over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Garage/Home Gyms

You may have to head to Htown to catch one. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one pop up around here.

The only chance I almost had would have been the damaged gyms from hurricanes. Course they’re trying to screw you over! You know how they are down here, they hold out for a padna of theirs or something. Or rake you over the coals on the cost!

Cage
I have a good friend on the Northshore that deals with used equipment but rarely gets peices I want, when he does I jump on it quickly. If you have a certain peice your wanting let me know and I'll get him to keep an eye out, he treats me really good on prices.

I have a good friend on the Northshore that deals with used equipment but rarely gets peices I want, when he does I jump on it quickly. If you have a certain peice your wanting let me know and I'll get him to keep an eye out, he treats me really good on prices.
Good to know!!!! I’ll keep that bit of knowledge in case I’m in need. Thanks!!

Cage

I'm now realizing this board has a disproportionate amount of guys from Louisiana.

I'm not too far from you guys, closer to BR though.

This is the piece of gym equipment I mentioned in one of my long ass
posts in the training thread.

Attachments

• saf-t-gym.jpg
    saf-t-gym.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 26
This is the piece of gym equipment I mentioned in one of my long ass
posts in the training thread.
Dammit, looks like an original multi-gym! Good stuff!!

Cage

Dammit, looks like an original multi-gym! Good stuff!!

Cage

Yes it was. Rick was ahead of his time in design
and affordability. (Look at the prices!) He eventually
went on to build me a custom hack / calf machine.
He was super easy to work with and he lived just a few
miles from my house so I saved a ton ;) on shipping.

If you look carefully at the photo you will see a ex-
Mr. America doing dips. Jimmy was well known for
doing a balancing act and posing at local shows.
He also owned a gym in Healdsburg, CA. where he
let me train for free. And good times my man!

I was gonna fabricate this piece myself, but I needed to get a fairly large piece of diamond plate. So it would have been cost prohibitive for me. So I looked around and found a solid one at EliteFTS. Gonna be a nice addition for added muscle stretch to T-Bar Rows and Belt Squats.

Built solid, nice coating, good weight, and solid construction!

Unfortunately I’ve been down for the count recently with some gnarly bug. I’m over feeling like shit! I’m ready to get back into the swing of things.

Pics below for anyone interested…..

Cage

Attachments

• IMG_6912.jpeg
    IMG_6912.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6913.jpeg
    IMG_6913.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 9
Has anyone made any modifications to their equipment or additions with a 3d laser printer? I wondering how and if these would have any application here, maybe for weight racks etc, but then again mostly everything is steel or metal in the gym

Has anyone made any modifications to their equipment or additions with a 3d laser printer? I wondering how and if these would have any application here, maybe for weight racks etc, but then again mostly everything is steel or metal in the gym
I’ve seen em used to accent equipment. Such as logos, name etching, etc. If it’s something that’s going to be load bearing it needs to be good old steel. I’ve personally never seen anything used for heavy loads. Check out that DIY’r I mentioned in this thread. He’s got a YouTube channel and I believe he did a video with some 3D printer.

If you’re interested get yourself a cheap Chinese welder off of Amazon to start. They’ll do the job. Watch some welding YouTube videos and starting laying down stringer beads on pieces of scrap steel for practice. Thats how you’re gonna learn is seat time welding away. That’s what I did at first.

Then I got better equipment the more I got into welding. The higher priced equipment does give better performance, but a cheap $30-$50 stick welder will do it too!

Cage

I was gonna fabricate this piece myself, but I needed to get a fairly large piece of diamond plate. So it would have been cost prohibitive for me. So I looked around and found a solid one at EliteFTS. Gonna be a nice addition for added muscle stretch to T-Bar Rows and Belt Squats.

Built solid, nice coating, good weight, and solid construction!

Unfortunately I’ve been down for the count recently with some gnarly bug. I’m over feeling like shit! I’m ready to get back into the swing of things.

Pics below for anyone interested…..

Cage
Man if you ever need material for a project just holla. I scrap more material than you can imagine, aluminum,stainless carbon steel. Plate, beams, tubing, angle.

I can drop it off when I'm on that side the lake, the wife loves going eat at Jacques-Imo's

Man if you ever need material for a project just holla. I scrap more material than you can imagine, aluminum,stainless carbon steel. Plate, beams, tubing, angle.

I can drop it off when I'm on that side the lake, the wife loves going eat at Jacques-Imo's
Hell yeah, thanks man!!!!

Cage

PSA ANNOUNCMENT….

Beware of purchasing TruLap adjustable dumbbells. I tried to give my honest review on their website, but since it’s a 1 star review they keep declining it. Their reasoning for declining my review was “awful grammar/spelling”…. Like seriously??? I’d steer clear of this group! I should have spent the $3K on the Pepin’s…. Lesson learned! I just wanted to inform any home gym enthusiasts of this company.

For those looking to purchase the compact adjustable dumbbells beware of TruLap. I purchased a set several months back and had a terrible experience just getting the dumbbells shipped to me.

Once I received them some of the dumbbell’s plates were damaged. I took pictures and told the company representative which plates I needed. This turned into another nightmare. Took 2 separate attempts to get the correct plates sent to me. Took 2.5 months total!!!!!

Should have been enough of a red flag for me to say fuck this and go with another brand, but I pushed onward. Finally got a complete set for the wife to utilize. After about 1.5 months one of the dumbbells wouldn’t function properly. These have been babied since adjustable dumbbells are fragile.

Been currently waiting on a replacement handle since I’m well within the warranty phase. They did ship one so at least they’re honoring their warranty.

Having them decline my review really put a bad taste in my mouth. I just wanted to make others aware that may be looking at this product.

Cage

I’ve got an old school set and a set of powerblocks adjustable to 90lb. I’d say these or ironmaster are my fave adjustables

I’ve got an old school set and a set of powerblocks adjustable to 90lb. I’d say these or ironmaster are my fave adjustables
I have the iron master set myself. I abused the living shit out of those! Having +100lbs on each and dropping them onto concrete from shoulder height. They still worked but after a while you had to play with getting the screw into the handle. Not a huge deal, but it was noticeable, and totally my fault.

So recently I bought new handles/screws, the 165lb upgrade kit, and the added handle weights. But now I use em with the SpotGrips so no more dropping them and abusing them! Lol.

I’ll see how these TruLap DB’s hold up and will update here if I run into more problems. If they break again I’m not even bothering getting the replacement through the warranty. They’ll be in the garbage and I’ll drop the couple stacks off the Pepin adjustable set. The Pepin’s are all steel components w/ zero plastic!!!!

I am really disappointed in how TruLap is handling my review. Just goes to show you really can’t rely on reviews when purchasing items online. Who knows, maybe my handle breaking was a fluke. Time will tell!

This is when I wish I had social media. I could put my review on there for others to share.

Cage

Ironmasters with the big kit are bomb. Even regular pro styles you can't drop after a bit. They get bent and messed. I have old Pro Rexan USA made and milled Powerblock set 5-90 and expansions to 130lbs. I don't use dumbells a ton so all I need and compact space.

PSA ANNOUNCMENT….

Beware of purchasing TruLap adjustable dumbbells. I tried to give my honest review on their website, but since it’s a 1 star review they keep declining it. Their reasoning for declining my review was “awful grammar/spelling”…. Like seriously??? I’d steer clear of this group! I should have spent the $3K on the Pepin’s…. Lesson learned! I just wanted to inform any home gym enthusiasts of this company.

For those looking to purchase the compact adjustable dumbbells beware of TruLap. I purchased a set several months back and had a terrible experience just getting the dumbbells shipped to me.

Once I received them some of the dumbbell’s plates were damaged. I took pictures and told the company representative which plates I needed. This turned into another nightmare. Took 2 separate attempts to get the correct plates sent to me. Took 2.5 months total!!!!!

Should have been enough of a red flag for me to say fuck this and go with another brand, but I pushed onward. Finally got a complete set for the wife to utilize. After about 1.5 months one of the dumbbells wouldn’t function properly. These have been babied since adjustable dumbbells are fragile.

Been currently waiting on a replacement handle since I’m well within the warranty phase. They did ship one so at least they’re honoring their warranty.

Having them decline my review really put a bad taste in my mouth. I just wanted to make others aware that may be looking at this product.

Cage
If you’ve got 3K for dumbbells why not grab Ivanko, I got a slightly used set 5-100 lb with racks for 1500 dollars. I know space is an issue but I’ve got mine in a one car garage area and it works. I never saw the appeal of the changeable dumbbell though I really only saw the square ones up close so maybe it’s my lack of knowing

If you’ve got 3K for dumbbells why not grab Ivanko, I got a slightly used set 5-100 lb with racks for 1500 dollars. I know space is an issue but I’ve got mine in a one car garage area and it works. I never saw the appeal of the changeable dumbbell though I really only saw the square ones up close so maybe it’s my lack of knowing
Simply space for me… I got enough stuff crammed into the space I have for my gym. If I ever get a chance to upgrade to a larger building then I’d invest in typical commercial gym setup.

Cage

Finally swapped out my 97’ old school TDS leg press/hack squat combo. I wanted a slightly smaller footprint, and also a smoother operation. Ended up going with Bodycraft’s F760 Pro series. This machine definitely has a smaller footprint!!! I was really surprised seeing it assembled.

I almost went with the Bolt fitness Renegade, but felt it would be too large. So far I’m diggin the new addition.

Cage

Attachments

• IMG_7090.jpeg
    IMG_7090.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7089.jpeg
    IMG_7089.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7088.jpeg
    IMG_7088.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 24
Finally swapped out my 97’ old school TDS leg press/hack squat combo. I wanted a slightly smaller footprint, and also a smoother operation. Ended up going with Bodycraft’s F760 Pro series. This machine definitely has a smaller footprint!!! I was really surprised seeing it assembled.

I almost went with the Bolt fitness Renegade, but felt it would be too large. So far I’m diggin the new addition.

Cage

Great piece. I've been trying to fit something like this for a while. Would have to relocate cardio stuff and reposition my reverse hyper as even smaller footprint it's a big space requirement. The home gym struggle.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131