over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ammonia Cap

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So today I ran across this lovely thing but I have never tried it before.

But I want to ask if there is any side effects to using it? I know some of you will say that it is a dumb question but I rather to know as much as possible before using a product...plus when I googled it some nothing "lovely" things came up.

So do you guys use it?

Any side effects to usage or long term usage?

Thanks ahead :)

I use it when I have no energy on leg day before my most intense set or 2. Maybe 1-2x a month in all reality. Does wonders for about 30 seconds.

I use it when I have no energy on leg day before my most intense set or 2. Maybe 1-2x a month in all reality. Does wonders for about 30 seconds.

Are there any side effects to constant usage?

I would like to use it during dead lifts and then squats. Dead lifts seriously kills me.

They're awesome, haven't used them much lately as I haven't been training to or competing in powerlifting. I used them fairly consistently for a couple years, didn't see any negative side effects. Also used them before matches while wrestling in high school, scared the shit out of my opponents.

well it seems like I need to place an order because they are times that I just can't get pumped for a lift and I end up screwing up the set.

I've never experienced sides but I couldn't tell you for sure.

Just ordered 4 bottles. That's right, 4! Fuck you dead lifts!!!!

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smelling_salts"]Smelling salts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Smelling salts, also known as spirit of hartshorn or sal volatile, are chemical compounds used for arousing consciousness.[1] The usual active compound is ammonium carbonate, a colorless-to-white, crystalline solid ((NH4)2CO3·H2O).[1][2] Because most modern solutions are mixed with water, they should more properly be called "aromatic spirits of ammonia."[1] Modern solutions may also contain other products to perfume or act in conjunction with the ammonia, such as lavender oil or eucalyptus oil.[3]

History

Smelling salts have been used since Roman times, and are mentioned in the writings of Pliny as 'Hammonicus sal'.[1] Evidence exists of use in the 13th century by alchemists as 'sal ammoniac'.[1]
In the 17th century, an ammonia solution was distilled from shavings of harts' (deer) horns and hooves, which led to the alternative name for smelling salts as spirit or salt of hartshorn.[1]
Smelling salts have also been known as 'sal volatile', for their ability to produce a reaction.[4]
They were widely used in Victorian Britain to revive fainting women, and in some areas constables would carry a container of them for the purpose.[5]
The use of smelling salts was widely recommended during the Second World War, with all workplaces advised by the British Red Cross and St. John Ambulance to keep 'sal volatile' in their first aid boxes.[6] Nowadays, their use and prevalence has dramatically decreased.
[edit]Usage

Smelling salts are often used on athletes (such as boxers) when they are knocked unconscious or semi-conscious[1] (although a number of sports governing bodies, such as the Football Association in the UK recommend against their use[7]).
They are also used in competitions (such as powerlifting, strong man and Ice hockey) to "wake up" competitors to perform better.[1][8]
They are also still used for people feeling faint,[9][10][11] or who have fainted, either administered by others, or self administered, with some at-risk groups, such as pregnant women, sometimes advised to keep them close to hand.[12]
[edit]Physiological action

Smelling salts release ammonia (NH3) gas, which irritates the mucous membranes of the nose and lungs, and thereby triggers an inhalation reflex[8] (that is, it causes the muscles that control breathing to work faster[8]). Additionally, the irritant properties activate the sympathetic system as a response leading to elevated heart rate, blood pressure and brain activity. Specifically, many of the benign fainting events are caused by excessive parasympathetic and vagal activity leading to dilation of blood vessels, slowing of the heart and decreased perfusion of the brain thus leading to decreased muscle tone in general and postural muscles in particular, allowing the person to collapse. The sympathetic irritant effect is exploited to counteract these vagal parasympathetic effects leading to reversal of the faint. Similar action can be produced by cheek slapping which is often administered to fainting persons.
[edit]Risks

Ammonia gas is toxic in large concentrations for prolonged periods,[1] and can be fatal.[11] Smelling salts produce only a small amount of ammonia gas.[1]
There is a limited possibility of direct burning of the nasal or oral mucosa from high concentration of inhaled ammonia.[1]
The use of ammonia smelling salts to revive people injured during sport is not recommended as it may inhibit or delay a proper and thorough neurological assessment by a healthcare professional,[1] and some governing bodies recommend specifically against it.[7] There is also a risk that as an irritant, use of smelling salts could cause reflex withdrawal from the source, thereby exacerbating any pre-existing cervical spine injury.[1]

From EliteFTS

Cheap Crack for Powerlifters

By Chad AichsPublished: May 13, 2010
Posted in: Powerlifting, Products & Reviews
Tags: ammonia caps, chad aichs, crack, powerlifting

I feel bad for the ammonia caps, they never really get the credit they deserve! They’re such a fine addition to any hardcore gym bag and in fact should be one of the essential keys to it being a hardcore gym bag, right next to a bottle of ephedra and box of ding dongs. No ammonia? Then it’s just another yuppie workout bag with lifting gloves, anti-bacterial wipes, and a fluffy little towel for wiping their sensitive forehead off so a bead of sweat doesn’t get in their girly eyes. Real hardcore lifters sniff the hell of the ammonia!

The ammonia cap is like cheap crack for a powerlifter. When you need that little pick-me-up for a big squat, your little friend, the ammonia cap, will never let you down. It opens the sinuses, gets your body to release a big hit of adrenaline and gets the heart pounding! There’s reason they stick an ammonia cap under the nose of a big lineman that knocked himself out on the field…it’s because it wakes his big ass up! Once you take that big sniff in, you just want to rip a door off a car, or rampage through a town like Godzilla. It clears your head of all that daily grind bullshit, and gets too much adrenaline going to worry about that shit. It gets you jacked up and ready to destroy some big weights.

The ammonia cap is such a great device and it’s so simple to use. Although most people go sissy with it – they crack it with their arms stretched away from their body and gradually start sniffing it as they bring it closer. They get within a foot of their nose and throw it down. This is the complete sissy way to go about it.

The man way – the hardcore way – is to push all the air out of the lungs and hold it while you crack the ammonia directly under the nose, touching the bottom of the nose. Then, you immediately inhale as much air as you can. That does the trick! You want your eyes watering and you want to get to the point when you can’t help but let a good yell out. Then as you progress with your ammonia addiction, you’ll eventually have to jump up to two caps at a time. After that, you go to actually sticking them in the nostrils. The nostrils will burn a bit from the ammonia, but this is normal and really ads to the whole effect. When you get really hardcore, you’ll go straight to the source and get a bottle of ammonia. Holding it under the nose breathing in and out while making bubbles in the bottle. This is hardcore, although not sure how healthy it is to sit and sniff a bottle of ammonia for long periods of time. Most people will stick with the ammonia cap.

I’ve had a long love affair with the ammonia cap…ever since the first time I took a big hit, I was addicted. I spread this addiction to my team. It’s like food when we’re training – you don’t break out the ammonia caps unless you have enough to share with everyone. That includes someone who is just spotting for the day. When a lifter cracks his ammonia and throws it on the floor, as soon as the lift is over, others will scramble for it to see if it has any bite left. Just like a bum looking for good cigarette butts. I had one partner taking the ammonia caps out of the first aid kits at work. I think the company was totally confused on where they were going and eventually stopped ordering them. It’s not uncommon for a team member to ask if anyone has ammonia just because his sinuses are all stuffed up and he want to clear them out. My training partner, Scott, gets pissed if he doesn’t get enough of a hit to make his eyes water and gags a bit. I’ve spread out to using the ammonia caps for my highland games too.

I once read a comment on one of my videos were someone ask if I was sniffing coke before I lift…what a dumbass! The poor ammonia cap just doesn’t get the credit it deserves. It’s a beautiful, wonderful, extremely helpful little thing that’s always there to get you up for the big lifts and never lets you down.

Way too much thought put into something minor as with all your posts. Try and see if it works no miracle if you're not into deadlifting and squatting this won't do much. But they do wake you up

Well he is curious if they pose any long term health risks.

Way too much thought put into something minor as with all your posts. Try and see if it works no miracle if you're not into deadlifting and squatting this won't do much. But they do wake you up

I believe in this sport and life style one needs to be. When you see the word "poison" with what you are about to purchase then its time to study up.

I love deadlifting....but when I do it my energy goes out the window in no time. By my third set I only have enough energy to either a) hold in my shits and farts (which I always feel like I need to shit when I dead lift and I always end up not needing to) or b) lift.

I wonder if it can hurt your nose with regular use.

I've never used them, from what other lifters have told me you should only use them every now and then when our going for max attempts. If you use them with any regularity they basically wont have any effect after a while. Certainly should not be using them every deadlift/squat workout we're talking once a month maybe for that added boost when you're really trying to go all out.

That would make sense. I would hit it on my 3rd set of dead lifts once a week (not counting warm up as sets).

There should be a lot of people using them on here but I wonder why nobody chipped in. I guess I'm going to ask this from power lifters.

Well I just got them all and the containers are small.

Was so excited that I opened it in the car and I couldn't smell it so I kept moving it closer to my noise and breathed in and......

JESUS CHRIST OH LORD MIGHTY. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!! I think I burned every single one of my nose hairs. Seriously holy fucking shit! The left side of head hurts now and I can actually breath from both of my nostriles (even still now that I am at my house). My gf has a cat and I'm allergic to them so I haven't been able to breath out of my nose for 9 months now.

This stuff is SSSSTRONG!!!! It just wakes your ass up though and that is it.

Well I just got them all and the containers are small.

Was so excited that I opened it in the car and I couldn't smell it so I kept moving it closer to my noise and breathed in and......

JESUS CHRIST OH LORD MIGHTY. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!! I think I burned every single one of my nose hairs. Seriously holy fucking shit! The left side of head hurts now and I can actually breath from both of my nostriles (even still now that I am at my house). My gf has a cat and I'm allergic to them so I haven't been able to breath out of my nose for 9 months now.

This stuff is SSSSTRONG!!!! It just wakes your ass up though and that is it.

man you might want to look into nose tork.its cyrstalized ammonia.to me there about 3 times stronger that the caps.very intense stuff.pro wrist wraps sells it.

man you might want to look into nose tork.its cyrstalized ammonia.to me there about 3 times stronger that the caps.very intense stuff.pro wrist wraps sells it.

that's what I got. 4 containers of nose tork...hell if you leave it open long enough it'll start burning your eyes.

So elite sells it? How much?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity