advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT: Facebook Stock - Be Rich in 10 years ?

raw33man

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm considering buying fb stocks... it's 20 30 bucks and let's say I buy 2,000 dollars worth of them.

now you might think it's a dumb idea as wtf is facebook, it's just a social network but WTF was google 10 years ago ? and wtf was apple 10 years ago ?

google was a search engine, google stocks were 20 dollars 8 years ago too but now they are 650... The thing is no one expected google would be this big. and everyone is thinking the same for Facebook. I believe facebook has a good future, they were hiring programmers recently, I'm positive they will expand.

Thoughts ??

I think it'll drop to $12 before it goes up.

talking about the long run, in 10 years.

the man turned down a 1billion dollar contract. He is smart, I'm sure he will expand facebook on his own and make it like google. google was just a search engine and nothing more, that was 10 years ago when its stock were 20 bucks.

Last edited:
Will something diff./better come along or will FB evolve/expand? I don't know all about stocks nor FB for that matter but if it doesn't evolve and expand correctly, it will be worth shit before it rises...That's my ignorant take as of right now anyways.

raw33man, are you 33yrs. old or are you much, MUCH younger? The reason I ask is many of your threads(not necessarily this one) and posts suggest, to me at least, that you're much less mature than a lot of what ProfessionalMuscle members are...at least the names that are recognizable. I see that you have a lot of posts and because of that, you're Kilo Klub. That used to be something that took the members of ProfessionalMuscle a long time to achieve. Hell, some veterans of the board for years are still not quite there yet w/regards to post count but that's because they, for the most part, contribute to the board with very good content. I'm wondering if things have completely changed here to the extent that Kilo Klub no longer holds the weight that it used to....Well, I guess I don't think it does. Can you enlighten me a bit possibly?

Will something diff./better come along or will FB evolve/expand? I don't know all about stocks nor FB for that matter but if it doesn't evolve and expand correctly, it will be worth shit before it rises...That's my ignorant take as of right now anyways.

raw33man, are you 33yrs. old or are you much, MUCH younger? The reason I ask is many of your threads(not necessarily this one) and posts suggest, to me at least, that you're much less mature than a lot of what ProfessionalMuscle members are...at least the names that are recognizable. I see that you have a lot of posts and because of that, you're Kilo Klub. That used to be something that took the members of ProfessionalMuscle a long time to achieve. Hell, some veterans of the board for years are still not quite there yet w/regards to post count but that's because they, for the most part, contribute to the board with very good content. I'm wondering if things have completely changed here to the extent that Kilo Klub no longer holds the weight that it used to....Well, I guess I don't think it does. Can you enlighten me a bit possibly?

GREAT post. after seeing rawman's posts on candice's thread, I am totally surprised that he wasn't perma-banned.

Would you have bought MySpace stock 5 years ago?

I trade stocks and have been for 12 years or so. Nobody that knows anything would touch it with a ten foot poll.

If you decided to start a cult, I will be happy to sign everything I own over to you.

I'd say it is a bad investment... Look at myspace, before that was livejournal.

I don't know much about stocks but I would look in to something like twitter over facebook, simply because all the celebs use twitter... Truthfully, I would steer clear of all social media sites for investment purposes.

I don't see how Facebook generates huge amounts of cash at least enough for it to grow to Google size.

The difference between Facebook stock now and Google/Apple stock in the past is Facebook waited quite a long time to sell this stock. There isn't really a huge market of users to pander to anymore since most people who can get one already have one. As far as stock goes it's already flopped and even if it goes up over 10 years I don't think it's a great investment.

More in this article about why it's not a good idea:
Facebook’s Cold IPO Calculus: Protecting Insiders Over Shareholders, Obscuring Risks | Betabeat

Would you have bought MySpace stock 5 years ago?
Precisely. People are not going to pay to be social on the internet. It's hard enough to get them to pay a cover in real life - why would they pay to be semi-social on the internet? The only hook for facebook is that they got the 40+ demographic. Myspace did not capture that.

A few weeks ago, there was an article on one of the major magazines called, "Apple now at 700, poised to go to 900" or something to that effect. It was at 700/share at the time. I checked all over and all sites had similar articles. Trust me that this is a HUGE red flag to dump everything you have because the owners of those publications and internet sites have a vested interest in you buying their overpriced shares. Today, just a few weeks later, it's at 630 dollars (a huge 70/share haircut, too bad for everyone that listened to that widespread news).

Facebook is another problem. Facebook's earnings/share is 29 cents! That's right! And even at the their sub 20 dollar pricetag, their P/E ratio is almost 70 times earnings! You think the potential of that turd is worth that premium? If you do, you are one delusional economical tour de crappe (or just young and gullible). And here's the crux: facebook will NEVER get membership dues. And the sheer amount of advertising it would take to justify it's share price would make the site unbearable with current technology. Even worse the stock is down almost 50% from its IPO price and insiders are jumping ship.

These are all flash-in-the-pan companies. Even mighty Microsoft has fallen from grace and in how short a time? Windows 95 marked Microsoft's big rise and that wasn't even 20 years ago! Contrast that with AT&T: the "T" in AT&T stand for telegraph!!! That's right. Telegraph!

Apple will go the same route as we all know these are hugely overpriced novelty items. You think might Apple would have cared a bit about Samsung and suing them if they were confident in the quality of their product's longevity? A lot of us are making money on companies like Facebook and Apple on the way down. My broker couldn't even let me borrow any more shares to short.

Oh and before you go thinking selling (even shorting your account) is evil, remember, you can't buy unless someone else sells and sure, of course the market would be better if the public just bought and nobody ever sold. How ridiculously obvious.

Honestly your best best is to invest in CDs and other low risk investments. Facebook is gonna be pretty volatile for the next few years. Until they can find a way to generate steady revenue that doesn't hinge on a few major overhauls to their system I would recommend staying away from Facebook stocks.

Facebook is currently a tad under 20.

All time low is just a bit over 18, its IPO was in the high 30s.

High end innovation takes a while, people are stagnant in terms of long term yields honestly. They are impatient and impractical. Facebook is not like myspace nor the other social venues in regards to the simple fact that they have huge resources at their disposal, market saturation like none other, and have some pretty high caliber individuals running the company.

This is not a company that says lets only do what were doing till we go out. However it will take time. I see it dropping to under 15, possibly 12. Its still an infantile stock so we really don't know for sure but its not worth the risk at the current price point.

If it drops to 12, pick it up... But not till. This will be one worth 30-40 in 5 years or so at least.

Honestly your best best is to invest in CDs and other low risk investments. Facebook is gonna be pretty volatile for the next few years. Until they can find a way to generate steady revenue that doesn't hinge on a few major overhauls to their system I would recommend staying away from Facebook stocks.

Sorry bud, but honestly thats absurdly bad advice. Especially with current interest rates you won't even make enough to cover inflation.

What you guys really need to do is stop trying to micro manage investments and find a good firm. Look for something with a low risk index that will generate at least 5-6% a year. Thats extremely easy to find, very common, and very conservative.

I'm considering buying fb stocks... it's 20 30 bucks and let's say I buy 2,000 dollars worth of them.

now you might think it's a dumb idea as wtf is facebook, it's just a social network but WTF was google 10 years ago ? and wtf was apple 10 years ago ?

google was a search engine, google stocks were 20 dollars 8 years ago too but now they are 650... The thing is no one expected google would be this big. and everyone is thinking the same for Facebook. I believe facebook has a good future, they were hiring programmers recently, I'm positive they will expand.

Thoughts ??

Myspace, then Twitter, then Facebook, Then ????????? save your money. Any money you make you will most surely loose in the long run if you are not able to move it fast enough out of that stock. Facebook as a online service is great. But as a stock it's very risky.

If this sounds funny, well it wasn't meant to be but Vibrators (yes vibrators) have an anual sales figure of $1 BILLION dollars, Condoms come in a close second with roughly $450 million. All you have to do is look very closely to your own life needs and see that there is plenty of money to be made out there. You just have to get away from the FAD, and get into real life issues. And that's where you will make your money.

Trojan brand Condoms are traded and their ticker symbol is CHD. Trojan condoms are one brand of many brands owned by Church & Dwight company.

They also own brands such as Arm & Hammer, Oxyclean, Kaboom, Orange Glow, Oragel, Nair, AIM toothpaste, and Close-Up toothpaste.

Rawman, all you got to do is think outside the box brother.

Last edited:
Microsoft isn't really a fair company to compare with, they are one of the few companies that have frequently offered stock splits. 9 to date.

What they did was actually fairly ingenious. They really looked after themselves and high end investors and did a great job doing so.

Where they didn't do right is they have had virtually no new high end advancements worth a damn. We have windows, office, and the xbox... thats really all anyone knows microsot for these days. The smart phone arena never really took off. They like facebook need a new innovation to take advantage or the price manipulation of their stock that they did such a great job with.

Precisely. People are not going to pay to be social on the internet. It's hard enough to get them to pay a cover in real life - why would they pay to be semi-social on the internet? The only hook for facebook is that they got the 40+ demographic. Myspace did not capture that.

A few weeks ago, there was an article on one of the major magazines called, "Apple now at 700, poised to go to 900" or something to that effect. It was at 700/share at the time. I checked all over and all sites had similar articles. Trust me that this is a HUGE red flag to dump everything you have because the owners of those publications and internet sites have a vested interest in you buying their overpriced shares. Today, just a few weeks later, it's at 630 dollars (a huge 70/share haircut, too bad for everyone that listened to that widespread news).

Facebook is another problem. Facebook's earnings/share is 29 cents! That's right! And even at the their sub 20 dollar pricetag, their P/E ratio is almost 70 times earnings! You think the potential of that turd is worth that premium? If you do, you are one delusional economical tour de crappe (or just young and gullible). And here's the crux: facebook will NEVER get membership dues. And the sheer amount of advertising it would take to justify it's share price would make the site unbearable with current technology. Even worse the stock is down almost 50% from its IPO price and insiders are jumping ship.

These are all flash-in-the-pan companies. Even mighty Microsoft has fallen from grace and in how short a time? Windows 95 marked Microsoft's big rise and that wasn't even 20 years ago! Contrast that with AT&T: the "T" in AT&T stand for telegraph!!! That's right. Telegraph!

Apple will go the same route as we all know these are hugely overpriced novelty items. You think might Apple would have cared a bit about Samsung and suing them if they were confident in the quality of their product's longevity? A lot of us are making money on companies like Facebook and Apple on the way down. My broker couldn't even let me borrow any more shares to short.

Oh and before you go thinking selling (even shorting your account) is evil, remember, you can't buy unless someone else sells and sure, of course the market would be better if the public just bought and nobody ever sold. How ridiculously obvious.

Sorry bud, but honestly thats absurdly bad advice. Especially with current interest rates you won't even make enough to cover inflation.

What you guys really need to do is stop trying to micro manage investments and find a good firm. Look for something with a low risk index that will generate at least 5-6% a year. Thats extremely easy to find, very common, and very conservative.
Sorry sorry, bud. I agree obviously with the CD's but you won't make enough to cover inflation in either scenario and definitely not with an index fund. It's not micro-managing if you are managing! A broker or firm is technically your micromanager. You think 5-6% will cover inflation over the next 5-10 years? Cmon... low risk index? Got a chuckle out of that one.

I'm not predicting the future but I don't see your portfolio showing much inflation-adjusted growth anytime soon (decades). And your 50-dollar facebook price point prediction for 5 years? So a 125% return over 5 years huh? 400% if it hits your strike price. Yeah, ya know I don't see that happening? It certainly could. But I highly doubt it. And a huge risk at that.

I can see why you'd want someone to micromanage your portfolio.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131