mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nasser possibly biggest guy ever who used small weights?

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Not sure if he always trained like this but my goodness, look at the size of him and look at the baby weights he is pushing.
reminds me of watching flew wheeler workout close to his first retirement.
genetic juice reponders.... wild.

-F

They say that Paul Dillet never really trained heavy... but who knows if it’s true

I guess I wouldnt want to either if I had really bad asthma

They say that Paul Dillet never really trained heavy... but who knows if it’s true

I guess I wouldnt want to either if I had really bad asthma
I have heard that as well about Dillett and also Vince Taylor. I'm pretty sure Nasser was fairly strong though. I think Chad said Nasser would do Bent-Over Rows w/four plates. You never really know what you're watching though. Are they hurt? Is it a light week or something? Is that they always train? I've seen guys who looked like a million bucks and every set of their workout i thought they were just warming up. Never went even remotely heavy, never strained. Some people get everything they need just from supps and maybe food. Personally, i've always enjoyed pushing in the gym but to each his own.

When I met a Nasser he was one of the nicest guys I ever met and down to earth. He was guest posing at a local show and happened to be training at the gym I worked out and the owner had brought him in and had introduced me to him. My luck no one was there and we started talking and I was blown away at his size. He was sitting right at 320 during his stay in town. We hit it off and got invited to hangout with him and got to pick his brain. I had mentioned how I had remembered him competing around the 200lb mark and remarked on his drastic change. He went on to tell me he had realized it was going to take big doses of test and gh and did so for 14 yrs stop. He said this is when things started happening and used a more volume and pumping routine to add the mass. He had nothing to hide and was very frank and honest. I will never forget that, I was blown away when he had passed. To young to leave this earth.

I have heard that as well about Dillett and also Vince Taylor. I'm pretty sure Nasser was fairly strong though. I think Chad said Nasser would do Bent-Over Rows w/four plates. You never really know what you're watching though. Are they hurt? Is it a light week or something? Is that they always train? I've seen guys who looked like a million bucks and every set of their workout i thought they were just warming up. Never went even remotely heavy, never strained. Some people get everything they need just from supps and maybe food. Personally, i've always enjoyed pushing in the gym but to each his own.
This is why the DVD's back in the day were so great. The bodybuilder or their trainer could explain what the focus of their training was and how it varies. With social media and video snippets floating around most if not all of these details have gone to the wayside.
Pretty cool when you find the video in it's entirety for free on YouTube etc, but still there was more appreciation for purchasing a book or DVD and getting through the entire thing absorbing as much as possible.

One of the most underrated guys and as much of a Dorian fan as I am, there were times when Nasser beat him, handily

This comment is not relevant nor answers the question in OP's thread

I know he behind the neck pressed 315 for reps, I have a flex magazine from 2002 with him doing behind the neck barbell with 365 lbs

I know he behind the neck pressed 315 for reps, I have a flex magazine from 2002 with him doing behind the neck barbell with 365 lbs

Still shots from the mags are questionable. After the JP Fux squat injury I heard a rumour that fake plates were mandatory for photoshoots so something like that never happened again. I'm not saying it's true and I'm not saying that the guys aren't capable of the strength we see. Many photographers are capturing actual workouts, but you can sometimes tell if that's the case or if it was a staged photoshoot. Like the Yates/Francois one.

Nasser could likely do that though. Type 'Nasser chest' in YouTube and there's footage of four plate inclines like anyone else at that level.

Not sure if he always trained like this but my goodness, look at the size of him and look at the baby weights he is pushing.
reminds me of watching flew wheeler workout close to his first retirement.
genetic juice reponders.... wild.

-F
Well the Brad Schoenfeld studies showed that weight lifted didn't matter, as long as you pushed your body equally hard using the lighter weight (more reps).

ALWAYS have been a huge Nasser fan. He and Dorian had that thiiiick front to back look that I have always thought looked the best.
Like some have mentioned, I'm a big Dorian fan but Nasser got fucked over a few times.

As far as lifting goes, they don't show too much of his actual workouts. There's a clip of him doing lying leg curls with what looks like the whole stack, but the compound stuff he's obviously just repping it out because he's gasping for air the entire video LOL.
Looks like he's dieting down. And it really depends on what "big weights" are. I don't think he just sticks to 95lb DB bench the entire time. I'm Sure he pushes it. This video doesn't make me think, "oh damn, he was weak." It makes me think, "yeah, some of the 90's BBers reallllly really valued the pump and high rep stuff" much more than i do now. This really looks like no ego lifting.

EDIT - look at the description of the video on YouTube. This is 4 weeks out of the Olympia.

ALWAYS have been a huge Nasser fan. He and Dorian had that thiiiick front to back look that I have always thought looked the best.
Like some have mentioned, I'm a big Dorian fan but Nasser got fucked over a few times.

As far as lifting goes, they don't show too much of his actual workouts. There's a clip of him doing lying leg curls with what looks like the whole stack, but the compound stuff he's obviously just repping it out because he's gasping for air the entire video LOL.
Looks like he's dieting down. And it really depends on what "big weights" are. I don't think he just sticks to 95lb DB bench the entire time. I'm Sure he pushes it. This video doesn't make me think, "oh damn, he was weak." It makes me think, "yeah, some of the 90's BBers reallllly really valued the pump and high rep stuff" much more than i do now. This really looks like no ego lifting.

EDIT - look at the description of the video on YouTube. This is 4 weeks out of the Olympia.

Exactly.

There was a video of him on YouTube that I saw a few years ago(I searched for it but couldn't find it, maybe someone else can) where Nasser was doing DB shoulder press with some very large dumbells. I think it was 180s or somthing like crazy like that.

If a bodybuilder trains 5 days a week for 20 years, thats 5400 workouts. Now how many of these are filmed? Maybe a few dozen at most.

always seen him walking the Pacific/Mission Beach boardwalk back in the day.
always took the time to talk.. nice guy.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jakestan2001
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws