over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lets discuss how EVIL Debt is!!!!

tree33

Registered
Debt makes you a slave to the company you work for, yeah you love your job, but then they hire someone that makes your job no longer enjoyable. You got to much Debt to just say, "fuck you im out" and it will be hard to find a job to cover all the debt you have accrued then what do you do. You stay at the job hating it more and more. Companies take advantage of this scenerio by holding things over your head, and they dont even have to be blunt about it and usually aren't. Well if you can't or won't do this for the company then we will find someone who will and can. Thats when you think, "damn I have a mortgage, 2 young kids, wife, 2 car payments, thousands of dollars of credit card debt", ok ill do it. I was watching a news show a while back and the HR lady was going around talking about how they don't like to see pictures of family members in there cubicles and that could keep them from promotions. The reason she said, hold on to your hats, "that tells the boss that you would rather be there with them then at work doing your job". You have got to be fucking kidding me, that is when I realized that a person with no Debt and saves his/her money are truly free.

This is not an opinion this is a fact. Think about it the next time a company is willing to give you $5,000-10,000 to buy a house as a starting Bonus. You are now there fucking slave and they can do what ever they want because you got 10,000 so you got buy a house that you can't barely afford.

Last edited:
Debt makes you a slave to the company you work for, yeah you love your job, but then they hire someone that makes your job no longer enjoyable. You got to much Debt to just say, "fuck you im out" and it will be hard to find a job to cover all the debt you have accrued then what do you do. You stay at the job hating it more and more. Companies take advantage of this scenerio by holding things over your head, and they dont even have to be blunt about it and usually aren't. Well if you can't or won't do this for the company then we will find someone who will and can. Thats when you think, "damn I have a mortgage, 2 young kids, wife, 2 car payments, thousands of dollars of credit card debt", ok ill do it. I was watching a news show a while back and the HR lady was going around talking about how they don't like to see pictures of family members in there cubicles and that could keep them from promotions. The reason she said, hold on to your hats, "that tells the boss that you would rather be there with them then at work doing your job". You have got to be fucking kidding me, that is when I realized that a person with no Debt and saves his/her money are truly free.

This is not an opinion this is a fact. Think about it the next time a company is willing to give you $5,000-10,000 to buy a house as a starting Bonus. You are now there fucking slave and they can do what ever they want because you got 10,000 so you got buy a house that you can't barely afford.

I let my debt go...its been 8 years and I dont buy something unless I have cash for it...

When I get a house I will have to take a mortgage but its not going to be anything where I can't cover it very easily...im talking 1/10 of my monthly income...

I feel great...

It is such a horrible feeling to feel like a slave...to struggle to breathe...can't live like that...

Ya its nice to get whatever you want whenever the notion arrives but then comes the buyers remorse and spoiles it all...

Ill take my little 3 br rental and paid off car notes over that gigantic house in the suburbs with 2 $1000 car notes anyday....NO THANK YOU...

tree33:

Im with you 100% on debt. It is represents pure leverage against you in life. I am very fortunate to not have long term debt whatsoever. However we are in the same boat as far job misery as I hate mine as well and feel like a slave sometimes. I work with alot of garbage in the construction industry. I can't just switch industries right now due to having a record and my boss know this and uses this as leverage against me. I am paraplegic as well which doesn't help things but my point is alot of work places use any type leverage they can to keep tabs on there investments such as yourself. However, having said that the only thing that limits us in this world is us brotha, so like myself if you want change bad enough focus on that and it will happen.

Another post that has nothing to do with bodybuilding. ;sleeping-

first we should move this to the business/finance section then change the title to "I had poor personal responsibilty, took on to much debt and am now bitter about it". Taking on debt has always been a choice. If you make a choice of free will to be a "slave" to debt, well then that just sounds like an oxymoron to me, (a slave by free will??) or just a plain moron if that`s not what you wanted.

you don`t like life, go change it. You are at the current place in life because of your own decisions. Decisions now, shape your destiny tomorrow, choose wisely.

Debt is not evil. When used irresponsibly it can be a burden, or worse. The problem is unwise purchases, people who live beyond their means and the "buy, buy, buy" attitude and sense of entitelment that people have.

Even with a signing bonus, nobody forces you to buy an expensive house. If you overextend yourself, it is not debt's fault, it's yours. That's just like saying guns kill people and spoons made me fat. Take some damn responsbility for your choices.

BORING

This is a bodybuilding board no one comes here to read sob stories about debt.

I don't mind. I don't think a lot of people on here mind either. There are some damn smart people on this forum and a lot can be learned here outside of bodybuilding. The title should have given it away that this was not about bodybuilding so I'm not sure why you spend the time to click on it let alone comment. Either it's a valuable thread or a mod will delete it.

Think about it the next time a company is willing to give you $5,000-10,000 to buy a house as a starting Bonus. You are now there fucking slave and they can do what ever they want because you got 10,000 so you got buy a house that you can't barely afford.

LOL at this.

The fact you are barely literate adds to the lulz.

It's the bank's fault for "treating you like a slave."

Cos of course slaves used to get $10k up front before they started picking cotton.

Those evil banks with their evil debt.

hahaha

I agree 100 percent... I work in finance at a Ford dealership and everyday I see people making 8$ an hour walk out with $600 payments for 72 months.. and they dont even think twice about it.. the majority of people these days have no concept of debt whatsoever.. but hey it pays my bills so who am I to complain

So once you have your house paid off then what and no debt at all then what does one do?

I agree 100 percent... I work in finance at a Ford dealership and everyday I see people making 8$ an hour walk out with $600 payments for 72 months.. and they dont even think twice about it.. the majority of people these days have no concept of debt whatsoever.. but hey it pays my bills so who am I to complain

Someone who grosses $320 a week qualifies for $600 a month payments?
its almost predatory in nature, i.e. big bank entering into agreement with someone who is obviously 18 or over who only makes $8 an hour (or whatever minimum wage is). For my hypothetical fact scenario, lets assume that the minimum wage worker, is over 18 years of age and not that well versed in financial matters, definitely not as well versed as the bank and its employees. you see where I am going, we obviously have a binding contract and this is no defense but its not an agreement entered into between too equally savvy parties and we see who the prey is and who the predator is.

You guys are ridiculous....seriously....guy makes a thread about his life, he's obviously frustrated, and u ridicule him?

That goes to show there's more young, immature guys on this forum....half of u probably live with your mommys and have no clue what DEBT is!

We all make the mistake of slightly over extending sometimes....you can afford the debt but like the OP says, it controls your decisions.....I understand entirely brother......and again, ignore these idiots

you think debt sucks? try being the fiscally responsible people who had to foot the bill to bailout the idiots who lived beyond their means..

You guys are ridiculous....seriously....guy makes a thread about his life, he's obviously frustrated, and u ridicule him?

That goes to show there's more young, immature guys on this forum....half of u probably live with your mommys and have no clue what DEBT is!

We all make the mistake of slightly over extending sometimes....you can afford the debt but like the OP says, it controls your decisions.....I understand entirely brother......and again, ignore these idiots

No, we all don't. That's just a cop out to make yourself feel better. My wife and I are very fiscally responsible, and have never needed anyone to bail us out. If we can't afford something, we don't buy it. Don't spend money on gear if you don't have enough for your mortgage, and don't buy new clothes if you need to pay the power bill. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Maybe the people whining about debt were let out into the world having no clue what RESPONSIBILITY it.

And PeterBobJohn, I see where you're coming from with the lender:lendee::predator:prey analogy but I disagree. The bank doesn't coerce anyone into signing, doesn't recruit people for loans, etc. A person walks in with the intention already rooted. It's not the bank's job to teach everyone that comes through the doors about finance and responsibility, that's a parent's job...or worst case, *gasp*, an individual's own job. That whole mentality is the reason we have much bullshit is government. People want someone else to tell them what to do instead of putting in the work to figure it out themselves.

Again, debt isn't evil...people are just stupid.

Last edited:
So managing your money more effectively couldn't have an effect on your ability to follow your bodybuilding dreams in a bit more comfort?

You're quite short-sighted, my friend.

So once you have your house paid off then what and no debt at all then what does one do?

Save for retirement so one doesn't have to be another leech on the system when they've stopped working?

I agree wholeheartedly w the op.
I paid off my car last month, have a credit card for work expenses (which is paid down every 28 days) and my only "debt" is my Sallie Mae payment each month for my student loans. And those will be gone in 16 more months. If I don't have cash, I don't buy anything. When my fiancé & I get married, well have @25% to put down on a house, which will ensure a highly manageable mortgage payment.

How does this relate to bodybuilding?
Just read any thread where someone is lamenting that they "just can't afford" so-and-so. THAT is how it relates.

If most people would simply live within their means, life would be so much easier.

The greatest quote from any movie was when (in Fight Club) Tyler Durden said "We work jobs we hate to buy shit we don't need."

you think debt sucks? try being the fiscally responsible people who had to foot the bill to bailout the idiots who lived beyond their means..

Not everyone who needed bailing out was an idiot, the banks were a part of it as well. There were many instances of predatory lending, hence The Truth In Lending Act which requires that all consumers be provided with accurate information concerning the cost of credit and that such disclosures are provided in a timely manner and disclosed using a
special format to ensure the disclosures are clear and conspicuous.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws