mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All things insulin- my take, opinion and experience.

I thought that was your experience?

Then you started with the bullshit of lantus makin you insulin resistance and max 40iu and diabetes type 3?

Stick to your experience bro and leave your opinion out of it.. I disagree 💯
1. If you’re going to address someone you should at least quote the post.

2. Second you should read the whole thread and it’s title-

All things insulin- my take, “opinion” and experience.​

3. There’s another thread rolling on here with guys who have become diabetics pushing insulin and food too hard. You should actually read that too. Just a thought.

4. My thread is loaded with studies and the things I’ve shared isn’t just my experience, opinion, what works for me (as I’ve stated), but also what the top coaches do and use.

5. This is the most important one- go start your own damn thread on insulin and stay the fuck off mine if you can’t read. 🤣

Now think about how to best maximize your training window. How can you fully load the muscle (15-30 min after pinning) and have a window that peaks 1.5-3 hours after injecting (during the workout).Then pre-workout hit with Humalog and have your intra carbs with some other items in your intra shake.

Sounds like a pretty good way to load the muscle and maximize the workout window to me. 🤷‍♂️
May have to try this, esp on certain days. Only have access to novolin r , and r peaks in about forty five minutes after injection. Glad you're getting full anabolic actions from insulin protocol. I've taken r ala with a meal , to lower insulin, bg levels.

Do you think insulin, and all those carbs effect cholesterol ? You're still quite young, in thirties right, so how has cholesterol been ?

What do you think the biggest factor in maintaining insulin sensitivity is? I'm thinking it's mostly to do with caloric intake. I'm slowly trying to put a bit of weight back on. Coming down from 280 to being around 240 now I feel extremely small. Protein is set at 350 daily, fats at 60 and Ive been playing with carb intake lately. I feel extremely full, high energy and good strength when I'm hitting 900-1000C daily, however blood sugars 2 hours post meal are up around 10-13nmol

I drop carbs to around 600-700 and I start losing weight rapidly, but sugars are fantastic, 4.5-6nmol 2 hours post meal. Last time I did a 4 day stint of this I lost 1.5-2lbs per day every day. And I'm really trying not to lose weight right now

So I don't really know what my options are. Insulin use is already quite high so don't want to increase that, excessive protein was probably reason for my fucked up guts/midsection recently..and added fats don't really do much for me but slow everything down.

Any thoughts?

What do you think the biggest factor in maintaining insulin sensitivity is? I'm thinking it's mostly to do with caloric intake. I'm slowly trying to put a bit of weight back on. Coming down from 280 to being around 240 now I feel extremely small. Protein is set at 350 daily, fats at 60 and Ive been playing with carb intake lately. I feel extremely full, high energy and good strength when I'm hitting 900-1000C daily, however blood sugars 2 hours post meal are up around 10-13nmol

I drop carbs to around 600-700 and I start losing weight rapidly, but sugars are fantastic, 4.5-6nmol 2 hours post meal. Last time I did a 4 day stint of this I lost 1.5-2lbs per day every day. And I'm really trying not to lose weight right now

So I don't really know what my options are. Insulin use is already quite high so don't want to increase that, excessive protein was probably reason for my fucked up guts/midsection recently..and added fats don't really do much for me but slow everything down.

Any thoughts?

Fucking Christ dude, 1000g of carbs??? You must be massive. That's 4k calories in carbs alone. Im guessing there is about 400-500g of protein in there as well.

Idk if you are spending more money on food or new toilets 🚽 every couple months.

Fucking Christ dude, 1000g of carbs??? You must be massive. That's 4k calories in carbs alone. Im guessing there is about 400-500g of protein in there as well.

Idk if you are spending more money on food or new toilets 🚽 every couple months.
No one seems to read any of my posts properly. Protein and fat intake is included in the post. 350P, 60F. That's how a lot of top coaches run diets in my country. Protein is roughly 2-3g/kg, fats are 0.5-0.8g/kg and carbs fill up rest of the intake. Our top super heavies in the 125-140kg range all push 1000-1400c peak off season

Any thoughts?
Why arn't you trying to lose weight? What is your body fat estimate? Better yet, if you can get a picture, that'd be better. Lean enough where your face shows its cuts. On paper 10-12 %, and most of all keeping that gut and midsection down. For most guys, the leaner the better. Do you plan to compete anytime soon ?

Ive taken in 400 protein daily when I was natural, with 400 carbs and 100 gs fat. 2008, and had gas galore, working stocking shelves, at the time, Would weigh between 225-235 then. Have taken in that much plus while competition prep in 2012. After all these years of counting and such, Im thinking I didnt need 50-70 grams protein per meal, and even 30 grams protein and 2.5-5 grams luecine, esp intra and post resistance exercise meals.

I used to count P C and F everyday for fifteen years and stopped. I do think when taking in a certain amount of carbs the excess protein isn't necessary, and can cause one to gain too much body fat. Of course carbs are muscle sparing so why not cut back on protein and carbs, 700 carbs is still extremely high, and if it causes blood sugar levels to be fantasic, then I say cut back, on the protein grams , and carb grams. Fats are meant to cause one to feel satiated, so best used when you don't use carbs, for me , currently, it may be meal two and, or three of the day at work, and the meal before bed.

Why arn't you trying to lose weight? What is your body fat estimate? Better yet, if you can get a picture, that'd be better. Lean enough where your face shows its cuts. On paper 10-12 %, and most of all keeping that gut and midsection down. For most guys, the leaner the better. Do you plan to compete anytime soon ?

Ive taken in 400 protein daily when I was natural, with 400 carbs and 100 gs fat. 2008, and had gas galore, working stocking shelves, at the time, Would weigh between 225-235 then. Have taken in that much plus while competition prep in 2012. After all these years of counting and such, Im thinking I didnt need 50-70 grams protein per meal, and even 30 grams protein and 2.5-5 grams luecine, esp intra and post resistance exercise meals.

I used to count P C and F everyday for fifteen years and stopped. I do think when taking in a certain amount of carbs the excess protein isn't necessary, and can cause one to gain too much body fat. Of course carbs are muscle sparing so why not cut back on protein and carbs, 700 carbs is still extremely high, and if it causes blood sugar levels to be fantasic, then I say cut back, on the protein grams , and carb grams. Fats are meant to cause one to feel satiated, so best used when you don't use carbs, for me , currently, it may be meal two and, or three of the day at work, and the meal before bed.

I’d recommend looking into his user before trying to give more advice

I’d recommend looking into his user before trying to give more advice
I just checked the post competition pictures about stomach distention. To me , on them two pictures, the gut distention doesn't look distended. Abs are deep and separated still. Moreover, maybe just too much food volume at the time, and too much protein with those massive amounts of carbohydrates.

May have to try this, esp on certain days. Only have access to novolin r , and r peaks in about forty five minutes after injection. Glad you're getting full anabolic actions from insulin protocol. I've taken r ala with a meal , to lower insulin, bg levels.

Do you think insulin, and all those carbs effect cholesterol ? You're still quite young, in thirties right, so how has cholesterol been ?
Novolin R will work just fine, but send me a PM as there are several sponsors on here with Humalog. I prefer it in pre and post settings. Again Novololin R will work.

I’m 35 in February and was just at the my cardiologist yesterday and have blood work and lipids done consistently. No meds and my lipids stay perfect. LDL stays around 45-55 tops even when I am in prep.

Again, this is because of my diet and how I structure my insulin and carbs, which is only on high days, two days a week. Along with all the krill oil I take and Italian citrus bergamot.

Don’t lose the forest in the trees with all this. Meaning read my full thread again on where I suggest most guys start and amounts.

So I don't really know what my options are. Insulin use is already quite high so don't want to increase that, excessive protein was probably reason for my fucked up guts/midsection recently..and added fats and don't really do much for me but slow everything down.

Any thoughts?
I’ve read your full thread and know the situation. I don’t mean this in a disrespectful way, but you used insulin to abuse food. Way too much insulin and food. I get why you did it as we all push the limits of this sport, but there were and are smarter ways.

As I commented in your other thread- you need to focus on maximizing gut health and digestion. If you scroll back a few pages I outlined a daily protocol I’d suggest using on that. IMO protein wasn’t your problem- 1.5-2g per pound is ideal for bodybuilders on gear such as you at that level.

Fix the digestion and gut, get the protein up, cycle your calories, adjust the gear first, HGH second, but be mindful of your situation so would stay at 4-6 units for now. And only use Humalog around workout windows if possible as you work out of type 2 diabetes. Humalog will not be beneficial knowing your goal IMO here.

Keep cardio in 5 days a week and 10am steps per day. Avoid Saturated fats and stick to oils and omega 3’s and use GDA’s.

I could keep going but in your other thread you said you didn’t have or want a protocol so don’t want to waste anyone’s time.

But for the record- based on your pics I like your look at 240 much better than 280. Just my opinion. 😎

Are you guy injecting humalog with your pre work out meal 60-90 minutes before the gym or right when you get to the gym ?

Are you guy injecting humalog with your pre work out meal 60-90 minutes before the gym or right when you get to the gym ?
Some days both. Read the whole thread man. It’s all covered and in detail. 😊

I’ve read your full thread and know the situation. I don’t mean this in a disrespectful way, but you used insulin to abuse food. Way too much insulin and food. I get why you did it as we all push the limits of this sport, but there were and are smarter ways.

As I commented in your other thread- you need to focus on maximizing gut health and digestion. If you scroll back a few pages I outlined a daily protocol I’d suggest using on that. IMO protein wasn’t your problem- 1.5-2g per pound is ideal for bodybuilders on gear such as you at that level.

Fix the digestion and gut, get the protein up, cycle your calories, adjust the gear first, HGH second, but be mindful of your situation so would stay at 4-6 units for now. And only use Humalog around workout windows if possible as you work out of type 2 diabetes. Humalog will not be beneficial knowing your goal IMO here.

Keep cardio in 5 days a week and 10am steps per day. Avoid Saturated fats and stick to oils and omega 3’s and use GDA’s.

I could keep going but in your other thread you said you didn’t have or want a protocol so don’t want to waste anyone’s time.

But for the record- based on your pics I like your look at 240 much better than 280. Just my opinion. 😎
How do you feel glutamine helps with digestion ? If you stop glutamine how do you feel ?
I picked up a bag of glutamine powder based on your recommendation.
Do experience any nausea or any other sides taking that 10g on empty stomach.
I may add that 10g to my morning creatine and sugar free amino drink.

When you say 1.5-2g protein per pound, do you mean LBM or pounds, period? If someone is for example, I 200 lbs and 20% bf, it would make no sense to "feed the fat", correct?

When you say 1.5-2g protein per pound, do you mean LBM or pounds, period? If someone is for example, I 200 lbs and 20% bf, it would make no sense to "feed the fat", correct?
I know you’re not asking me but just my experience for what it’s worth

I always used to base it off total bodyweight but for the past 9 months or so (period I started bodybuilding) it’s definitely been more like 1.2g-1.5g Per LBM lb or 1g per lb of total bodyweight which has allowed me to have more of my remaining calories from carbs and seems to of worked alright

I think a lot is personal preference though some prefer super high protein but there is definitely a point where more isn’t better when the amount we actually use is substantially lower than we consume

Also if you’re pushing calories high protein can be more filling

Again my experience/readings not actual first hand science

@skylarr123 is right. When I give that range I am basing it off of a lean competitive bodybuilder on gear. If you’re 20% BF then I’d shoot for around 1.5g as he said.

In a dieting stage we are trying to preserve as much lean body mass as possible. This is the time more than ever to keep protein high IMO and experience. You could get more exact if you know your true LBM and do 2g/lb as you said, but it’s way overkill IMO and not necessary.

Everyone on here knows I’m not a fan of the DEXA. I only trust two things and in this order- the mirror and the scale. Nobody hands out trophies for DEXA scans on stage. Lol

Ps. You gotta hire a coach or start new threads. This one is all things insulin. Not nutrition 101. Not hating. Just trying to help you navigate this place better as you have a LOT of basic questions.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws