over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aromasin for PCT

Physick

Registered
I have some Aromasin from Research Stop that I am planning on using. I've done searches and read a lot of the discussions on here about it. There is often mention of it being used in PCT but I can't really seem to find any info about dosage and timing when used in PCT.
I am planning on using a fairly standard protocol for Nolva, 2 wks 40mg/day, 2wks 20mg/day and possibly a 5th week at just 10mg/day. Would the Aromasin be started and stopped at the same time as the Nolva? Also, would 12.5mg/day of Aromasin be ok with that Nolva protocol and is any tapering required? (I'm guessing no on the tapering?)
Any advice or real world experience with Aromasin in PCT would be really appreciated.

Just my thoughts, and perhaps some vets will confirm/correct this, but I would recommend switching out the nolva for clomid. From what I have read thus far the exemestain/clomid combo will work better for you. If I recall clomid has a greater effect on increasing LH/FSH than nolva does.

^ Agreed. If you're gonna run Aromasin for PCT (which is a good idea), there will really be no need for Nolva.. The Clomid/Nolva debate for PCT goes on and on, but Clomid just makes more sense IMO.. I mean, it's a womens fertility drug, so it's geared towards stimulating the reproductive system (which is the goal of PCT) - whereas Nolva is a breast-cancer drug..

My original ancillary plan was Arimidex during cycle, and then Clomid/Nolva for PCT - but after doing alot of reading, Aromasin is superior to Arimidex and is the best AI to use during cycle.. And it's also great for PCT, since it eliminates estrogen and actually raises Test levels.. So it's Aromasin/Clomid for PCT for me.

12.5mg exemestane should be fine, but need varies. just like on cycle you can adjust it up or down, to see how that affects your response in the "pct" paradigm, as opposed to the "cycle" paradigm

Ok, sounds good. What about start and stop time and how long to run for? Do I just start it at the time I would start any other PCT drug? 12.5mg/day for 4 weeks sufficient?

Skip the Nolva for Clomid instead. Use the Aromasin throughout the PCT and add a few weeks post PCT. It'll actually help your natural test levels to keep going up.

If I recall clomid has a greater effect on increasing LH/FSH than nolva does.
According to what? Research shows that at the pituitary, nolvadex is the stronger anti-estrogen, resulting in greater LH release for a given amount of GnRH.

According to what? Research shows that at the pituitary, nolvadex is the stronger anti-estrogen, resulting in greater LH release for a given amount of GnRH.

X2, that's what I have read novla is better than clomid.

Aromsin alone will raise your natural test production and has a favorable affect on Sex Hormone Binding Globulin as well. I would run it with Novla or Clomid but from what I have read recently I'm going to replace Clomid with Novla in my PCT regime. It's much more effective. In fact 20mg of Novla is considered as strong as 150mg of Clomid for test elevation.

Macro will probably chime in and explain why Clomid is the better choice..

Nolvadex is not an anti-estrogen.

Nolvadex is not an anti-estrogen.
Nolva is not a pure anti-estrogen like fulvestrant, but it clearly acts as an anti-estrogen in many tissues, including the breast, hypothalamus, and pituitary. Accordingly, steroid expert William Llewellyn says "In men, both of these drugs [nolva and clomid] act as anti-estrogens in their capacity to oppose the negative feedback of estrogens on the hypothalamus and stimulate the heightened release of GnRH," and also that "Nolvadex is the more purely anti-estrogenic of the two drugs, at least where the hpta is concerned."

Not arguing here but why do endo's/neuro's use clomid, and not nolva, to test for secondary hypogonadism?

Research shows no affect on LH by Nolva. Bill Llewellyn is wrong, again. To his credit he as finally, after 9 years, changed his stance on using Nolva.
Clomid is the clear choice.

Last edited:
Research shows no affect on LH by Nolva. Bill Llewellyn is wrong, again. To his credit he as finally, after 9 years, changed his stance on using Nolva.
Clomid is the clear choice.

Very glad to have you one here RS. Not just as a sponsor, you've got some great info on ancilliaries. Hope you stick around.

Nolva is not a pure anti-estrogen like fulvestrant, but it clearly acts as an anti-estrogen in many tissues, including the breast, hypothalamus, and pituitary. Accordingly, steroid expert William Llewellyn says "In men, both of these drugs [nolva and clomid] act as anti-estrogens in their capacity to oppose the negative feedback of estrogens on the hypothalamus and stimulate the heightened release of GnRH," and also that "Nolvadex is the more purely anti-estrogenic of the two drugs, at least where the hpta is concerned."

tamoxifen's action is actually estrogenic, the heightened release of GnRH is via estrogenic priming. so if you are producing LH or taking hcg, it will amplify those effects. if you are not... well there is no evidence that it stimulates LH release as clomiphene does.

the primary issue with tamoxifen is in cases were there is either high level progesterone synthesis suppression or progesterone from removal of offending compound, its upregulation of PgR expression can cause a lot of different issues. upregulated PgR in the absence and overabundance of progesterone are both problematic and likely why tamoxifen has been linked to numerous cases of post cycle gyno.

Nolvadex isn't an anti-estrogen. It is a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator).

It is, in itself, a very weak estrogen that binds to estrogen receptors in the body (particularly breast tissue), thus preventing the actual estrogen in your body from binding there and causing its side effects. Similar effects to an anti-estrogen, but completely different mechanisms.

Have blood work done before taking Nolvadex and then again while taking Nolvadex. The only change you will see is a slight INCREASE in estrogen levels; as, again, Nolvadex is a mild estrogen.

Stick with Exemestane if high estrogen levels are a problem for you.

Skip the Nolva for Clomid instead. Use the Aromasin throughout the PCT and add a few weeks post PCT. It'll actually help your natural test levels to keep going up.

Hey Researchstop question for ya, is it ok to mix your products with juice and take them orally that way? for example putting the clomid, adex or nolva in apple juice?

Hey Researchstop question for ya, is it ok to mix your products with juice and take them orally that way? for example putting the clomid, adex or nolva in apple juice?

chemicals are not for consumption. they are for laboratory use only.

if you were taking aromasin tabs, would say that GFJ before and then taking your aromasin tabs with a high fat meal, would be best. or you could eat a high fat meal and then during or just after wash down your aromasin tabs with GFJ. Same would go for accutane tabs. though milk is often reccomended, perhaps full fat milk, as this reduces stomach irritation from accutane.

Could you do both nolva & clomid in pct? I've seen some reviews of people doing both... Just wondering if that is uneccisary or unhealthy...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws