over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HRT and drug test - should I compete?

mtygorilla

Newbies
I consider myself a natural, but I understand the view that I am not. My normal testosterone is that of a 12 year old girl and while on HRT, my levels become normal or mid to high normal at best for my age of 38. I am currently on 200mg of test cyp EOW and my last blood test had me at 423ng/dl. Considerable jump from the 75ng/dl without any HRT.

I am considering lifting in a drug free powerlifting meet in March. The rules state that medically prescribed testosterone is not a violation as long as the testosterone to epitestosterone ratio does not exceed 6:1.

I planned on lifting in non tested event this month, but I strained my pec a few months ago and have just been able to begin benching again a few weeks ago.

I am open to your views, on if I should or should not compete in this drug free event.

Also, I have a question about my HRT and my epitestosterone levels.
Considering my levels are as low as they are without HRT, would the 200mg EOW of Test cyp, be enough to put me over the 6:1 ratio?

I consider myself a natural, but I understand the view that I am not. My normal testosterone is that of a 12 year old girl and while on HRT, my levels become normal or mid to high normal at best for my age of 38. I am currently on 200mg of test cyp EOW and my last blood test had me at 423ng/dl. Considerable jump from the 75ng/dl without any HRT.

I am considering lifting in a drug free powerlifting meet in March. The rules state that medically prescribed testosterone is not a violation as long as the testosterone to epitestosterone ratio does not exceed 6:1.

I planned on lifting in non tested event this month, but I strained my pec a few months ago and have just been able to begin benching again a few weeks ago.

I am open to your views, on if I should or should not compete in this drug free event.

Also, I have a question about my HRT and my epitestosterone levels.
Considering my levels are as low as they are without HRT, would the 200mg EOW of Test cyp, be enough to put me over the 6:1 ratio?
Very good question considering the rules may allow for you to compete. I like to compete in strength sports as well but have stayed away from "drug free" events for ethical reasons. When I competed in tested events I competed clean but I'm at a point now where I'll always be on or recently have been on some type of gear and just have decided that if I'm going to compete it's going to be in open non tested events, ie: I dig strongman comps and have trained and competed in them before and considered doing them again. Strongman events are fun to do and I don't have to worry about if I'm using gear or not.

Personally I would email or call the meet director and explain the situation to them. For most people powerlifting is about testing themselves anyway so I would compete regardless just to see where i was and if the director thought that I should not be eligible for a trophy so be it because I am really there to push myself and see where I am not for another piece of plastic and metal to put on a shelf with the rest of them.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131