lipids results - I think im gtg?

dimethyl11

Registered
Newbies
32yo been on blast since December
Originally had some deca and tren in the mix, but now its just test and mast
Below are my lipids

CHOLESTEROL 5.26 H (<= 5.19 mmol/L)
non-HDL-C. TRIGLYCERIDES 1.44 N (<= 1.69 mmol/L)
HDL CHOLESTEROL 0.52 L (1.00 - 9999.00 mmol/L)
LDL CHOLESTEROL 4.13 H (<= 3.49 mmol/L)
NON-HDL-CHOLESTEROL 4.74 H (<= 4.19 mmol/L )
TC/HDL-C RATIO 10.1 N

I just recently started red yeast rice, I take fish oils daily

I don't think I have any concerns to come off but wanted some feedback

the red yeast rice sold in the us does not contain the active ingredient anymore by law so it’s basically worthless. I would consider a low dose statin or Ezetimibe to bring the ldl down

This numbers are a lot different from what I've seen on my results. Total Cholesterol under 200 is normal I believe but yours has single digit numbers. They look close to the cut offs so I think it's prob g2g

the red yeast rice sold in the us does not contain the active ingredient anymore by law so it’s basically worthless. I would consider a low dose statin or Ezetimibe to bring the ldl down
I’m in Canada so I wonder if it’s different.

Below are my lipids

TC/HDL-C RATIO 10.1 N

No one can tell you what's acceptable and what is not. Only you can.

Today, I got mine back:

CHOL: 3.88 (150)
HDL: 0.85 (33)
LDL: 2.53 (97)
TRIG: 0.77 (68)
CHOL/HDL RATIO: 4.56

Been on 300-450mg Test Prop per week for a few weeks now, and have been on a base of Test Prop 300mg/wk and changed in/out NPP 300mg/wk or EQ 450mg/wk since December.

Im in the US but if i did the conversions right that puts total at 203, ldl at 159, hdl at 20 and trig at 127. Trig to hdl ratio puts you in the insulin resistant category and Rememnant cholesterol is elevated a bit. If it were me id look at getting hba1c and fasted insulin levels tested and see where thats at. Cholesterol and can be fixed pretty easy, even 5mg crestor twice a week would probably get your levels down but the potential insulin resistance is the bigger problem to address in my opinion

This isn't correct. Some brands still work. Plenty of bloodwork over the years using and not using Jarrow 1200mg/day makes a good sized difference in LDL- about 20-25 points. As potent as a statin? No but it does still work.

Below are my lipids

TC/HDL-C RATIO 10.1 N

I wouldn't feel comfortable with those numbers. For a short period of time? Yes, For extended periods? No.

Your LDL should be under 100 on the US conversion and ideally 70 or under if you don't want to lay down plaque.

This isn't correct. Some brands still work. Plenty of bloodwork over the years using and not using Jarrow 1200mg/day makes a good sized difference in LDL- about 20-25 points. As potent as a statin? No but it does still work.

Red yeast rice products that have considerable amounts of monacolin K may effectively lower blood cholesterol levels, blood glucose levels, and blood pressure. But, because of the levels of monacolin K, these products are considered by the FDA to be unapproved new drugs and are not sold legally in the United States.

Other red yeast rice products may contain very little monacolin K, and it’s unknown if these products are effective in reducing cholesterol levels or improving other areas of health. Some products have levels of monacolin K that are below the level known to lower cholesterol in clinical trials.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with those numbers. For a short period of time? Yes, For extended periods? No.

Your LDL should be under 100 on the US conversion and ideally 70 or under if you don't want to lay down plaque.
What brand of Jarrow do you use? Not a lot on amazon and some are probiotics for gut health.

Im in the US but if i did the conversions right that puts total at 203, ldl at 159, hdl at 20 and trig at 127. Trig to hdl ratio puts you in the insulin resistant category and Rememnant cholesterol is elevated a bit. If it were me id look at getting hba1c and fasted insulin levels tested and see where thats at. Cholesterol and can be fixed pretty easy, even 5mg crestor twice a week would probably get your levels down but the potential insulin resistance is the bigger problem to address in my opinion

Thanks a lot guys - I appreciate the info

I would not be comfortable at all with an LDL of 159. I am a big believer in aggressively getting it below 60 by any means necessary to prevent any atherosclerosis from manifesting.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131