over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

any raw powerlifters?

TRAPMANJOE

Registered
hey just wondering if anybody competes in raw feds here. im just getting into it this year and im gonna compete raw for a couple years to build a strong base before getting in gear. if you do what are your stats weight, total etc... fed you compete in. goals.

ill start.
im 23, 5'11'' 220lbs, im just getting back into powerlifting, i recently lost 110lbs and was gonna do a bodybuilding show. but i like power lifting more so im going back to my roots. right now my lifts suck i just maxed out to see where im at in strenght. i benched 405, squat 525, deadlift 605 raw. i used to weigh 320-330 flucuated alot, benched 455, squat 675, dead 675x3 so i lost quite a bit of strength but plan on getting them back up and competing. my goals are bench 425, squat 605, dead 675 for my first comp.

if you are a geared lifter lets hear your stats also, raw+geared

dude if you did what all the other cool kids were doing you could probably go to the olympics with those numbers! jk drugs are bad! but those are some good numbers man for being "organic".

seriously the longer u wait the better the gear will be for you!

Ive only been training for about 8 months Now. Im not a newb at all. Ben trainin off and on since 1985. Unfortunatly, I have a problem with long term commitment and only can seem to stick out trainin for 2 maybe 3 yrs at a time :-(

Stats now:
5'5"

As of now my #'s are:
Squat-455 Raw estimated
Bench-350 Raw / 445 w/Titan kitana
Dead-495 Raw

dude if you did what all the other cool kids were doing you could probably go to the olympics with those numbers! jk drugs are bad! but those are some good numbers man for being "organic".

seriously the longer u wait the better the gear will be for you![/QUO

thanks man, im trying. my goal is to be pound for pound very strong. i want to be a lean powerlifter. but i hear ya on the gear thing. if i had training partners who knew about gear i would wear it. but for know it's raw dog.

For me when I was hitting it hard raw. I tended to go to hard for way to long and it lead to injury after injury.

When I put gear on it helped me stay injury free for a longer.

raw and equipped are two different beasts.

With equipment you have to become a master at using the gear. It's very difficult. I would estimate that 90% of equipped lifter have no clue on how to use their gear properly. I had no clue what I was doing until I sought out champions who taught me how to use the gear.

In the end you have to listen to your body and train smart, not heavy all the time. You have to cycle your training year round. A lesson I learn the painful way.

I think you're confused. He's talking about "gear" as in bench shirts, squat suits, etc. Not as in AAS.

gear=suits
juice=AAS

hehe:)

my last meet i did raw, coincidentally i also got hurt
but as i dont compete i still train heavy, no suits or shirts now tho, but i do use wraps
congrats on the 110lb loss, im 6'6 330 currently, if i dropped to 220 id die lol
im now training DC with a moderate cal restriction. this is my first week back DC style, and i think ill stay with it for a long period, as its BBR and PWR mixed lol

frk

If you want to use gear you might as well start to learn lifting in gear. It is different in terms of leverage and where your sticking points are at, also how you train. My best meet lifts are in 275 927 sq, 585 bench, 765 dl.

im a raw guy, dont compete alot, prefer bodybuilding style training

best lifts are
635 squat
400 bench
675 deadlift

@ 220 (weighed 215)

my last meet i did raw, coincidentally i also got hurt
but as i dont compete i still train heavy, no suits or shirts now tho, but i do use wraps
congrats on the 110lb loss, im 6'6 330 currently, if i dropped to 220 id die lol
im now training DC with a moderate cal restriction. this is my first week back DC style, and i think ill stay with it for a long period, as its BBR and PWR mixed lol

frk

I knew you were a very large person, I guess I just didn't realize how large!

Attachments

• funny-pictures-kitten-is-astounded.jpg
    funny-pictures-kitten-is-astounded.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 788
OH! I forgot to mention (as FRKNHUGE stats scared the crap out of me) that I did a couple of meets raw. They only had bench and deadlift, no squat. I competed in:

Dec. 2008 in the 165lb weight category (I think I weight around 149-151lbs)
Bench: 175lbs
Dead: 300lbs

& May 2009 in the 148lb weight cateogory (I think weight was around 141lbs)
Bench: 175lbs
Dead: 280lbs

The May meet was only 6 weeks before from my figure competition. My deadlift suffered from all the cardio I was doing.

best lifts so far

@ <220 bodyweight

635 no wraps. will try 585 soon for reps with belt and knee wraps
405x3 bench after a long break. will try again soon
585x8 deadlift (nowhere near that currently)
at the moment i have no interest in finding a 1RM. Instead I try to train in the 3-5 rep range for my power movements but sometimes I get stupid.

In being the biggest/strongest/thickest you can be, it's all about consistency, staying injury free, and not suffering big setbacks, only planned small ones. Everything else.. training, eating, supplementation, is basic.

edit: oh also i'm at ~10% bodyfat and after this experience, the extra calories DO help. i can say that for a fact and its common consensus at this point

Last edited:
To most of you. The RAW numbers some of you are claiming seem quite inflated. Can we please see some vids to prove these outlandish claims???

LYNX, my dear u made me blush lol
im just a cute chubby kid tryn to make his way in the gym lol

as for inflated numbers, oh wait i posted no numbers, but id gladly post vids IF i were training for PL. if i drum up any old vids ill gladly post them

btw the meet i got hurt at i redlighted 2 attempts at 625 raw(bench)
- uneven lockout, yet still completed 2 consecutive reps

frk

LYNX, my dear u made me blush lol
im just a cute chubby kid tryn to make his way in the gym lol

as for inflated numbers, oh wait i posted no numbers, but id gladly post vids IF i were training for PL. if i drum up any old vids ill gladly post them

btw the meet i got hurt at i redlighted 2 attempts at 625 raw(bench)
- uneven lockout, yet still completed 2 consecutive reps

frk

Big deal! I tried 1000 raw and got red lighted, but I almost did it so that counts! Wait, it DOESN'T!!! Videos please......... I want to see some of these lifts

I'm 52 and 220lbs, I have been training for powerlifting a couple of years. I tried using gear and I wasn't smart enough to understand how to use it. I had some great teachers but I still couldn't get it. Right now my numbers are 335 bench, 455 squat and about 450 dead. Not impressive but thats the real numbers. I'm hoping to raise my numbers some before I compete again. I'm learning how to make my CNS deal with heavier weight and not be intimidated by it. J.R.

i said id post vids if i found any, seeing i havent competed in 4yrs i doubt i will. as for your 1000lb attempt, congrats on the almost.
remember buddy, its better to be a has been than a NEVER WAS
frk

Last edited:
i said id post vids if i found any, seeing i havent competed in 4yrs i doubt i will. as for your 1000lb attempt, congrats on the almost.
remember buddy, its better to be a has been than a NEVER WAS
frk

If I posted my name you would shit when you googled it.... Im def not a has been. If only you knew.....

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws