mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All things insulin- my take, opinion and experience.

When you say 1.5-2g protein per pound, do you mean LBM or pounds, period? If someone is for example, I 200 lbs and 20% bf, it would make no sense to "feed the fat", correct?
Read this thread and @Big A comments. There’s so much info on this forum that guys are just not searching for.

Use the search function. Every “secret” is on this forum.

My post wasn’t directed at you. I totally missed your post- my phone is hit or miss with notifications on here.

Actually a good question even though it’s not insulin related. It’s not talked about much on here from what I can recall.

It takes a lot of glutamine to move the needle in terms of gut repair- 30-40g. It’s also not an overnight fix. But in layman’s terms it rebuilds the intestinal lining to heal the gut. If you stick with it you will have a completely different digestive system in my experience.

It doesn’t bloat you (the opposite) and are no downsides that I’m aware of or have ever found and it’s essentially tasteless.

To keep it simple I’ve now began doing 15g AM with my 20oz of water/aloe and electrolytes. First thing I drink.

Take 5g in my intra mix and another 5g in my post shake. The remaining 15g I take prior to bed with my sleep items in 8oz water.

Don’t over complicate it. Just hit 30-40g a day however it’s easiest for you as it’s the amount that matters.

There’s endless studies on it as you’ll find.

Now back to insulin. 😊

My post wasn’t directed at you. I totally missed your post- my phone is hit or miss with notifications on here.

Actually a good question even though it’s not insulin related. It’s not talked about much on here from what I can recall.

It takes a lot of glutamine to move the needle in terms of gut repair- 30-40g. It’s also not an overnight fix. But in layman’s terms it rebuilds the intestinal lining to heal the gut. If you stick with it you will have a completely different digestive system in my experience.

It doesn’t bloat you (the opposite) and are no downsides that I’m aware of or have ever found and it’s essentially tasteless.

To keep it simple I’ve now began doing 15g AM with my 20oz of water/aloe and electrolytes. First thing I drink.

Take 5g in my intra mix and another 5g in my post shake. The remaining 15g I take prior to bed with my sleep items in 8oz water.

Don’t over complicate it. Just hit 30-40g a day however it’s easiest for you as it’s the amount that matters.

Now back to insulin. 😊
I didn't take your posts as directed as me. But the point still stands. It took me 3mins to hit search, enter keyword, filter for the interesting results, and had my answer.
All without waiting to be spoon fed(not directed at anyone).
Good stuff still. I've been able to apply all these things during my 'intense' cardio experiment.
From increasing whole food protein. Clean carbs, and adding in 2.5iu slin post.
I've been able to hit these 2+ hr long cardio sessions almost every day. Being able to recover and not feeling that much CNS taxation taxation.

Maybe I’ve missed it… But should I be planning to take an extended period of time (~4 weeks) off insulin during my bulk? Using humalog 10iu pre and post 4-5x per week. Also using gh. I have a glucose monitor as well to monitor fasting bg

Maybe I’ve missed it… But should I be planning to take an extended period of time (~4 weeks) off insulin during my bulk? Using humalog 10iu pre and post 4-5x per week. Also using gh. I have a glucose monitor as well to monitor fasting bg
From my understanding it’s not a set in stone thing that you must I believe there’s some guys that run it for many months at a time

It’s been asked and answered in the thread. I’ll clarify as there’s three trains of thought I’ve seen:

1. Cycle 8-10 weeks on and 4-8 weeks off. This was what Meadow’s used to advocate.

2. Use insulin based on your goal and in accordance to BG (blood glucose) and A1C levels.

3. Use insulin year round no matter the cost: max out carbs and insulin, implement GDA’s, Jardiance, metformin, and increase or add lantus to continue pushing up body weight and carbs.

As you can see I put them in level of experience and goal IMO. The second is where most land. The the first is where anyone should start IMO as outlined on page one of the thread.

The third is for guys chasing or who have a pro card IMO. Yes guys who don’t compete can and do use it the same. Just wouldn’t be my suggestion long term unless you’re trying to hit a new ceiling and have ALL other factors down- especially diet and cardio.

There are other ways and opinions but IMO this covers most. Just don’t use insulin to abuse food or eat shit while running it and you’ll be fine in most cases.

It’s been asked and answered in the thread. I’ll clarify as there’s three trains of thought I’ve seen:

1. Cycle 8-10 weeks on and 4-8 weeks off. This was what Meadow’s used to advocate.

2. Use insulin based on your goal and in accordance to BG (blood glucose) and A1C levels.

3. Use insulin year round no matter the cost: max out carbs and insulin, implement GDA’s, Jardiance, metformin, and increase or add lantus to continue pushing up body weight and carbs.

As you can see I put them in level of experience and goal IMO. The second is where most land. The the first is where anyone should start IMO as outlined on page one of the thread.

The third is for guys chasing or who have a pro card IMO. Yes guys who don’t compete can and do use it the same. Just wouldn’t be my suggestion long term unless you’re trying to hit a new ceiling and have ALL other factors down- especially diet and cardio.

There are other ways and opinions but IMO this covers most. Just don’t use insulin to abuse food or eat shit while running it and you’ll be fine in most cases.
much appreciated

Do you coach ?

many doctors prescribe diuretics as part of the treatment for hypertension - I have been using 1.5 mg of indapamide for 10 years together with telmisartan and bisoprol and this is a combination recommended by my doctor so if you know what you are doing there is nothing wrong with it, quite the contrary
Do you think this combination is the reason you never have high hemoglobin/ hemocrit ? I've telmisartan, along with nattokinase and enalapril ordered. Wud enalapril and telmisartan together be overkill?

these people should be begging you to tell them what you do, how you train, how you supplement, your gear protocol, and if it's "nothing special" then that's even more laughter for me
To the newer guys when the OG’s on here tell you that you’re missing the bigger picture they’re telling the truth other than training really damn hard I never followed any set diet or drug schedule up until this year which im
Not recommending at all but I’m saying is worrying about the 1% of the puzzle means nothing without the 99% first

Pic for reference of my 30 weeks of bodybuilding
Real talk haha, I'm gonna take b-boy's rhetorical comment seriously. @skylarr123 How important do you think your powerlifting or even having a solid strength base before bodybuilding is?

Also, so I'm not derailing this thing @bbxtreme I sent you a PM, I wish I saw this thread earlier. I was making hella progress from September to November, but once that insulin resistance, or whatever the fuck, hit man we started using lantus to keep me afloat and I felt I started regressing and I started losing lines in my midsection.

Real talk haha, I'm gonna take b-boy's rhetorical comment seriously. @skylarr123 How important do you think your powerlifting or even having a solid strength base before bodybuilding is?

Also, so I'm not derailing this thing @bbxtreme I sent you a PM, I wish I saw this thread earlier. I was making hella progress from September to November, but once that insulin resistance, or whatever the fuck, hit man we started using lantus to keep me afloat and I felt I started regressing and I started losing lines in my midsection.
Hmm good question I would say a solid strength base in a bodybuilding rep range very beneficial. Powerlifting specifically probably not all that beneficial. Risk to reward is definitely not worth it. Plenty of high level powerlifters aren’t overly muscular as realistically you work the lifts not the muscle in fact you try and minimise muscle involvement to a large degree (speed, explosiveness etc)

Do you think this combination is the reason you never have high hemoglobin/ hemocrit ? I've telmisartan, along with nattokinase and enalapril ordered. Wud enalapril and telmisartan together be overkill?
What does this have to do with insulin? Lol

Sent you a DM back. This is exactly why I started this thread. To save others from having to go through my mistakes and experiences.

Now back to insulin. 😊

Check out alanyl-glutamine. There are some studies. It might be more stable or accessible to intestinal cells or something.

In my opinion - if you use lantus as I recommend, i.e. 1 maximum 2 days a week on high carbohydrate days, always give the entire dose of AM on a given day. Because in this case we do not use lantus for glycemic control but to maximize anabolism and IGF, etc. so we want a window during the day in which we consume enormous amounts of carbohydrates

However, if I were using Lantus to help control glycemia, I would use a small dose at night
If you are only using lantus 2 days a week before bed are you not using insulin the other 5 days at all or do you use something else those days?

If you are only using lantus 2 days a week before bed are you not using insulin the other 5 days at all or do you use something else those days?
I have described how I use insulin dozens of times - just check out my forum posts

sorry, but I don't want to write the same thing 50 times

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity