over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Abs

PATRAINER

Registered
Try as I may with countless leg raises reverse crunches and so on, I can not get my lower abs to come in. Upper 4 and serratus are deep and cut, but no lower makes me look terrible. Is this a genetic thing or is there some exercise that will help that I am missing.

Sorry man i belive this is a genetic thanggg!!!

swol said:

Agree it is like calves. I don't train mine at all and they are bigger than my bis. But have been very low BF and the last row of abs just isnt' there. Upper and mid abs actually stick out but have you really push to even feel the lower set.

BTW someone asked about this a couple months ago and someone said what aworked for them was to have someone lift their legs up while holing a chinup bar. Then they would lower their legs down very slowly. I dont' ahve a training partner so haven't tried it myself.

CROWLER

swol said:

I am agreeing with swol- its a genetic thing- I train em 3 x a week and they suck and my calves are poor but are coming up after a couple years of consistent training- but abs come in with low bodyfat and are usually determined by genetics- everyone has abs- you cant seem them till your bf is low enough and yur genetics determine the shape of them

I like Anthony Ellis' quote

Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym. There are plenty of good exercises to work the abs. But they ain't gonna show until you shed the BF! :p ;)

BODY FAT

I dont think its a body fat problem. Had bodyfat measured last Friday befor show Saturday and it was at 2.5% which should be plenty low enough for ab definition.

Worried

Worry about it because the last two shows judges have told me thats where I have lost my class. In the ab shots.

my .02

Try training your abs like any other muscle. Bomb those fuckers with heavy weights and sets of 8.

Guys, I'm sorry but I am going to have to disagree here. Well I wouldn't necessarily say disagree, but this is just me. My abs will not come in at all or show the least bit if I don't train them. I can eat whatever I want, and start training abs, and I sware they start coming in. I have to train mine. I read somewhere a long time ago when i was a little itty bitty thing that Arnold was the same way. Of course with most people, it is a diet thing.

But my opinion on your problem PATRAINER is genes. Damn, 2.5%, what in the hell are you doing?

Peace,
VG

2.5 huh%???

Well if you were that low, you would have abs, END OF STORY. So try to train the area by doing vaccum sucks, weighted ab training, and diet down. Just so you know 2.5 % is about as low as you can get b4 you melt the brown fat surrounding the organs, then your organs shut down...

BODY FAT

Yea I have a physician who helps me out and he was totally concerned about body fat being that low for any sustained period.

abs

plus as i said have great deep upper abs and obliques, just need lower ones to balance out look.

Sorry - you were very CURSE in your question. If you're anywhere near what you say in BF, your abs should show. Genetics dictate shape and size to some degree.

I'm from the school of thought that if you use heavy weights you'll INCREASE the size of the muscle; just like you would any other muscle. I've had the best luck (showing of abs for contest) by working in an aerobic/contractive fashion. Ab workout lasts 20(min)-30(max) min and I hold the contraction for a couple o' seconds. Plenty of good lower ab exercises like hanging knee raises and my favorite Laying Flat on Floor with legs straight - elevate your feet about 6-8 inchess off floor, (try and) keep the middle of back on floor - then HOLD. But what do I know - I have VERY BAD genetics as it relates to abs.

In my very first bb'ing contest (back in '85), my class (ltwt - yes I was clean) was the largest - 10 competitors. I got 4th place and they trophied 3 places. Back then, they were awarding everyone (not each class) "Best Bodypart" trophies. The ONLY "Ab" comparison they did the WHOLE contest was between the guy that beat me (got 3ed in class) and myself. He won the BEST ABS Award! It made me feel good anyway - that I was compared to him.

any pics

Pat-
truly i am not trying to deny you of your claims but I would like to see exactly the problem if you have pics of your abs so maybe we all can help you out and figure out the solution-its tough to really see this without knowing what you look like with such a low bf-please if you have em post em-thanks

Jon

PICS

would like to post some pics for critique on abs and judges forum. I dont have a digital cam and I am computer illiterate. Is there a way to post regular pics. Could really use the critique to my benefit.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member