over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Adrenal Fatigue - I think you guys might enjoy my article on this

great article!

i am getting reffurred to an endo as i had an acth stim test and my cortisol levels didnt rise at all so the doctor suspects i have addisons .

if this is the case and i end up on cortisol replacement ,do you think i can resume a normal bodybuilding lifestyle ?

my training has been pretty much on hold for the past year as my body cant cope with excercise ,im only training twice per week at the moment as its all i can cope with

???

Do those supplements that focus on the Adrenal gland work?? Some of them have actual adrenal cortex in them. I cant function without caffeine!! I own a business so not fuctioning is not an option. Vacations are not relaxing either. Usually more hectic than work!

i am getting reffurred to an endo as i had an acth stim test and my cortisol levels didnt rise at all so the doctor suspects i have addisons .

if this is the case and i end up on cortisol replacement ,do you think i can resume a normal bodybuilding lifestyle ?

my training has been pretty much on hold for the past year as my body cant cope with excercise ,im only training twice per week at the moment as its all i can cope with

Yes I do...because I have seen people do it. It may take some time...but you can do it my friend...

JM

Do those supplements that focus on the Adrenal gland work?? Some of them have actual adrenal cortex in them. I cant function without caffeine!! I own a business so not fuctioning is not an option. Vacations are not relaxing either. Usually more hectic than work!

Well they are really popular....buuuut I just don't have enough evidence (and I'm just looking for anecdotal to form an opinion), to give you an educated response...

JM

In regards to better sleep... I would recommend homemade bone broths from pasture raised animal bones and animal parts. The gelatin rich broth will supply an ample amount of Glycine.. Glycine is recognized as an “inhibitory” neurotransmitter, and promotes natural sleep. It has a quieting/antistress protective action, among many other health benefits.. You can also supplement with Gelatin, but the homemade broths are always a first choice..

Bovine Gelatin, Bonvine Gelatine, Bernard Jensen Gelatin, Gelatin Digestion, 100% Pure Bovine

I love reading your articles man, I get soooo excited when a new article comes out that you wrote. I did your 12 week program and it was amazing how I put on size and strength. I put on 15lbs this winter and increased all my lifts. I have a few questions about the adrenal fatigue. I work swing shifts in a coal mine. 8am-4pm. 12am-8am. 4pm-12am. So my sleep schedules are crazy and ever changing. Do you think this is terrible for bodybuilding and overall health? I know I have all the symptoms of adrenal fatigue when I'm on midnights but feel pretty good on the other shifts. Working 50-60 hours a week and doing manual labor I have still been able to put on good size and strength but feel wore out on midnights. Should I just not train on midnights or sleep more on them?

good read

Well they are really popular....buuuut I just don't have enough evidence (and I'm just looking for anecdotal to form an opinion), to give you an educated response...

JM

Yes, not enogh evidance, you need to regulate the adrenal cortex output, the adrenal gland extract it would not regulate the the cortex output.

There was some great discussion going on the cortisol thread, and I promised when my adrenal fatigue article was up I would send the link...here it is...feel free to comment...

Thanks guys,
JM

T NATION | The Adrenal Fatigue Cure

Thanks for keeping your word John. Very much appreciated.

Your article was a great read as always!

Good article few things...

I have adrenal and pituitary issues and my endocrinologist says to quit my job or they will never go away. Its easy to change many things, but when your the bread winner and still even have a job with the economy the way it is...its easier said than done.:(

? Licorice Root good for adrenals, but what about possible concern with lowering testosterone or is this very marginal?

I find taking Rhodiola Rosea and Cordyceps make a difference and for some reason when I add ALCAR it helps even more. In addition to making sure your thyroid levels are in check.

Last edited:
Very good article

If i can add to that

phosphatidylserine (usually have to take 600mg at least)
5-htp
l-theanine <-- alot of people could forgo anxiety drugs if they researched this and used it correctly (usually divided dosages thruout the day (100mg each dose)
besides the licorice root

can greatly help adrenal fatigue

Thanks so much md!

I flat out abuse energy drinks. Like 3-5 a day. After reading this I have cut them out completely. Right now I feel like shit, constant headache and craving a red bull, but I am sleeping better, and mood is improving. Thank you.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws