over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

World Record for bench set

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. I mean..look at the old videos (Like Pumping Iron for example) look at all the big dudes in the gym and look at how much Arnold, Franco, Lou was lifting..it seems like..back in the day 315 to 405 was considered MASSIVE weight. Now today..its like..every other youtube fitness jock (with all due respect) lifts that like its nothing..or the fact that the average dedicated gear bro can easily lift at least 315 in the bench..etc Is it wrong for me to assume its all because of the fact that guys today take much more drugs and much higher dosages..or is there something more to the evolution of man with the weight lift increases progression?

I’m pretty sure Julius claims to be lifetime drug free but I don’t know if he’s been tested.

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. I mean..look at the old videos (Like Pumping Iron for example) look at all the big dudes in the gym and look at how much Arnold, Franco, Lou was lifting..it seems like..back in the day 315 to 405 was considered MASSIVE weight. Now today..its like..every other youtube fitness jock (with all due respect) lifts that like its nothing..or the fact that the average dedicated gear bro can easily lift at least 315 in the bench..etc Is it wrong for me to assume its all because of the fact that guys today take much more drugs and much higher dosages..or is there something more to the evolution of man with the weight lift increases progression?

Far more people are benching than in Arnold's day. Sampling from a larger pool will get you better chances of results. Also who the hell knows how many guys back then had a big press as everyone was not filming themselves while they lifted.

Far more people are benching than in Arnold's day. Sampling from a larger pool will get you better chances of results. Also who the hell knows how many guys back then had a big press as everyone was not filming themselves while they lifted.

I do agree that more guys taking drugs now too vs back then.

Used to be that guys would be wearing bench shirts to get that much up. Really is incredible.

Crazy part is he'd probably get some big carry over from a shirt.
Yeah, so he could train with one some and then without. Ive never used a shirt before so don't know. The only thing I ever wore was power briefs for squatting. Those felt great and provided a lot of support.

Scott Mendelson on some techniques to get your bench press up. Check out the photo in there on his chest after he tore something!

How much does this guy weight himself like 500 pounds ? Clearly need to be that big a guy to be even in with a chance of this
From what I could find he weighs a bit over 440 lbs. Big dude! Scott Mendelson was only 308 lbs and just about as strong.

Incredible brute strength...WOW!

Pound for pound, one of my favorite lifters is Brian Schwab.

He was ranked #1 in the nation in the 148 lb. weight class for 8 consecutive years and still holds the highest total of all time with 1930 from best equipped competition lifts of a 765 lb squat, 565 lb bench and a 606 lb deadlift. Brian has since moved up to the 165 lb class and has accomplished equipped competition lifts of an 825 lb squat, 622 lb bench, 628 lb deadlift, and a 2045 total, placing him in 3rd for the highest total of all time in this class. Brian has also competed both raw and single ply. Brian’s best raw competition lifts are a 535 lb squat (without knee sleeves or wraps), a 352 lb bench, a 584 lb deadlift, and a 1473 total in the 165 lb class. In single ply Brian has squatted 722 lbs, benched 435 lbs, deadlifted 584 lbs and totaled 1735 lbs at 165. He has been a featured athlete on Orlando’s Wesh News channel 2, published three articles for Powermag Magazine, has been featured in numerous issues of Powerlifting USA, and is the longest standing still competitive sponsored powerlifter for EliteFTS where he posts his training log here: www.elitefts.com/author/brian-schwab/.

http://orlandobarbell.com/about-brian-schwab-2/

Incredible brute strength...WOW!

Pound for pound, one of my favorite lifters is Brian Schwab.

He was ranked #1 in the nation in the 148 lb. weight class for 8 consecutive years and still holds the highest total of all time with 1930 from best equipped competition lifts of a 765 lb squat, 565 lb bench and a 606 lb deadlift. Brian has since moved up to the 165 lb class and has accomplished equipped competition lifts of an 825 lb squat, 622 lb bench, 628 lb deadlift, and a 2045 total, placing him in 3rd for the highest total of all time in this class. Brian has also competed both raw and single ply. Brian’s best raw competition lifts are a 535 lb squat (without knee sleeves or wraps), a 352 lb bench, a 584 lb deadlift, and a 1473 total in the 165 lb class. In single ply Brian has squatted 722 lbs, benched 435 lbs, deadlifted 584 lbs and totaled 1735 lbs at 165. He has been a featured athlete on Orlando’s Wesh News channel 2, published three articles for Powermag Magazine, has been featured in numerous issues of Powerlifting USA, and is the longest standing still competitive sponsored powerlifter for EliteFTS where he posts his training log here: www.elitefts.com/author/brian-schwab/.

http://orlandobarbell.com/about-brian-schwab-2/

That's incredible. Pound for pound and strength-to-weight ratio are key. What would happen if he had decided to eat his way up to 250? The extra muscularity and leverage would only help him.

That's incredible. Pound for pound and strength-to-weight ratio are key. What would happen if he had decided to eat his way up to 250? The extra muscularity and leverage would only help him.

Not necessarily. I have seen more than 1 lifter try to gain weight to compete in a higher division and it messed them up. It tends to be 275>308 or 308>shw that get benefit from added bodyweight. Smaller lifters just dont seem to handle well. Just like assuming he would do well in a shirt is off. 2 totally different sports. The shirt requires a ton of technique to handle and not bomb.

Julius has claimed to be life time natural and showed test results. Yes, I realize those test can be when clean or he can be lying. Just stating what is out there. All that aside, he has a really good story from where he came from, finding lifting, to now.

I don't consider it to be a valid move, too many spoters touching the bar, also the descent started too soon.

I don't consider it to be a valid move, too many spoters touching the bar, also the descent started too soon.

Haters gonna hate. It's ok. This is a bodybuilding forum. 3 judges passed it. He met all the rules of the federation. Clean lift.

Very impressive, regardless of his weight...

I won’t say I follow powerlifting, so I don’t mean this as negative. But when did the change, or loosen up on the rules. Didn’t the bench used to have very strict rules? The hand off, stop at the top briefly, slight pause on the chest, then press up and then rack it.
I don’t understand the sinking the bar in the chest and speed of the lift now. Again, this isn’t meant to be negative, just curious.

Haters gonna hate. It's ok. This is a bodybuilding forum. 3 judges passed it. He met all the rules of the federation. Clean lift.

So, the federation where he competes is a joke. IPF has the best rules, I would like a federation with the same technical requirements but without drug control.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
crankyfranky28
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131