over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Arnold Pushing Vegetarianism

Equalizer

Registered
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSpglxHTJVM"]The Game Changers | Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I think you mistake some of his words. He stated most of your beliefs that you "need" high protein is due to marketing.

Arnold cashing checks

This right here, he’s taken it to a whole new level in recent years and it’s kinda made me lose respect for him which sucks because he’s my favorite everything. He really bends over hard now for any what I like to call “social media causes” brainwashing.

I never paid attention to his training ideas or followed his dieting ideas either. i always figured he was arrogant.

Seems like everyone is jumping on the vegan/vegetarianism-bandwagon nowadays. Heck, I even considered going vegan in the past years. Powerful lobby.

What he is doing now is also a bit marketing :D

That's irrelevant, his interview was to point out most people arent cognizant to the fact theyre being brainwashed.

Fat, lazy, and unhealthy people have little need to be pounding shitty forms of protein with little to no micronutrient value. He never said you should switch to a plant based diet or that the switch will make you healthier or a better athlete. As ive stated before, any high level nutritionist who are advocates for high protein diets usually suggest very high quality and expensive forms of protein; not pounding down burgers, lunch meat, and chicken 24/7 like most americans do.

While some people later on in the trailer did say that they had positive results from a plant based diet, that was based on their POV. THEY had better results after going plant based but that doesnt mean you will. You're an idiot if you dont believe plant based diets can have a positive impact in some type of athletic situations or in longevity. Typically strength spots ARENT in that category but there are a small niche of people that can achieve greater results with being plant based.

Last edited:
I have no doubt that their is an underlying political bias in the video...with most dems promoting global warming, cow flatulence, Meatless Mondays, etc.

That said, a plant based diet would be ideal for most people who tolerate them well from a digestive standpoint. Like with anything in regards to nutrition goals, it really depends on the individuals goals, and the context to which the food is consumed for that goal. Most people should definitely get in the habit of eating more fruits and vegetables, but that does not mean that eating good sources of animal foods/protein is bad for your health either. The video above I have not (and will not) watched, outside of the short clip displayed, so I can't comment on it much, but it appears to have an agenda and an extremist viewpoint. I think meat eaters, or say a type of carnivore style diet can also be an unnecessary extremist view as well. Let's cut out the last 8-12 weeks of a contest prep, that only pertains to a very small population. However, for the majority of the population, and even many here in non-contest mode would be doing themselves a huge health benefit by consuming more fruits and vegetables, along with their adequate daily protein, fats, and carbohydrates intakes. The macronutrient intake should be idealized for each person's goals. No reason to cut out fruit and vegetables, or animal proteins for that matter.

Animal protein is ideal imo, I prefer leaner sources and adding in healthier fats of my choice. Protein shines for it's effects on satiety, especially for dieting.

For non-competitors, or non-lifters, you can get by on much lower protein intakes, same for most guys here who have built a prior foundation of muscle. Look at John Meadows (I think Dorian Yates now too?) recent video where he states only eating at most of 100 grams of total dietary protein for the day. It really just depends on your goals, so if you are able to get away with lower amounts, it will give more opportunity for F&V's for health. For those wanting to gain mass, from a dietary standpoint only, i'd concentrate on overall calories, then structure your macros on your goal(s)...which will vary person to person. This is all getting off topic from the F/V question though.

i just figured he is pro vegan cuz he has had heart trouble and is aging and now advocates a diet for longevity. we all go thru different phases and chapters in our lives.
20 years ago i was foaming at the mouth to get on gear, now i regret it all together. doesnt make me a hypocrite just in a new chapter of my life.
not a big deal.... (I didnt watch the video tho)
-F2S

Last edited:
Always wonder what is better gmo pesticide diet vs meat spike with shit ton of hormones and antibiotics to minimise losses and maximise profit from production. If course organic only plant or meat sources would be ideal but not many people can afford that.

One of the guys in that movie - Damien Mander, I spent time in Africa at his anti poaching unit a few years ago

I actually have been vegan now for 1.5-2yrs, I am really glad I did it and have improved my quality of life (amongst other things) a good deal since doing so.

I never paid attention to his training ideas or followed his dieting ideas either. i always figured he was arrogant.

Nothing wrong with being arrogant, especially if it's earned.

As ive stated before, any high level nutritionist who are advocates for high protein diets usually suggest very high quality and expensive forms of protein; not pounding down burgers, lunch meat, and chicken 24/7 like most americans do.

Chicken, lean burger meat (which is essentially ground steak), and quality "lunch meats" (like roast beef, etc) are all very high-quality protein sources IMO, what could be better?

Nothing wrong with being arrogant, especially if it's earned.

Chicken, lean burger meat (which is essentially ground steak), and quality "lunch meats" (like roast beef, etc) are all very high-quality protein sources IMO, what could be better?

Chicken nuggets, fast food burgers, and highly processed lunch meats like bologna. THATS what the general population eats bruh.

Chicken nuggets, fast food burgers, and highly processed lunch meats like bologna. THATS what the general population eats bruh.

It's different everywhere, lots of hippie families in the 60s and 70s rallied against this, my friends and family generally don't eat this kind of stuff and never have, even as kids. I think a HUGE number of people don't buy into what the foods commercials and pop culture says everyone is eating. Maybe like half of people might eat this way but at least half don't.

What he is doing now is also a bit marketing :D

He is the king of this! And its ok. He is in America and why fuck with him because he wants to make money. None of us have to listen and like you said probably not respect him as much. Reminds me of KISS. Fuck I use to love KISS

Agreed. Someone said we should primarily eat foods that at one time either walked, swam, flew, or was grown :D

It's different everywhere, lots of hippie families in the 60s and 70s rallied against this, my friends and family generally don't eat this kind of stuff and never have, even as kids. I think a HUGE number of people don't buy into what the foods commercials and pop culture says everyone is eating. Maybe like half of people might eat this way but at least half don't.

then u live in a rich educated isolated community if you think that.
go to a normal supermarket (ie Walmart or HEB) and look at what families are buying. its all SHIT.
Then look around and see how many people you see obese, fat, and that can barely walk. They are the MAJORITY.
The obesity epidemic is ruining our country. you are the FIRST and only person i have EVER heard say "most people dont eat fast food and corn syrup sodas and etc)
what island do you live on? lol
i know you are a smart dude so busting a lil balls here but for real if you believe what you wrote why is there an obesity epidemic?
-F2S

Arnold has become a puppet of the far left, he promotes what his masters instruct him to

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131