over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Roger Clemens

BOOMSHAKER

Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Did anyone happen to catch the Q&A he did last night? Ans if you did what are your thoughts?

Personaly I think that taped(phoned) conversation he put out there to try and clear his name did absolutely nothing to clear his name. Never once did anyone ever mention the fact that he was innocent. The guy on the phone with Roger asked him repeatedly "what do you want me to do? what do you want me to say"? And Roger never once came out said point plank "tell them I never used steroids"! And so the whole taped conversation was 100% useless and makes him look more guilty then ever. (just my .02)

It was like Roger was speaking in codes. He never once mentioned anything, just talked in circles. I kept waiting for him to say "dammit, why did you say that about me?" Or that he didn't take anything, but he never did. I think it will do him more harm than good....

I heard he wants to sue his trainer now. He certainly has the money to do so but a case like that is almost impossible to prove with no real hard evidence against him. It is like a he said she said case. The same if his trainer wanted to sue Clemens. Clemens is a fool to pursue this. Why would he tell the truth about Petitt and lye about Clemens? Makes no sense.

I think its BS and who really cares if he didnt or didnt. Is this congress business?

Yeah they should make AAS legal so we wouldn't be having these conversations.:D

He should admit he did it just like Jason Giambi did. For Giambi, problem solved! It's only gonna get worse from here. Look at Bonds, it's one thing to use it's another to lie under oath about it. BIG Mistake!!

Not too mention that his friend, fellow pitcher, and training partner (Andy Pettite) admits he received GH shots from the trainer. I'll always appreciate what he's accomplished no matter what but to be such an arrogant ass is not helping the public's perception of him. First Rose, then Bonds, and now Clemens. What do they all have in common?? --Great BB players w/ HUGE ego's.

body language expert

3 body language experts all confirmed they were concerned his body signs showed he was being less than forthright. Maybe not lying outright, but something was stressing him and if they were investigators they would research further based on his signals. See NY TIMES article.

3 body language experts all confirmed they were concerned his body signs showed he was being less than forthright. Maybe not lying outright, but something was stressing him and if they were investigators they would research further based on his signals. See NY TIMES article.

Body language experts? At this-------very moment I've heard it all.

clemens needs to just keep his mouth shut.. they cant prove it.. period.. neither can his trainer.. i would sue the trainer for defamation of character/slander and since the trainer cant prove it, he should win the case failrly easiler.. if you are going to cast aspirtions at someone you better be able to back it up..

clemens needs to just keep his mouth shut.. they cant prove it.. period.. neither can his trainer.. i would sue the trainer for defamation of character/slander and since the trainer cant prove it, he should win the case failrly easiler.. if you are going to cast aspirtions at someone you better be able to back it up..

That's what I like to hear! There's no proof at least from what they have.
Tell him to just shut up...

i think i read somewhere that his attorney said he couldn't answer the "what do you want me to do" question because McNamee is a federal witness - and so doing could put Clemens at risk of witness tampering charges or something along those lines. I don;t care if he took them or not, and having followed his career a bit over the years and watching the way he handles the media, etc in interviews - I'd have to say the body language experts could be mistaken. Maybe he's just pissed off and trying very hard not to say something that could steer the witness. Just my 2 cents.

It is not an easy case to win and I don't know why everyone seems to think it is. A slander case is very hard to win. You have to prove that it was done with malice, he will have to prove that McNamee is lying (good luck doing that) and you also have to prove that you were harmed in a substantial way. For someone that is a public figure it is nearly impossible. Clemens is really stupid for filing the lawsuit and I'm sure his lawyers told him that too. By filing that lawsuit, which I would bet money it will get dropped before it gets too far, he opens himself up to a lot of BS. There will be depositions up the ass, where anything goes. So I how Roger has led a squeeky clean life. All his friends, family, anyone that Clemens knows is open for questioning and the questions aren't limited to just steroids and have you seen him. They can ask just about anything, has he ever cheated on his wife, does he drink if so how much, does he get intoxicated, how often, has he ever cheated on his taxes, etc....It could get ugly and if I was him I would have just stayed in my ranch in Texas and said adios to baseball

and I think he looks like a complete douche for tape recording the conversation without him knowing. If he was in NY or some other states he would be fucked. It's illegal to record without permission

and I think he looks like a complete douche for tape recording the conversation without him knowing. If he was in NY or some other states he would be fucked. It's illegal to record without permission

no argument - but I think in NY and TX you only need the permission of one party to record a conversation. In this case, it was Clemens. Pretty sure his attorney wouldn't let him do it without doing his homework first.

rotty.. i know what you are talking about.. but, as a example... my father sued a guy for defamation of character.. the guy was not "malice" with what he was saying but, the accusation was false and could have been "potentially hurtful in regards to income and stature in his community"..(the words by the judge in the verdict).. now, the trainer may not have been trying to hurt clemens (malice) but, what he said to a investigator could most diffinitely be hurtful to clemens in regards to his status (reputation) and could hurt his potential future income..
now i will admit that sueing this guy is like bleeding a turnip.. he probably has nothing to fork over.. and clemens may be better just letting it go as you state.. but, if a guy "defamed" me with no proof but, what he said he saw.. no collaborating witnesses, no video, ect ect.. (his word against mine) i might also look for a way to hurt him..;)

He's far too proud to shut his mouth. Remember he doesn't think like most of us. He has the "I'm a superstar professional athlete and I do as I please" attitude. He's also a hot head so for him to shut up about this is not going to happen.

My only point earlier was that he would of been FAR better off to just admit it. No matter what the public already thinks he's done it anyway so the damage is already done fella's! Proof or not.

i think i read somewhere that his attorney said he couldn't answer the "what do you want me to do" question because McNamee is a federal witness - and so doing could put Clemens at risk of witness tampering charges or something along those lines. I don;t care if he took them or not, and having followed his career a bit over the years and watching the way he handles the media, etc in interviews - I'd have to say the body language experts could be mistaken. Maybe he's just pissed off and trying very hard not to say something that could steer the witness. Just my 2 cents.

NO... He kept asking him that question because He has been well coached by his attorney! He knows ,(as do we all) that RC used AAS and therfore by him asking RC "what do you want me to do", it invites RC to possibly LIE and say something like "TELL THEM I NEVER TOOK AAS," (Which would be a lie of course) and thus he has just duped him (RC) into lying on tape which could later be issued as evidence in any law suit he may present RC with in the future! Smart move... Too bad RC didn't bite!

BTW- He (McM) knew he was being taped or at least listened to by someone other than RC

STEEDA~

What a joke! They put him on the hot seat, and for what? This whole "steroids is destroying baseball" sh*t pisses me off, and I don't even watch baseball! Saying Clemens couldn't last as long as he has without steroids, and Barry Bonds would have never broke the home run record! WHO CARES! Steroids don't make you a great baseball player.......... what 99% of the guys on this board use juice? How many can throw a 98MPH fastball, or hit a 98MPH fastball for 450 feet???? LOL! If steroids worked the miracles these idiots think they do, I would be 300lbs with 2% BF and be able to bend steel with my teeth!

no argument - but I think in NY and TX you only need the permission of one party to record a conversation. In this case, it was Clemens. Pretty sure his attorney wouldn't let him do it without doing his homework first.

I know for a fact that you can't in NY but not sure about the other states. I just think he was a douche for doing it

What a joke! They put him on the hot seat, and for what? This whole "steroids is destroying baseball" sh*t pisses me off, and I don't even watch baseball! Saying Clemens couldn't last as long as he has without steroids, and Barry Bonds would have never broke the home run record! WHO CARES! Steroids don't make you a great baseball player.......... what 99% of the guys on this board use juice? How many can throw a 98MPH fastball, or hit a 98MPH fastball for 450 feet???? LOL! If steroids worked the miracles these idiots think they do, I would be 300lbs with 2% BF and be able to bend steel with my teeth!

It doesn't make you a great player but it helps you maintain and play longer than you otherwise would have been able to play. Most players start to decline rapidly after age 35. Barry Bonds now owns the 2 most prestigous records in all of sports, the single season and career homerun records. He would never have got them without the use of steroids. Look at the rise in his homerun totals. His best homerun/power years came between age 35-40, 49,73,46, 45,45 that doesnt happen. Willie Mays during the same age period hit 37,22,23,13,28,18. It's not like Bonds was hitting like that before and maintained but he improved

I'm not saying it is right or wrong I could give a shit. I like the game to be more entertaining but the arguement that it doesn't make you better is false. It does make you better. If it gives you the ability to play at higher levels for longer periods of time it makes you better. I think they should be able to take them if they want

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws