over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Funeral home offers drunk drivers a free burial ....LOL

HOTROCKS

Registered
The Associated Press
Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 10:23 p.m.

ROME, Ga. - Planning to drink and drive this New Year's? A north Georgia funeral home has a deal for you. Between now and noon Thursday, drivers can visit McGuire, Jennings and Miller Funeral Home in Rome to sign a contract stating they plan to drink or take drugs and then drive on New Year's Eve. If they die in a wreck that day, the funeral home will give them a free burial.

Services included in the package are a casket, grave, limousine and preparation of remains.

Funeral home officials said the program is designed to save lives by making partygoers think twice about drinking and driving.

Too damn funny

This will be forwarded. Where was this deal when I was a drunk???????

the trouble is that the majority of the time the drunks arn't the ones that get killed , its the poor bastard on his way to or from work , the mother that had to run to the Walgreens to get cough meds for a sick child , the cop on the side of the road helping with a broke down car.

all of these are accounts that I have personaly seen !!

drunk drivers should just stay home and wash their mouth out with a bullet :mad:

Pretty clever, but I see it as a publicity stunt for the funeral home. God bless you all.

the trouble is that the majority of the time the drunks arn't the ones that get killed , its the poor bastard on his way to or from work , the mother that had to run to the Walgreens to get cough meds for a sick child , the cop on the side of the road helping with a broke down car.

all of these are accounts that I have personaly seen !!

drunk drivers should just stay home and wash their mouth out with a bullet :mad:

aint that the truth bro.and the funeral home knows this and use it towards advertisment for them.preety clever.

IMO the funeral home can go F....K themselfs.how the hell you gonna tell a drunk.go drink and drive if you die i got your funeral bills.how is that helping society.instead say if anyone go's out and gets drunk on new years.call us we pay for your taxi home.or we pay for tow truck to tow you home this way you got your car in the morning.

i forgot what town or state it was.but i was seeing it on tv.there is a company that if you get drunk.you call them and they come to pick you up and drive you home in your car.the guy comes in a tiny scooter that folds in half.sticks it in your car trunk drives you home then drives away in his scooter.

now that service..:D..problem is most drunks think they can drive fine.and they insist on driving away

i forgot what town or state it was.but i was seeing it on tv.there is a company that if you get drunk.you call them and they come to pick you up and drive you home in your car.the guy comes in a tiny scooter that folds in half.sticks it in your car trunk drives you home then drives away in his scooter.

now that service..:D..problem is most drunks think they can drive fine.and they insist on driving away

thats a hell of an idea and would probably make a fortune if their weren't such a huge liability for them driving your car

We had a guy that had been busted twice for DUI , he learned that the best bet was to call a wrecker , cost the same as a cab and he diden't have to go look for his car in the morning.

Where do you find all this stuff bro?? :confused:

they need to turn the list over to the police. that might get interesting.

they need to turn the list over to the police. that might get interesting.

Nah ,they would get off in court , claiming entraptment or some other bullshit.
I've had it happen twice while "patroling" a road that is commonly used to bypass the city streets. We setup a couple units on the road with lights on and it make the drunks take the main roads where more officers are patroling. Its kinda like hunting , some do the flushing the other do the catching.

Sadly enough I took to making a photo album of bad accidents and the fatalities involved , I made it a point to present it to a jury to plead my case as to why I had to use "extensive measures" to catch drunks.

DUI's and Child neglect are my two biggest hardons. Its funny to hear people get all pissed off when you wright them $1000 worth of tickets for every damn thing you can find , cause their child wasen't in a car seat

some people just don't get it

I've had it happen twice while "patroling" a road that is commonly used to bypass the city streets. We setup a couple units on the road with lights on and it make the drunks take the main roads where more officers are patroling. Its kinda like hunting , some do the flushing the other do the catching.

Sadly enough I took to making a photo album of bad accidents and the fatalities involved , I made it a point to present it to a jury to plead my case as to why I had to use "extensive measures" to catch drunks.

DUI's and Child neglect are my two biggest hardons. Its funny to hear people get all pissed off when you wright them $1000 worth of tickets for every damn thing you can find , cause their child wasen't in a car seat

Im glad to hear that you put such effort and take such personal responsibility for it. Its really not just a job is it? Now on the other hand, I cant stand speeding tickets! I do get my share of those. Most often I feel like when cops issue those its mostly just a revnue producer, unless the speed is unsafe for conditions or the driver is tailgaiting/weaving in and out of traffic etc.
This past summer driving back from summer vacation in FL I was issued a $750 speeding ticket in the State of Georgia. It was a construction zone of course, but not a orange barrel to be seen in the stretch I was in. They had a trap set up with laser. After that I went out and got the ZR4 laser shifter, and havent had a ticket since .:D

I have a HUUUUUGE problem with drunk driving as well. I drink maybe twice a year... but I've worked in a bar for 4 years. People almost seem PROUD of the fact that they made it home. "Whoa, I don't even remember driving home last night!".

Corporal punishment should be allowed on drunk drivers. I guillotine choked one of our bouncers out cold to get his keys from him one night. He didn't even remember it the next morning.

Im glad to hear that you put such effort and take such personal responsibility for it. Its really not just a job is it? Now on the other hand, I cant stand speeding tickets! I do get my share of those. Most often I feel like when cops issue those its mostly just a revnue producer, unless the speed is unsafe for conditions or the driver is tailgaiting/weaving in and out of traffic etc.
This past summer driving back from summer vacation in FL I was issued a $750 speeding ticket in the State of Georgia. It was a construction zone of course, but not a orange barrel to be seen in the stretch I was in. They had a trap set up with laser. After that I went out and got the ZR4 laser shifter, and havent had a ticket since .:D

yea after you see some bad wrecks and what it does to the surviving family it kinda makes it easy to be zero tolerance about it. That and car seats , I've had more complaints filed for ticketing people then detaining them till they can provide a safe ride for the child.
as for the tickets its not so much revnue that pushes them but complaints called in or accidents , alt of people say that more tickets are given at the end of the month to meet quota , I can honestly say that I've worked with 4 departments and their has never been a quota. If you don't wright many your gonna get called in and asked why simply cause they think your slacking.

best part is that the only time I get paid anymore is when I work a detail the rest of the patrol and SWAT time is free as I don't do it full time anymore , I lave seeing peopls face when they say they pay my salery and I tell them no that I do this for charity !!

I have a HUUUUUGE problem with drunk driving as well. I drink maybe twice a year... but I've worked in a bar for 4 years. People almost seem PROUD of the fact that they made it home. "Whoa, I don't even remember driving home last night!".

Corporal punishment should be allowed on drunk drivers. I guillotine choked one of our bouncers out cold to get his keys from him one night. He didn't even remember it the next morning.

when I was younger and ALOT dumber I partied hard and did my share od drinking and driving , since I started police work every time I see a wreck I think "how the fuck did that never happen to me"
I only drink 5-6 times a year and those times are generaly wehn we throw a party here or we go to the French Quarter for the week end and just walk to and from the hotel

i think they should as punishment for people when they get a dui.is to have them go out with police or paramedics to fetality accident caused by a drunk driver.and have them see the dead corps pulled out off the car.that seen will never leave their minds for life.bet you they never drink and drive again.

i think they should as punishment for people when they get a dui.is to have them go out with police or paramedics to fetality accident caused by a drunk driver.and have them see the dead corps pulled out off the car.that seen will never leave their minds for life.bet you they never drink and drive again.

well seeing a dead battered body pulled from a wreck is a bad deal , but seeing the wife or childrens , or mother and father's reactions when you tell them that their farther , husband or baby is dead is far worse.
I'd rather get hit in the face with a hammer than tell sombody their loved one is not comming home , EVER !!

that is by far one of the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with

Is this true.
Some people are not drunk even thought the breath analyzer says the are .

Is this true.
Some people are not drunk even thought the breath analyzer says the are .
I've seen people that function perfectly and can pass the majority of the field sobriety test easly yet blow close to .2 !! , .08 is the legal limit , .15 most are hammered and suffer loss of balance and depth preseption , slured speech and so on.
The eye tracking test is very very accurate for people without eye trouble and what I base the majority of my findings on. After you have done several hundred DUI's you can look at sombodys face and get a pretty good idea where they rank , even for those with amazing controle you can't hide dialated pupils and a ticking eye.

I have had some that I was certain they were well over the limit yet blow .06 legaly their not drunk but they are impaired and its my disscression wether to let them drive (not gonna happen) but I will let them call a friend to come get them. I've also had some do very well onthe field sobriety test then blow a .18 !! for this your the grand prize winner of a set of matching braclets

I have also detained people who just coulden't drive !! from being sleepy of disstressed , you don't go to jail but your not gonna drive off either

well seeing a dead battered body pulled from a wreck is a bad deal , but seeing the wife or childrens , or mother and father's reactions when you tell them that their farther , husband or baby is dead is far worse.
I'd rather get hit in the face with a hammer than tell sombody their loved one is not comming home , EVER !!

that is by far one of the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with

AS a funeral director, i deal with this all too often. I make the funeral arrangements with the familily, and this situation (DWI) is for sure one of the hardest arrangements that i make. When im sitting there accross the table looking at the wife,husband,children,parent etc, and discussing the funeral; i just cannot imagine how painful it is. I often have to control my emotions and that is very hard to do.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws