over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Torn bicep or partial tear?

hugostiglitz87

Registered
As some of you know I had labrum shoulder sugery back in December. And everything was going good 4th months post op till mid April when I started experiencing clicking and popping in my shoulder fast forward I do mri find out I have bursitis and tendonitis in my shoulder and bicep...

Today this happen I didnt feel anything just notice brusing in my inner bicep. Mild parital shap pain limited range of motion. But have strength no signs of deformity on my bicep.

What do you guys think partial tear or completely torn?

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_140916_525.jpg
    IMG_20200819_140916_525.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 49
Go get an MRI.

Yea sorry just stresses. I called my PC she denied my MRI so ill keep bugging her.

I completely ruptured my bicep and thats what i looked like. You might have a partial tear because you clearly have strength. If the tendon pulled off the bone completely you would know.

Get someone to take better quality time-elapsed pics until you can see the orthopod.

I completely tore the long head of my bicep and it took almost 2 weeks for the swelling to go down to even notice the muscle rolled down.

Yea sorry just stresses. I called my PC she denied my MRI so ill keep bugging her.

Go to an Ortho. Your PC is only seeing this as cosmetic. There may or may not be anything they can do but an Ortho will understand your concern since you lift weights and push for an MRI.

Go to an Ortho. Your PC is only seeing this as cosmetic. There may or may not be anything they can do but an Ortho will understand your concern since you lift weights and push for an MRI.
My ortho also has been treating me he did my labrum sugery on my shoulder earlier this year. He will be pissed if its torn on but ive been having complications since my surgery with my shoulder since so this doesn't surprise me im so disappointed 9 months post recovering slowly but now back to square 1 WHAT a YEAR!

Im sure this is stretch i did were i might of tore my bicep...

Attachments

• 20200820_135146.jpg
    20200820_135146.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 11
Im sure this is stretch i did were i might of tore my bicep...

I would be willing to bet it is all tied in to the pain you have been have since that one day in PT and the labrum repair. It was probably partially torn or damaged to begin with and what you did with the trash was the last straw.

I would be willing to bet it is all tied in to the pain you have been have since that one day in PT and the labrum repair. It was probably partially torn or damaged to begin with and what you did with the trash was the last straw.

Almost 10 months post op man. This is not fun an the pain is chonic. I have invested heavily into my shoulder now with this possible tear. And my shoulder still suffers from bad bursitis 😭

Got the mri.... had to go in person and demand it. Also im starting to think the sarm I've been taking might not be what it claims to be i feel like my estrogen might be tank and this bursitis joint and muscle pain could be a result so I ordered someone blood work will get done tmr and see were my levels are at.

Reactions: Bio
My worst fears come true. Had a MRi done last week. Saw my ortho today. Shoulder and bicep are no good. Need a bicep tenodesis. And he said i have a slap tear he isnt sure how bad till opens me up. Im very sad because he mention in my prior sugery he might need to do a bicep tenodesis with my labrum repairs. So I guess I have to do this surgery hopefully all the pain I've experienced since my last sugery will be corrected. He told me the recovery processes isn't as long for this surgery and pretty much have to get done im young and active so its for the better.

Any other recommendations besides sugery is this the best option?

My worst fears come true. Had a MRi done last week. Saw my ortho today. Shoulder and bicep are no good. Need a bicep tenodesis. And he said i have a slap tear he isnt sure how bad till opens me up. Im very sad because he mention in my prior sugery he might need to do a bicep tenodesis with my labrum repairs. So I guess I have to do this surgery hopefully all the pain I've experienced since my last sugery will be corrected. He told me the recovery processes isn't as long for this surgery and pretty much have to get done im young and active so its for the better.

Any other recommendations besides sugery is this the best option?

Ouch, that sucks; you have already been through enough. If I recall correctly, you were doing therapy when the pain came back and weren't doing stuff outside of therapy that you weren't suppose to. I don't want to just start casting blame, But I believe I mentioned back then that I thought that they had you using too much weight so early. I would look into this further as unless you did something on your own because you were impatient, this shouldn't have occurred. I would also seek a 2nd opinion just to make sure that somebody else who is a top notch surgeon agree with what the best solution is. To be honest a biceps tenodesis is pretty rough from a time of recovery standpoint. Think about it, they are taking the bicep tendon that attaches to the labrum, completely detaching it(if it is attached and) reattaching it to the humerus. Hope it all works out!!

Ouch, that sucks; you have already been through enough. If I recall correctly, you were doing therapy when the pain came back and weren't doing stuff outside of therapy that you weren't suppose to. I don't want to just start casting blame, But I believe I mentioned back then that I thought that they had you using too much weight so early. I would look into this further as unless you did something on your own because you were impatient, this shouldn't have occurred. I would also seek a 2nd opinion just to make sure that somebody else who is a top notch surgeon agree with what the best solution is. To be honest a biceps tenodesis is pretty rough from a time of recovery standpoint. Think about it, they are taking the bicep tendon that attaches to the labrum, completely detaching it(if it is attached and) reattaching it to the humerus. Hope it all works out!!

I have been doing what my physical threapy told me to do after 6 months i started to implement heavier weight with band training i dont know how this happen but. Mri showed a slap tear and he said my bicep is needs to move due to the slap tear and my shoulder needs to be cleaned out. I trust my ortho but he told me recovery time is faster than my labrum repair if the pain goes away man im all for the sugery but i feel like I've tried everything with no success...

I dont want the sugery but I just want the pain to go away it has gotten worse over the summer and he told me everything is running in my shoulder which is the cause of my pain.

Trust me i don't want this my worst fear was more sugery. But he told me my shoulder will get worse if I don't do the sugery.

I've been discipline this year in my recovery very depressing and frustrating but what else am I gonna do. I can't continue with this pain know it will get worse

Here are my mri results from last week. Need bicep tendinosis sugery fersure and some clean up and maybe repair a parital slap tear won't know fersure till gets back in there. The sooner we start this sugery the bettee

Just not sure how i tell my employer worried they might let me go with this being my 2nd shoulder sugery this year.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131