over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

World Record for bench set

Very impressive, regardless of his weight...

I won’t say I follow powerlifting, so I don’t mean this as negative. But when did the change, or loosen up on the rules. Didn’t the bench used to have very strict rules? The hand off, stop at the top briefly, slight pause on the chest, then press up and then rack it.
I don’t understand the sinking the bar in the chest and speed of the lift now. Again, this isn’t meant to be negative, just curious.

In powerlifting, there are many different associations and federations, some have rigid rules and others are less demanding.

In powerlifting, there are many different associations and federations, some have rigid rules and others are less demanding.
One thing I’ve noticed with powerlifting is the big name lifters or top dog of the local community get the loosest rules. It is what it is that’s still so much more then anyone else has benched raw.

I don't consider it to be a valid move, too many spoters touching the bar, also the descent started too soon.

I think he would have got it without all the hands on BS of the spotters but we just don't know. I don't blame him at all those spotters were handier than Harvey Weinstein at a casting call.

I think he would have got it without all the hands on BS of the spotters but we just don't know. I don't blame him at all those spotters were handier than Harvey Weinstein at a casting call.
I agree. That was nuts. I used to spot a powerlifter I trained legs with and it was just me spotting him on squat. He would do 800 lbs or a bit more, bodyweight was 242 class. So I would just stand behind him and follow him down then back up with my arms ready to grab around him and help pull him up if something went wrong. One night his suit tore at the very bottom, split out in the seat. He couldn't get out of the hole so I helped pull him up. That's all you need. You don't need 3 dudes all around you.

I agree. That was nuts. I used to spot a powerlifter I trained legs with and it was just me spotting him on squat. He would do 800 lbs or a bit more, bodyweight was 242 class. So I would just stand behind him and follow him down then back up with my arms ready to grab around him and help pull him up if something went wrong. One night his suit tore at the very bottom, split out in the seat. He couldn't get out of the hole so I helped pull him up. That's all you need. You don't need 3 dudes all around you.

Not to mention if he did completely fail the bar is going to drop to his chest regardless of your hands caressing the plates lol. It is going to be a rescue lift off with that weight.

Not to mention if he did completely fail the bar is going to drop to his chest regardless of your hands caressing the plates lol. It is going to be a rescue lift off with that weight.
Usually unless there is an injury, the amount of force the spotter has to apply to get the bar moving again is quite small. I suppose you have to be ready for anything to happen though, including an injury. Catastrophic things can happen. Yeah, holding onto the wieght isn't going to make that bar come up much faster. Ive even seen cases where one guy on a side pulls up too early and then the bar goes crooked and really fucks up the lifter.

One thing I’ve noticed with powerlifting is the big name lifters or top dog of the local community get the loosest rules. It is what it is that’s still so much more then anyone else has benched raw.

That is why lifting at the gym is not the same as lifting a power meet.

So, the federation where he competes is a joke. IPF has the best rules, I would like a federation with the same technical requirements but without drug control.

IPF is a joke. They money grab to line pockets. $40k just to approve knee sleeves or a belt for a year?! Lol. Their rules are nazi like. Fuck that.

as for the sinking of the bar it’s allowed bc it still stops. You just can’t heave it. Guys like Hoornstra and Dan Green perfected it. I can’t do it. It’s a ballsy move w a 1rm.

I'm not a fan of IPF, but the liftings are cleaner, full-range, and without a bunch of spotters obscuring the view of the judges.

So, the federation where he competes is a joke. IPF has the best rules, I would like a federation with the same technical requirements but without drug control.
I’m pretty sure that this meet at the Arnold is the “circus” meet ran by xpc. Not on the main stage or in the same building. I had a lifter win there two years ago and she got a piece of paper to frame lmao. Having said that, Julius can press world record weights with start, press, and rack commands cleanly. I just wonder how he’s making these huge leaps being lifetime drug free. The guy was just at my church a couple months ago giving his testimony about how he went from the jail to the gym and has never taken steroids.

Julius used to be drug free. I pay attention to PLing and listen to some podcasts and boards and heard that he JUST GOT ON trt.
Basically, he's running like a cruise does now. Don't be surprised if you see 800lbs go down in the next year or two. That just shows you what a freak he is. Pretty sure they talked about it The Bro Cast PLing podcast.

I fully believe this. They were the ones giving shiiiit to the dudes who failed a drug test in the USAPL and IPL. Kelly Branton (strong as fuck Canadian dude) got busted and made up some protein powder excuse....dude tested positive for SARMS, dbol and winstrol too haha like wtf. Ray Williams is another guy that is said to be cheating but just has gotten away with it.

Julius used to be drug free. I pay attention to PLing and listen to some podcasts and boards and heard that he JUST GOT ON trt.
Basically, he's running like a cruise does now. Don't be surprised if you see 800lbs go down in the next year or two. That just shows you what a freak he is. Pretty sure they talked about it The Bro Cast PLing podcast.

I fully believe this. They were the ones giving shiiiit to the dudes who failed a drug test in the USAPL and IPL. Kelly Branton (strong as fuck Canadian dude) got busted and made up some protein powder excuse....dude tested positive for SARMS, dbol and winstrol too haha like wtf. Ray Williams is another guy that is said to be cheating but just has gotten away with it.

That’s why I like to say being drug tested and being drug free are two different things Hahahaha. Hey, I’m app for him juicing. Let him go all out on it and see what he can accomplish. His powerlifting total isn’t bad at all considering he doesnt really train the other two lifts.

Ray Williams lost about 50 pounds in his squat, which makes me think he had cut his cycle. He is a protégé of the IPF, like Bolt of the IOC.

Julius can lift that same weight with legitimate lifts, that's what bothers me, seeing these irregular lifts.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear