over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Full Body: One set to failure (daily) training / My Experience

But muscle damage isn’t what causes hypertrophy. A muscle isn’t torn down and built back stronger. From our current and best understanding of the literature mechanical tension is the primary driver and you can’t just make it happen by intentionally slowing down weights.
It happens involuntarily as the muscles reach failure.
This is what it seems. I'm a science nerd although I admit I kind of use it to confirm what I'm doing (what I want to do) isn't too suboptimal. But it seems like mechanical tension is what matters and our goal is to use volume as a tool to have as much mechanical tension we can in a week with the caveat that it needs to be an amount we can recover from. It seems like they are now saying frequency is not important it's a matter of preference, within reason. I do think there is something to sarcoplasmic hypertrophy as Milos is no fool and I'm sure his giant sets and nutrition protocols work or he wouldn't do them.

I'm a fan of high frequency or the bro split...don't like in between (ppl or u/l). Prefer one extreme or the other lol. What's your high frequency look like? If you hit everything EOD, how many total sets on average per part?

10 to 12 average

Example

3 sets for chest
3 sets for shoulder
3 sets super set each bicep and tri

Consider working set
If I bench 365. I don't count 135, 225 ,315
If I incline 315 I don't count 225
So 365 is 1, 315 incline is 2 and dips to failure or something else would be 3

So did anyone get good results following the JP EOD FB training?

So did anyone get good results following the JP EOD FB training?
Whats fb training? Eod training has been around for a long time, dorian yates was doing a upper lower split 3 times a week in the 80s before switching to his famous split.
The dc 2 way split, which is basically a modified upper lower is also done 3 days per week. The good thing about training eod is frequency, you get to hit bodyparts twice every maybe 8 days or so, which might work for some people better than the regular bro split where a bodypart is only hit once a week.

Awesome.. I love the high frequency.

Post up after a week or so how your liking it 👍
So far I’m really liking it. I had to fight wanting to do more. I knew fatigue would accumulate so I’m glad I didn’t do anything extra.
Unfortunately I hurt my knee a few days ago at work so I’ve laid off the quads.

I’m following it as closely to what was written as possible. I’ll hit failure and take enough breaths to go again, so far it’s been about 1-2 deep breaths to eek another rep or 2.

Im staying pretty pumped. Im really feeling like I can isolate the muscle better with each session. It’s not taking me very long to warm up.

It’s the first time i can remember that I’m leaving the gym and I’m not exhausted and wiped out.
I’m adding reps each time I hit a movement.

I’m sticking to higher reps instead of 7-10. I’m doing an abc rotation with the exercise selection.

I’m making sure I’m pumping the reps like a piston, not slow, not too quick just really controlled up and down and trying to just keep the muscle as flexed as possible throughout each rep.

The sessions are so unbelievably quick like 15-20 minutes if I had to guess

I finally gave it a go with the Phil Hernon half body split today.
So it was
Pulldown
Row
Hammer curls
Leg curls
Abs

To remind you all of the routine, a set of around 12 reps to failure, take a breath, failure, take a breath, another set.
I put the weight down or let the bar go and took a breath before the next go....so a bit more than one breath but no much.
I usually got 2 then 1 rep but got 1 then 1 rep for rows.
The workout was quick and when it was over I felt like it wasn't enough. Until a few minutes later when everything just pumped up and I felt pretty spent. I'm not sure if I'll stick with it but may give it a go for a solid few weeks. Nothing to lose.

I finally gave it a go with the Phil Hernon half body split today.
So it was
Pulldown
Row
Hammer curls
Leg curls
Abs

To remind you all of the routine, a set of around 12 reps to failure, take a breath, failure, take a breath, another set.
I put the weight down or let the bar go and took a breath before the next go....so a bit more than one breath but no much.
I usually got 2 then 1 rep but got 1 then 1 rep for rows.
The workout was quick and when it was over I felt like it wasn't enough. Until a few minutes later when everything just pumped up and I felt pretty spent. I'm not sure if I'll stick with it but may give it a go for a solid few weeks. Nothing to lose.
And how is it going this time, how are your experiences with it so far?

And how is it going this time, how are your experiences with it so far?
It's a quick workout for sure. I'm not sure I enjoy it though.......Just not my style.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear