over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adding Humalog w/each meal to Lantus.

I didn't like the lantus too much, I really liked the levemir but honestly, the tresiba is the best insulin I've used as far as basal goes. I add in humulin-r 40 minutes prior to each meal and get on just fine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Professional Muscle mobile app

Details please

without pics....useless posts

It's a fairly common thing and many guys seem to love combining slow and fast slins in one day. Your doses seem reasonsible as well and I think under the right circumstance could work great. I personally haven't used both in such doses but did experiment with both briefly. I have also tried lantus alone and small doses of humalog through the day (again briefly).

Me personally I don't like lantus too much. I can see why it would be extremely effective for some people (especially on keto). I just think having slin turned on all day when consuming carbs every meal it's a recipe to put on unnecessary fat. That is coming from a guy who is naturally tall and skinny with a fast metabolism as well.

I have known guys do do humalog with most meals with good results. A dose such as 6iu so the daily amount is nothing crazy. Now add that to 50iu lantus and that's constant slin "pulse" would help build a lot of size/fullness but you would have to watch fat gain.

I use fast acting slin around training and much prefer that method. I also use no hgh and feel it is not essential (still recommend it though) like many do. However when lantus is active all day I 100% think small doses (1-4iu) of hgh should be injected through the day. That would be atleast 2 hgh injections if I was recommending it. 2iu 3 times per day or 3iu twice daily would suffice in your situation. I know you use hgh so you would be gtg. The fact I struggle with any dose of hgh (severe fatigue) gives me even more reason not to bother with lantus. So I do recommend hgh to everyone else if they can but for me I simply struggle too much (even on 2iu per day) which is annoying.

I would also (ideally) recommend 2 shots of synthetine daily when using lantus. The slin will shuttle the synthetine into the muscle cells and in simple terms help you burn more fat. I would also recommend 2 daily training sessions on such a protocol. By training that could be 1 cardio and 1 weight training session or 2 weight training sessions. Before each session I would inject humalog, synthetine and hgh. Now these are not essential but just some of the methods I would use to help prevent unnecessary fat gain and also get optimal results.

It's definitely worth a try and see for yourself but make sure you have hgh active most of the day to go with that lantus. The whole point of this is to shuttle nutrients and aid in recovery so I would eat and train accordingly. Keep carbs controlled for daily meals but up them around training time.

You should log it.

Last edited:
Well I just saw this by Shelby on FB

Mid 150s female at the start of prep having 500-600 carbs. It's nuts what some can get away with. My bro I wrote of above is at 200 carbs and 350 protein 16 weeks out - at 235lbs. It's interesting and I amazing to me. I think some of his male clients have been at like 400-500 carbs at end of diet. No, I doubt it's because of massive drugs, but at the same time I wonder if metabolisms really differ that much between individuals.

Its all about context. Sure at the end of prep you can slam 500g carbs and utilize them because your body has had 500g carbs in the last damn 3 weeks. Give someone a muffin pre workout and they turn into google maps.

More isnt always better. Especially with insulin. 90% of ppl learn the hard way with insulin.

Its all about context. Sure at the end of prep you can slam 500g carbs and utilize them because your body has had 500g carbs in the last damn 3 weeks. Give someone a muffin pre workout and they turn into google maps.

More isnt always better. Especially with insulin. 90% of ppl learn the hard way with insulin.

Also, folks use carbs to cover the amount of insulin they take rather than using insulin to better utilize the carbs they are already eating. I understand carbs will slowly go up and insulin may very well go up with it, but to me it should be on an as needed basis, not just for the hell of it.

You're right, refeeds is one thing. What I'm talking about is guys and girls dieting and losing weight/fat on very high carbs. And this is without any insulin too.

But regarding insulin using guys, I think I saw where Milos said he never went below 600 carbs in a day on a prep.:rolleyes::D But he was never really hard.

Guys doing tons of insulin all the way through prep just don't get extremely "dug out". I think most will do best by sacrificing fullness for conditioning.

You're right, refeeds is one thing. What I'm talking about is guys and girls dieting and losing weight/fat on very high carbs. And this is without any insulin too.

But regarding insulin using guys, I think I saw where Milos said he never went below 600 carbs in a day on a prep.:rolleyes::D But he was never really hard.

Guys doing tons of insulin all the way through prep just don't get extremely "dug out". I think most will do best by sacrificing fullness for conditioning.

And this only works with genetic freaks who do extended sets for 3 hours. They're shuttling everything they're using. And they definitely aren't starting at 600g. They experiment, find a base and manipulate. His protocols aren't some hodge podge one size fits all.

The shit works..if you're a freak on the best regiments with the best food, sleep, and schedule. To the average joe, or even national competitor, it isn.t necessary. And most likely wont be able to be sustained for long periods of time.

Why dont you guys just stop asking these questions or go find out for yourself? Hearing some respected vet or some IFBB pro say yeah man that sounds like a good idea, might make you feel better, but you wont know if its going to work for you until you try it.

Milos was never hard ????

Seriously ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, folks use carbs to cover the amount of insulin they take rather than using insulin to better utilize the carbs they are already eating. I understand carbs will slowly go up and insulin may very well go up with it, but to me it should be on an as needed basis, not just for the hell of it.

This is so true but I think there can be exceptions. Your post really is spot on though and guys should follow it. Nevertheless for many using less than their carbs in g's per meal could be optimal as well. I just mean if someone was having 80g carbs for 5 meals it doesn't mean they have to dose approx 8iu humalog with every meal. Obviously the 1iu per 10g carbs rule is flawed but just using it was explanation sake. A figure such as 4iu for 80g carbs could be more suitable for some. Moreover one could be having 40g carbs intra workout then they add slin in and to me they could get away with using more than 4iu (and 40g carbs) if using the same 1iu per 10g carbs rule. To me it's about shuttling as many carbs and aminos into the muscle cells until that starts spilling over into fat gain.

Most people could just add approx 3iu humalog to every meal and have very good results regardless how many carbs they consume for those meals (say it's 80g for example). Although slin is nothing special and I agree with tren_plz in the sense people just need to actually try something to know exactly how they will respond. As I mentioned earlier I have used lower doses but from that I could gauge a decent idea of how my body responds.

Adding some humalog to various meals for many won't do that much. However if you have a great plan and use aas and hgh and add the slin in you will obviously notice something and the added fullness alone could be worth it.

Although from what I have seen on mates and others I think many could be disappointed with regular slin throughout the day. But again you don't know until you try it. So many factors mainly diet and dose come into play. I wouldn't expect for many you will pack on muscle like some may think though. This is why I posted my tips to prevent possible fat gain as in my experience a lot of guys who just start adding in lot's of slin usually just get fatter as a result.

I am using 10iu humalog pre workout now with approx 150g carbs and tonnes of aminos intra but I train for 2 hours most days. I then have another 80g carbs from rice post workout when the slin is still active.

I'm not an expert, but it doesn't really make sense to me to add small amount of lantus to each meal. Lantus is slow releasing, so the 5iu added to a meal would release over an 18 to 24hr period. No immediate effects to the meal. What I think would make more sense is to add 5iu (or less) of humalog to each meal on top of the morning lantus dose. This way there would be a slow and steady release of insulin throughout the day from the lantus and a spike at each meal from humalog.

Again, I've never done this, just my logic from reading about how each type of insulin behaves.

Don't comment then.
A useless comment to a useless post. Move along.

yes....im so glad you said that...because this whole thread is useless...

insulin should be used when ones genetic potential is done...

which I will put MONEY on....that you look like you barely workout.

so prove me wrong....and post pics of yourself as to WHY you think
you need slin with EVERY MEAL to grow...

nonsense...and useless..

:)

Milos was never hard ????

Seriously ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes seriously. Look, all the respect to the guy but he was not an extremely hard and grainy guy, and he joked about never being able to bring in the glutes. I'll modify it and say he was hard but not extremely so. All you have to do is look at his pics - also compare to pre-94 pics when he was a smaller guy. Part of that is genetic for sure but also to a degree not wanting to sacrifice fullness.

Why dont you guys just stop asking these questions or go find out for yourself? Hearing some respected vet or some IFBB pro say yeah man that sounds like a good idea, might make you feel better, but you wont know if its going to work for you until you try it.

Well, I have no questions for myself. I already know insulin doesn't help me much. Shit, nothing works very well :D

All I'm saying is that some eat surprisingly high carbs, insulin or not.

nonsense...and useless..

You just got bullied so hard. Prove him wrong!! :cool:

Well, I have no questions for myself. I already know insulin doesn't help me much. Shit, nothing works very well :D

All I'm saying is that some eat surprisingly high carbs, insulin or not.

I noticed some people cross the road without looking both ways...but seriously, after being around a decent amount now having talked with the "in crowd" i've finally seen the light.

I know the anwser "its different for everyone", is the last answer people want to hear, but its the plain ass truth.

Jeremy Potvin, dudes a physique guy pro. Looks great, stupid beautiful structure and strong as fuck. You'd never guess he's repping 315/405 easy on bench. Eats fuckin cheetos in the gym, trains soft with no intensity, physique doesnt resemble that in the slightest.

Genetics. Is it what it is.

nonsense...and useless..

I don't need to prove anything to you or anyone here.
Will this help me in any way? We ask questions here to help each other.
I especially don't feel the need to show anything to bitter vets. Because despite the knowledge you possess, and respect you have (I have respect for you) you've become a negative Nancy.
But ill tell you what ill show tren_plz my pic.
I have stand out tatts and do not want to be known. This would mess up my professional life.

Tren_plz. Hit me up with your email.
Keep pic to self and simply post if I lift or not lol

Cinder looks good. Definitely lean enough to use slin. Needs a new photographer though :p

Too late to edit my original post.

Big enough to use slin. :p

I don't think adding slin is for only those who have gotten all they can from other drugs. It's more about being most efficient. Is it more efficient doing 3-4g gear and 10iu of GH? Or is it more effective to cut those dosages in half and use some insulin? Which do you think will put more muscle on?

srs question tenny

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
105octane
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner