over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For those who do DC training

I trained in a style similar to DC or maybe more top and back offset for basically my whole life and I had permanent problems with tendonitis in my knees and elbows - when I switched to high volume this problem disappeared completely

What is the lowest rep range you use?

I recently went back to DC. DC helped me when I was younger really add some thick slabs of muscle. The only problem I have now is waiting for equipment. When you do switch exercises after waiting do you just log down Machine available

Do you go back to the original exercise the next time around after waiting too long for equipment? I'm having the same issue sometimes a machine is being used I need and don't want to wait.
I have a few alt movements that I plan to rotate in when it's time (loose the exercise or equipment due to not progressing) I'll log it instead if need be.

I recently went back to DC. DC helped me when I was younger really add some thick slabs of muscle. The only problem I have now is waiting for equipment. When you do switch exercises after waiting do you just log down Machine available

Do you go back to the original exercise the next time around after waiting too long for equipment? I'm having the same issue sometimes a machine is being used I need and don't want to wait.
I used to be all OCD before and refuse to switch and sit and wait. That killed the training vibe and wasn't worth the frustration. Now I have an alternate I do or something I might want to try in the future and I'll go back to the original next time.

Tomorrow I have smith JM press for tris. Last time it was taken and I did dips. I'll shoot for JM press and to beat my last numbers but if it's taken for a while I'll just go for the dips and try to beat those.

Seems like a lot of people have great experiences packing on with DC but it isn't as in vogue anymore.

Nowadays everyone wants to do the scientifically "optimal" stuff and has forgotten to just train fucking hard.

Ronnie, Branch, JP, Dusty, Johnnie, etc did worry about "optimal" and just pushed the big movements with big weight. It's like everyone is looking for Paul Carter and PubMed to tell them it's ok not to train hard and heavy.

Seems like a lot of people have great experiences packing on with DC but it isn't as in vogue anymore.

Nowadays everyone wants to do the scientifically "optimal" stuff and has forgotten to just train fucking hard.

Ronnie, Branch, JP, Dusty, Johnnie, etc did worry about "optimal" and just pushed the big movements with big weight. It's like everyone is looking for Paul Carter and PubMed to tell them it's ok not to train hard and heavy.
If you progress in strength you'll get bigger. Rest pause is still one of the fastest way to increase strength. Still "science"

If you progress in strength you'll get bigger. Rest pause is still one of the fastest way to increase strength. Still "science"
Agreed. Though even JP straight sets almost everything anymore. But I think moving the weight he does CNS recovery and safety is part of it.

But it's hard and no one wants to do the hard stuff it seems. And I'm talking the average gym goer or even local "bodybuilder" not people on here. Seems they'd rather convince themselves RIR is "optimal" because it keeps them from having to do the hard shit.

Anyway, not to derail the thread.

Agreed. Though even JP straight sets almost everything anymore. But I think moving the weight he does CNS recovery and safety is part of it.

But it's hard and no one wants to do the hard stuff it seems. And I'm talking the average gym goer or even local "bodybuilder" not people on here. Seems they'd rather convince themselves RIR is "optimal" because it keeps them from having to do the hard shit.

Anyway, not to derail the thread.

The problem with RIR and the masses is actually hitting correct RPEs.

I assure you, 16 sets of legs at a true 1 RIR is fucking brutal. Or you did it wrong.

The problem with RIR and the masses is actually hitting correct RPEs.

I assure you, 16 sets of legs at a true 1 RIR is fucking brutal. Or you did it wrong.
How can one even do 16 sets all to 1 RIR w out dropping the weight?

If my 10 rep squat max is 400 and how many sets can you conceivably do 400x9 for?? 2? 3? And surely one of those is not going to be 1RIR anymore.

If my 10 rep squat max is 400 and how many sets can you conceivably do 400x9 for?? 2? 3? And surely one of those is not going to be 1RIR anymore.
I don't use the rir or rpe scale (lol) never will...makes too much sense to me to keep things simple and hit failure and use less sets...but I think the way its designed is to count..or attempt to guess how many reps react set is from failure. Has nothing to do with the previous set.

Huh? You can do 100 sets of RIr 1 if your mental fortitude is of jocko or Goggins. The rep count or weight has nothing to do with RPE/RIR

If your doing 4 sets of squats with an RIR of 1….and say you want to use the rep range of 10ish (like you laid out).

You did 400lbs for 9 reps (you could have got 10)…..RIR 1.

Set 2….you do 400lbs for 7….(you could have got 8) RIR 1

Set 3…400x5 RIR 1

Set 4….yes if you want to stay in the 10 rep range you can drop to 365lbs to get 6-7 reps RIR 1

Also, RIR 1 is not usually programmed for all sets, and it sure as hell isn’t programmed for a barbell back squat for sets across

I sort of disagree. I think the reason it fell out of fashion is reflected in this exact thread; sustainability, injury, fatigue etc.

Just because you implement more volume doesn’t mean the intensity has to go down. Mountain dog training, milos, etc incorporate lots of volume with plenty of intensity.

I sort of disagree. I think the reason it fell out of fashion is reflected in this exact thread; sustainability, injury, fatigue etc.

Just because you implement more volume doesn’t mean the intensity has to go down. Mountain dog training, milos, etc incorporate lots of volume with plenty of intensity.
And those programs will fatigue your CNS also. John has deloads pre programmed in at six week marks for some of them.

How does fatigue or injure someone more than any other program if they are using higher reps and not compromising form just to beat the logbook?

I enjoy both and don't think one is better than the other but I do think one is misused more than the other.

How does fatigue or injure someone more than any other program if they are using higher reps and not compromising form just to beat the logbook?
CNS fatigue I 100% both will eventually take a toll and you’ll need to take a step back.

As far as injury, I do believe the “logbook” approach tends to lead to more injury as people end of chasing a specific weight, and will do anything to achieve it. I agree, it’s more a “misuse” than something inherently in the program, but it’s just the reality that unfortunately injury does end up happening more with DC/JP style training followers than those who follow a higher volume approach (at least among those I’ve met).

When I did DC I never did it in the higher rep range, definitely a good approach in my opinion and way less risk with the approach that way.

Usually everything is between 5-10, but you know, when I was younger, my ego ruled me and I often went for 2-3 just to test myself.

Now almost never go under 8 usually 20-15
I think that is the sweet spot. 15 to 20 reps ans doing one 8 rep set after a few sets.
I rremember doing DC about 2 years ago and started fatiguing my body.

When I did 3 sets of 15 to 20 and one 8 rep, my body felt so much better. After so many years, your body gets beat doing extremely heavy weights.

I think that is the sweet spot. 15 to 20 reps ans doing one 8 rep set after a few sets.
I rremember doing DC about 2 years ago and started fatiguing my body.

When I did 3 sets of 15 to 20 and one 8 rep, my body felt so much better. After so many years, your body gets beat doing extremely heavy weights.
Couldn’t agree more. I find that higher rep range gives me a better chance/ability to connect with my target muscle as well, and I get more out of those sets.

Training programs are funny. They all work, especially if it's your favorite one, you'll put 110% effort into it.
Ive been basically doing he same split for 45 years. I change it up a bit w/ different exercises or maximizers.
I enjoy the programs I write the most, as they are geared to my training enjoyment. I hate the term "bro split".
Sounds like something new that a Social-Media noob labeled. I see people say "PPL > Bro Split".

Then they show their routine: Push = Chest, Tris, Delts | Pull = Back, Bi's | Legs = Legs
So if my split is: Chest/Tris, Back/Bi's, Legs/Delts yours is much better just because delts are moved to push day??
Very little difference.
I tried D.C., was not for me, I always go back to my own program. Its the one I enjoy most and put max effort into...
Love how Dante always thinks outside the box though, his info is gold...

Training programs are funny. They all work, especially if it's your favorite one, you'll put 110% effort into it.
Ive been basically doing he same split for 45 years. I change it up a bit w/ different exercises or maximizers.
I enjoy the programs I write the most, as they are geared to my training enjoyment. I hate the term "bro split".
Sounds like something new that a Social-Media noob labeled. I see people say "PPL > Bro Split".

Then they show their routine: Push = Chest, Tris, Delts | Pull = Back, Bi's | Legs = Legs
So if my split is: Chest/Tris, Back/Bi's, Legs/Delts yours is much better just because delts are moved to push day??
Very little difference.
I tried D.C., was not for me, I always go back to my own program. Its the one I enjoy most and put max effort into...
Love how Dante always thinks outside the box though, his info is gold...
First line sums it up perfectly and what most people don't want to hear because it's not the secret optimal program.

"They all work, especially if it's your favorite one, you'll put 110% effort into it."

I love DC and even though it fucks me up, I need to do it because its the only training style I put that 110% into.

My best progression was with a DC 3 way split done twice a week with gh slin and trestolone on a test npp Masterson base
A few months of beating the logbook on most heavy lift..
Like 5 years ago, gaining about 10 pounds of muscles (dexa after dieting down)
Then my joints were screaming

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner