advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

[Discussion] The IFBB announces changes to Classic Physique category weight caps effective immediately

AllOkJumpmaster

Registered
Newbies
Is this the right move, and good for the sport? supposedly this will benefit the smaller guys. Also, it appears Breon Ansley has already announced, based on this, he is going back to classic...

Attachments

• 19191919192.png
    19191919192.png
    339.2 KB · Views: 116
this is total bulshit - short dudes and there they have an advantage because they have better proportions... now tall dudes are fucked because they have an even lower weight limit than they had and shorter ones can weigh more - so short ones will look even better and tall ones will look even worse, they will be thin like poles

this is total bulshit - short dudes and there they have an advantage because they have better proportions... now tall dudes are fucked because they have an even lower weight limit than they had and shorter ones can weigh more - so short ones will look even better and tall ones will look even worse, they will be thin like poles
Wait… the way I take it is the total opposite. It’s capping the weight according to height. A guy that’s 5’7” can only weigh 192lbs but a 6’ dude can weigh 227lb.

The tall guys got an extra couple pounds but the short guys got a little more.

In the grand scheme of things it isn't going to matter much, the only person that could possibly beat Bumstead is Ramon.

Do we have the limits for NPC classic? I assume 10lbs under the IFBB limits?

Do we have the limits for NPC classic? I assume 10lbs under the IFBB limits?
Yes and those were adjusted as well Tyler Manion just had a video on ins about it , maybe the NPC news page

The tall guys got an extra couple pounds but the short guys got a little more.

In the grand scheme of things it isn't going to matter much, the only person that could possibly beat Bumstead is Ramon.
my friend competed on chicago pro and had a limit of 247 and now under the new rules he is 242 so 5lbs less lol

I’m curious to see what the weight caps are going to be for men’s physique and if that’s just going to force them to do even less to legs so they can look even more unbalanced.

I think Terrance said something like he had 12 lbs of room now. Lol

The thing is, does an even more muscled Breon have a better shot at Cbum or Ramon? I could see Terrance, with his lines, and a bit more size, being up in the top.

I’m not sure how close Ramon and Urs were to the previous caps.

Yes and those were adjusted as well Tyler Manion just had a video on ins about it , maybe the NPC news page
I for one am relieved by this. Was trying to figure out how I was going to make weight for my next show. 🤣 I’ll take the extra few pounds.

I’ll take the 7 pound change. Here it is for NPC:

IMO it’s not going to change much if anything in the IFFB or NPC. You either come dialed in or you don’t and the guy who does wins.

I’m curious to see what the weight caps are going to be for men’s physique and if that’s just going to force them to do even less to legs so they can look even more unbalanced.
I may take some heat for saying this, but I think they should drop the weight for men’s physique. It’s gotten out of control IMO with guys coming in way too top heavy.

my friend competed on chicago pro and had a limit of 247 and now under the new rules he is 242 so 5lbs less lol
Sure about that? Isn't his new weight 249?

Bumstead was between to heights before so he could either weigh 230 or 240. Last Olympias he´s been allowed to weigh 240(6´1-6´2). Now Bumstead is allowed to weigh 242.

Isn't your friend over 6´2?

I may take some heat for saying this, but I think they should drop the weight for men’s physique. It’s gotten out of control IMO with guys coming in way too top heavy.
I agree 100% , with the weight cap i expect to see guys trying to atrophy their legs or some stupid shit

After competing in classic every year, since it came out since 2016-2021 I've always had plenty room for weight. Joints were smaller. For someone with larger joints, it may be more difficult. Flex Wheeler weighed what 220 at the 93 Olympia? At 5ft11 he could he competed in classic. This look ,or similar, is ideal for classic.

it raises the weight , for a little muscular look, more like bodybuilding. That said small joints, small waist, ripped inside out conditioning, and lots of muscle, makes this division ideal for those that don't want or can not get, too much muscle.

After competing in classic every year, since it came out since 2016-2021 I've always had plenty room for weight. Joints were smaller. For someone with larger joints, it may be more difficult. Flex Wheeler weighed what 220 at the 93 Olympia? At 5ft11 he could he competed in classic. This look ,or similar, is ideal for classic.

it raises the weight , for a little muscular look, more like bodybuilding. That said small joints, small waist, ripped inside out conditioning, and lots of muscle, makes this division ideal for those that don't want or can not get, too much muscle.
i don't think that flex have a classic look. He was more muscular than the classic division

i don't think that flex have a classic look. He was more muscular than the classic division
His height and weight in younger years was close to this ht and wt guidelines. Look at 93 Arnold is it? Or 93 Olympia.

Flex Wheeler wasn't massive, he appeared to have more muscle due to something's mentioned earlier. Alone he really looked impressive. Beside competition he gave up some size. He held his own muscular size .

I think they’re really just trying to get more people to compete. People aren’t competing like they used to. Everyone wants to look like CBUM.

I would be pissed if I was 2-4 weeks out from a show and they dropped this rule after all that work to aim for a weight. They’re pushing the limits IMO or what classic is meant to be- Arnold, Zane, etc.

The timing of this is perfect for the Olympia and ironic that in CBUM’s latest video with Hany they were bitching about him being overweight going into prep. 😂 May have been smarter for all competitors to have it go into effect next year, not immediately.

But like I said, it doesn’t change much as the best conditioned and proportioned guy will/should always win. No matter what he weighs in at within the class.

I think Terrance said something like he had 12 lbs of room now. Lol

The thing is, does an even more muscled Breon have a better shot at Cbum or Ramon? I could see Terrance, with his lines, and a bit more size, being up in the top.

I’m not sure how close Ramon and Urs were to the previous caps.

Urs said he was 216 last olympia so he had tons of room despite being offseason 265+ last year. His cap was 222 before. Ramon barely made weight. Terrence and Breon also had a lot of struggle to make weight.

Breon had already planned to move up to 212. Will this get him to come back to classic? I hope so personally; he's my favorite classic physique athlete personally. His posing was something really special and I love the style of it. It'd be incredibly satisfying to see him take the title back from Chris after losing it so many years ago and all the white teenage boys in western countries will rage at cbum losing the title.

He says on instagram "It does get interesting! The increase in the weight cap would put me at 187lbs guys; however I might not have to cut water so heavy so I could weigh in at 192lbs because I wouldnt lose as much height! Definitely something to sleep on!! I’ll definitely be discussing it on a YouTube video real shortly in detail!! Love YALL! ♠️"

That's something to consider... if you suck down hard enough, you could hypothetically lose enough water to lose height I suppose.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131