over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Buying stuff for our home gyms

Anyone buy those pull up bars you can attach to your door frame?

Worth it? Or go to the park and use those bars?

I did a banded pull workout yesterday, but having the ability to do pull ups at home would be a bonus

I did a banded pull workout yesterday, but having the ability to do pull ups at home would be a bonus
They taped up the parks where I live. Can't even do that ughh

I have one, use it all the time. I sit around 210lbs and have strapped an extra 90lbs around my waist plenty of times with no issue. I don't have it installed on a door though. If you look at my gym pictures I posted, you'll see I made a mock header for it.

They taped up the parks where I live. Can't even do that ughh

Damn. I'd try sneaking in before dawn when no one is out, but you don't wanna be caught behind the tape doing pull ups lol...better to buy a pull up bar

I have one, use it all the time. I sit around 210lbs and have strapped an extra 90lbs around my waist plenty of times with no issue. I don't have it installed on a door though. If you look at my gym pictures I posted, you'll see I made a mock header for it.

I see that now! Have you tried it on a door? I just don't want to mess up the door frame.

I see that now! Have you tried it on a door? I just don't want to mess up the door frame.

Dude I just got one of bars that hooks on to the door frame and I don’t trust it or my door frame at all but so far it seems to be ok. I guarantee your door frame is a better quality than mine, but you are also probably heavier than me. After a few sessions I’ll probably be ok with it.

I am doing banded pull ups and when I first rigged it up I thought to myself “it’ll be fine - the band will take some of the weight” then immediately realised what an idiot I am.

I have not. I do have some dents in the wood from the horizontal supports from the bar. I would recommend two things, additional padding on the door trim where the bar will rest and making sure the head trim is secure, i would use a couple trim head screws and screw the head trim to the framing and not rely solely on the trim nails. Trim head screws will leave smaller holes that are easier to putty and hide.

but is it muscle atrophy or is it just glycogen and water dropping off from being in a slightly de-trained state? You might be surprised how much a muscle can fluctuate in size based on water/glycogen. If you haven't ever done this, try to go on a mild diuretic (like dandelion) and drop carbs out of your diet...you'll probably lose a lot of size over a week but it won't be muscle atrophy :)

I'm not the biggest dude in the world but I hold a good amount of muscle around 10% bodyfat or less at certain training phases. I compete in actual sports and am not just a gym rat/bodybuilder.

Mental issues are RAMPANT in the bodybuilding community. Body dysmorphic disorder for starters. If you think muscle is truly atrophying after only a couple weeks away from the gym, you need to talk to a therapist/counselor. That's all I will say. I'm not qualified professionally to be able to help at all for that kind of issue.
Actual sports? Come on now man don't go there

Nice, ho much was the rack and then the bench? Im seeing benches for 100, inclines for over 300 on FB and CL.
Bench was 200 I think the rack was 300 something plates were not cheap but I am keeping my gains

You really think your muscles are going to atrophy because you can't max out any lifts for a few months? How old are you? I guess it makes sense if you're 60... lol

If you're 20s-50s then you delusional if you think your muscles are going to atrophy from not lifting as hard as possible for a few months. Muscle is muscle, it ain't going anywhere just stay moderately active and do some resistance training and keep eating and keep on taking TRT. You'll be fine.

Its a little neurotic to think your muscles are going to disappear from a few months not hitting them hard....

Maybe if you've been taking dbol for a year and your 21....but as a man, your muscles have integrated into your "setpoint" - just don't starve yourself of calories or test and start slowly forging a new lower setpoint...

I think it varies from person to person so its hard to judge others. Some put muscle on easy than others and some can hold it better than others.

The body has the use it or lose it principle and adapts to stimulus and reacts to lack of stimulus. In other words, your body is remarkable and will adapt to give you what you need but also will take away what you don't need. If you are not lifting heavy weight, your body will either forget neurologically and/or take away via atrophy its ability because it doesn't deem it necessary any more since it is no longer receiving the stimulus. How long that takes depends on how often the body is used to receiving that stimulus as well as genetic factors.

I think it varies from person to person so its hard to judge others. Some put muscle on easy than others and some can hold it better than others.

The body has the use it or lose it principle and adapts to stimulus and reacts to lack of stimulus. In other words, your body is remarkable and will adapt to give you what you need but also will take away what you don't need. If you are not lifting heavy weight, your body will either forget neurologically and/or take away via atrophy its ability because it doesn't deem it necessary any more since it is no longer receiving the stimulus. How long that takes depends on how often the body is used to receiving that stimulus as well as genetic factors.
Yeah I guess everybody is different! I've gone on long vacations where I've thrown myself physically into a sport very hard (such as surfing). Its impossible on a surf trip where you surf 4-5 hours a day to consume enough calories to maintain your size compared to a more sedentary lifestyle of training once a day and working. So over 1-2 months of surfing every single day, you lose size. But then within 2 weeks of returning home and eating more calories and lifting, I bounce right back and fill right back out. So, I didn't really "lose" any muscle fiber, the muscle just shrunk a bit because it couldn't store as much water/glycogen, etc.

I just sense a lot of fear in people talking about how they are going to lose their gains. Letting fear drive you is never a good thing. You must control your fear.

Wildcat? Kstate wildcat? Born and raised myself, shelter in place starting Sunday despite zero community spread. Craziness. Myself, I'm very self conscious and not really people oriented, so home gym is my life. Get up a 4am 5 days a week to workout in my home gym for last 7 years. If I actually had to go to a gym, I would of quit years ago. My wife and I are looking to build a new home and at least 500 sqft for a new gym is a requirement. My gym now is about 19x12.

Lol.... Yes - wife and I met at K-State. We're both western KS kids. I'm with you on home gym. There are great gyms here in Joco; but I slowly bought equipment over the years and have half of my 3-car garage taken up as a weight room. I now have 3 sons that are getting into lifting so it was worth every penny. Bought a squat rack, 2 Texas power bars, benches and loads of handles, bars, landmine, etc, to cover just about all body parts. Leg day is limited, but I do my squats "meadows style" by warming the hammies up with leg curls and then after squating, do some RDL's, Bulgarian SQ, lunges, etc.... I'm well past competition, so I'm happy - also cheaper than therapy after a bad day to crank some music and lift in isolation. Stay healthy my friend - I my grandfather lives in Hutchinson and called to say there are new cases in Pratt, Harvey Co., etc....

Not going to argue but your wrong. I work with guys in similar situations, 1 competes NPC and everybody is smaller, they all complain about it. It’s noticeable, shirts not as tight etc. Guys are breaking balls with each other “oh your slimming down, on a diet, cutting up?”

not sure why your so adamant about it. I know my body and if other guys are saying the same shit about themselves and you can physically see it, then it’s happening. Your failing to understand that the body doesn’t want or need additional muscle and will get rid of it. That’s why we lift weights guy, come on.

Not sure your size bro, if your one of these 160lb guys then you make sense but big boys are losing size plain and simple
I'm def losing size. I was at 240 prob now 228 in the last 3 weeks with no heavy training.

The Best Barbell Collars

I really miss the gym. But, I have become dedicated to building up a basic, no-BS home gym. I had to get creative because just about everything is sold out. AND, I have a 2-car garage and need to fit BOTH cars in the garage. So my gym needs to be able to stow away into small spaces or occupy areas of the garage not used by the cars or typical garage stuff.

The wooden squat stands are made from leftover 4x4 fencing. I have since replaced them with some metal ones I found on EBAY for $240. The pull up bar was constructed from piping at Lowes. My biggest coup was the clamps you see on the fat (axel) bar. Traditional spring collars don't work on an axel bar. Finding screw down collars is nearly impossible. So, I got creative and got some heavy duty 3" spring clamps at Lowes. They are perfect for my needs. I got a bar dip from Amazon for 70 bucks. I have 300 lbs in weight plates. I have 2x 20 lbs. dumbbells. Borrowed a trap bar from a buddy. I have an Olympic bar too and a small flat bench (EBAY for $75).

I am doing 10 lifts split into 2 days. Day A is: Squats, Hang Cleans, Pull Ups, Fat Bar Bench Press and Fat Bar Curls. Day B is: Hex Bar Deadlifts, Bent Rows, Fat Bar Standing Military Press, Dips, and Walking Lunges. Every workout ends with 3 sets of standing calf raise using a backpack loaded with 75lbs. followed by a 100 yard trek around the block with my bodyweight loaded onto the hex (trap) bar. I do this SIX days per week. A/B/A/B/A/B/A/B/OFF repeat. I brisk walk 2 miles per day 7x per week. This is basic stuff. Basic movements, no BS. I spent less than 1k on all the equipment and it all packs away tightly into my 2-car garage alongside 2 vehicles. I miss the gym, and mostly the people at the gym. But when it comes to training, this is probably more effective than me "majoring in the minors" on isolation machines. IMG_0360.jpg IMG_0354.jpg IMG_0392.jpg IMG_0391.jpg

I for one am not losing size training at home using mostly bands. I have trained for 35 years, the only time I lost muscle was during basic training in the Army, high activity, running, and 3 meals a day contributed mostly to that.
Training at home as long as I keep my intensity high I can do just about any kind of workout and maintain and even put on a little muscle size. Food and hormone levels also contribute to maintaining my muscle, I don't let my hormones tank and I keep my food on the high side (I don't diet).

The virus has depleted every store here. About 6 months ago I was inquiring about home gym equipment here, and I wish I had went thru with it.

Now my goal by the end of 2020 is a squat rack/bench at minimum. I already have dumbbells and standard plates. I just need the big boy stuff.

Ive always wanted to build a home with primo equipment because i train a lot of powerlifting and none of my gyms in the area have specialized equipment, like specialized bars, chains, bands, deadlift jack.

To build a home gym for powerlifting you really dont need all that much stuff, just NICE quality stuff. Most importantly a solid rack and solid bars that are comp spec.

First let me say its been hard to find 45s around here. Ive accumulated around 600lbs throw various sources and got absolutely raped on prices despite constantly searching every single market place available.

I made the huge mistake of not realizing that not all 45s are the same diameter. Per the IPF, 45s are to be 17.88 inches.

I drove way out of my way to get some very nice poly coated 45s only to realize that they are only 16 inches. I sold them all and decided to start over. Play it again opened but would only sell 2 of each kind of 45 they had. All were made by cap. So i bought 2 cast iron, 2 machined grip, and 2 rubber coated. I get them home and unbox them and find each of them are different sizes again. The cast iron came in at just over 16. Fawk me. So i drove way out of my way again and they let me exchange the two cast iron for two more rubber coated ones. These are their highest end plate at $101/pc. Even these arent the same size as the other two rubber cap plates i have.

Im telling you cap makes complete garbage now. Quality has gone downhill soo bad. The cap plates from probably ten years or so ago are solid.

This wouldn't be a huge deal, but when you deadlift a crap ton of plates you kind of want them all to be the same size.

So here's the REAL DOOSY.
I have an outside concrete patio, fully enclosed with sliding glass windows. Great spot for a home gym.

I spend all this time and an absurd amount of money. And realize the concrete patio is caving. Theres a split straight down the middle and the corner is a about two-three inches lower than the middle causing everything to now be on an pretty serious angle. Kind of defeats the purpose of doing all of this. Lol. I'm just really suprised it decided to bucket like that.

From start to finish this has been a serious headache.

Im OCD so this is pretty much warping my brain trying to figure out how to work around it.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws