over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

This will make you think twice before you armwrestle

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Many times when I would go out to a bar guys I met there would ask to arm wrestle me and I would usually do it. Watching this video makes me think I was probably stupid to do it!

just say no to armwrestling, an injury waiting to happen. especially for bodybuilders whose tendons are much weaker than our muscles.

Iain Valliere got a spiral fracture form arm wrestling, which accounts for the large scar on his arm.

Ian Valliere suffered a spiral fracture from arm wrestling; I think he arm wrestled Devon Laratt (who is a legend in the sport)

For some reason it's the go to macho way of competing in a relaxed setting for many guys

"I bet I could take you in arm wrestling"

"I bet your heart would stop if you ran two flights of stairs"

Ian Valliere suffered a spiral fracture from arm wrestling; I think he arm wrestled Devon Laratt (who is a legend in the sport)

For some reason it's the go to macho way of competing in a relaxed setting for many guys

"I bet I could take you in arm wrestling"

"I bet your heart would stop if you ran two flights of stairs"
I think this is outside the Arnold in Columbus Ohio. Regular people get to challenge him. Pretty cool! Two guys do really well.

I've never broken a bone which has given me a pretty huge phobia of it .... I guess there will never be a better thread to ask this in lol, but is it pretty unbearable? What would you relate it to?

Strength men like The Mountain vs pro arm wrestlers!

I’m not huge but I’ve always been really good at arm wrestling for some reason. Even when I was a skinny kid in high school I was beating grown adults and shocking them. Don’t know why I was just always good at it....oh well.

Well a few years ago I was out with my friend and a couple chicks in a college town at an arcade. One of the chicks won some tickets and wanted to trade them in, she wanted something she didn’t have enough tickets for. The guy working was a really big guy and the chick I was with was hot, so naturally he said “if your boyfriend can beat me you can have it”, he had been embarrassing the local college kids for years I came to find out and wanted me next. Well long story short I completely embarrassed him dropped him from the get go, he said only a few people have ever beat him and kept asking what I do, I told him “used to wrestle”....blah blah blah.

Well anyway the point of the story is for the next 3 months my elbow felt like someone hit it with a sledgehammer dead on. Seriously the only overuse injury I’ve ever fucken had and I cursed that guy for 3 months, cursed my girl for being hot, cursed myself for trying to be cool and cursed god for my fucking elbow for 3 months it was horrible non stop dull pain.

So yea, moral of the story is arm wrestling is no fucken joke!!!

Sooo many people ask me to arm wrestle and it starts to get very annoying. I strained my bicep 6 or 7 years ago and couldn't workout arms for over a month. I never made that mistake again. It's funny because "normal people" dont understand why I refuse to arm wrestle.

Devon Larratt on breaking arms. "There can be only one!" Lots of guys can come back from an arm break though. He thinks tearing the tendons and ligaments is sometimes worse than breaking your arm bones. Spiral fractures.

in the first match of the strength athletes vs. Devon Larrat vid, why was the guy flexing after he lost?

At the end of that last video Devon Larratt mentioned XARM and how he kinda likes it! Id never heard of it so looked it up, here is a video showing bouts. The first part of the video shows training. This is a CRAZY sport! WOW!

I think this is outside the Arnold in Columbus Ohio. Regular people get to challenge him. Pretty cool! Two guys do really well.

Those couple guys aren't doing NEARLY as well as they appear too. Only an armwrestler (like myself or those who compete in the sport) can see what is going on here. What is happening is that Devon is allowing those guys to get into their strongest position...and he is attempting to hold them off in his weakest position, often with biceps resistane alone.

In reality, if this were an actual armwrestling match, Devon would slam their arms down onto the table in an instant. None of those guys would even be able to budge his arm. In a real match, not ony would he set up differently and fight for the best grip, but as soon as the ref said go, he would immeditely try to gain position while attacking the opponents hand (pronation, cupping, etc.).

In these "street" matches he is not even attempting to win. If he were, they would stand absolutely ZERO chance. It would be like a child armwrestling a grown man. He wouldn't even have to put forth effort.

Reactions: dj
Those couple guys aren't doing NEARLY as well as they appear too. Only an armwrestler (like myself or those who compete in the sport) can see what is going on here. What is happening is that Devon is allowing those guys to get into their strongest position...and he is attempting to hold them off in his weakest position, often with biceps resistane alone.

In reality, if this were an actual armwrestling match, Devon would slam their arms down onto the table in an instant. None of those guys would even be able to budge his arm. In a real match, not ony would he set up differently and fight for the best grip, but as soon as the ref said go, he would immeditely try to gain position while attacking the opponents hand (pronation, cupping, etc.).

In these "street" matches he is not even attempting to win. If he were, they would stand absolutely ZERO chance. It would be like a child armwrestling a grown man. He wouldn't even have to put forth effort.
Yeah, I got that too. He was surprised though by how well those 2 guys did. I had a friend that competes in arm wrestling and he did the same thing with me, just hold his arm still and see if I could move it. I could barely move it and I'm stronger lifting weights than him and bigger.

I dont arm wrestle much, but a long time ago when I was 27 years old I had a young 16 year old student challenge me. I was much bigger and stronger but he stomped me. Had another guy with spaghetti arms beat me too.

That armwrestler I knew told me about a trick guys can do with their grip, it gives you more leverage somehow. I cant remember how it is done. I'm wondering if those small guys that beat me did that.

Many times when I would go out to a bar guys I met there would ask to arm wrestle me and I would usually do it. Watching this video makes me think I was probably stupid to do it!

I had to quit watching after the third arm popped.

I had to quit watching after the third arm popped.
One guy later on has his ulna snap I think. You can see the broken bone poking out against the skin in his forearm. That one really made me cringe.

Xray here of a numeral fracture suffered from arm wrestling.

arm-wrestle-xray-r.jpg

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Neuro1234
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner