over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eggs??

livelife1

Newbies
Does it really matter what type you buy if only eating 6 a day? Organic vs egglands vs store brand. Price dif is kinda big is it really worth the extra money?

Does it really matter what type you buy if only eating 6 a day? Organic vs egglands vs store brand. Price dif is kinda big is it really worth the extra money?
From a get your protein in standpoint...NO
From a nutritional standpoint (especially omega 6 to 3 ratio)....YES

Does it help if the eggs are cage free? Ive been eating those kind of eggs, but they aren't labeled as organic. I guess organic eggs might have chickens that are fed a different diet? What makes an egg organic?

but if you are taking krill oil fish oil then eggs shouldnt matter then correct?
You have to think in terms of TOTAL of the daily diet, if you are eating a largely proportional omega 6 rich diet...NOT IDEAL
a few krill oil pill's aren't going to tip the scale in your favor most likely.

Does it help if the eggs are cage free? Ive been eating those kind of eggs, but they aren't labeled as organic. I guess organic eggs might have chickens that are fed a different diet? What makes an egg organic?
Honestly, you don't want to journey down this rabbit hole.

You can choose the red pill or the blue pill (the MATRIX). The choice is yours :)

Organic egg, organic diet.

Cage free means not raised in a cage but could still be raised in a very small hen house.

Cage free, free roam means they actually get some field, pasture to roam in, eat a more natural diet but tend to come at a higher price.

Buy a carton of each, and crack the eggs open. You'll notice the free roam natural fed chicken will have a very dark more orange yolk, will also have a richer flavor. The cheap ass caged, grain fed egg will be a light yellow yolk and have a bland flavor.

I tend to buy eggland best that have omega 3s but every once I a while I'll buy the free roam alfresco eggs. Expense but taste so good. https://vitalfarms.com/pasture-raised-eggs/

Cage free would probably mean happier chicken as it is not in a small cage but no guarantee of the food it ate. USDA "Certified Organic" would have to follow the guidelines. https://www.ams.usda.gov/grades-standards/organic-standards#Livestock Not certified could mean anything from my understanding.

Organic egg, organic diet.

Cage free means not raised in a cage but could still be raised in a very small hen house.

Cage free, free roam means they actually get some field, pasture to roam in, eat a more natural diet but tend to come at a higher price.

Buy a carton of each, and crack the eggs open. You'll notice the free roam natural fed chicken will have a very dark more orange yolk, will also have a richer flavor. The cheap ass caged, grain fed egg will be a light yellow yolk and have a bland flavor.

I tend to buy eggland best that have omega 3s but every once I a while I'll buy the free roam alfresco eggs. Expense but taste so good. https://vitalfarms.com/pasture-raised-eggs/

I used to go by this, also, but they now add certain compounds to chicken feed to cause the yolks to be darker. The customer is more or less playing a guessing game with what they're eating unless they know for a fact that their chickens are raised the exact way they're claimed to be. The entire organic/free range/pasture raised thing is a mess. Unfortunately, all we can really do is buy the best quality we can afford and hope the claims have at least some validity.

If you can't see the chickens that the eggs came from, I would not buy them.

Unfortunately that is not possible for everybody (not me). 10$ per dozen jumbo.

Same with chicken meat. Wish I could do that with fish :(

Being in Kentucky, there are plenty of locals with chickens that I buy eggs from, I can actually visit and see what the hens eat and how they live...THESE are the best eggs, deep orange nutritious yolks, they taste very rich also..love em

Being in Kentucky, there are plenty of locals with chickens that I buy eggs from, I can actually visit and see what the hens eat and how they live...THESE are the best eggs, deep orange nutritious yolks, they taste very rich also..love em

Being from Kentucky I can say you are 100% correct here.

My Dad raises chickens and I can tell you what an egg looks like is primarily from what breed of chicken laid it. It's less to do about all the secondary things discussed here. Those things have more to do with marketing.

Hi b-boy...you thoughts on those liquid eggs in the carton. Thanks in advance.
Take care.
MS

Hi b-boy...you thoughts on those liquid eggs in the carton. Thanks in advance.
Take care.
MS
Are you talking about egg beaters or liquid egg whites?

For many foods you can get away with cheaper varieties. However, eggs are definitely an exception and I would 100% recommend buying the better ones. Surely if you only have 6 per day that should mean paying that extra bit isn't that bad. I assume you are in the US so eggs are very cheap so I would definitely go with the best you can find. Cheap eggs are inferior in a nutritional standpoint and they taste completely different. Good quality eggs taste amazing.

Go to a local farmer and get some eggs, usually cost 50%+ cheaper than “pasture raised” at the store.. I remember I bought like 60 eggs from a farm for like $12 or something like that..

Another good investment if you have the space is get some chickens man.. I made a hen enclosure in a part of my backyard and I have 6 chickens, they give me at least 6 times eggs a day, sometimes more.. I’m stocked up on eggs all the time and they’re delicious! And cheaper than what it costs to get them at the store to feed them... I think it costs me around $20 a month to feed them, plus chickens are basically dinosaurs and eat everything from all the bugs and rodents and lizards they come across and even left over/scrap foods.. Those $20 a month gives me like 200 eggs a month lol

A very smart man, John Meadows, once said, "You are what you eat has eaten!". Go with quality and don't sacrifice your health.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131