over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Artificial sweeteners

Sweeteners themselves are not bad, I use a good bit of Truvia (don't use store brand knock off though). You have to be careful with splenda though. It is not so much that sucralose in of itself is bad, but each packet also uses maltodextrin as a filler to give it more body. Each is at least one gram of dextrose and contains 4 calories. Nothing crazy, but when guys are using 30-40 or even more packets a day, that shit adds up.
All the packets of any sweetener are like that. The geniuses at those companies thought “So what’s a good filler for our sugar free substitute packets? Oh, I know, sugar!”

The liquids are a much better option since they’re just the sugar sub in water (maybe some coloring).

All the packets of any sweetener are like that. The geniuses at those companies thought “So what’s a good filler for our sugar free substitute packets? Oh, I know, sugar!”
This is awfully sad but true, they actually follow a similar "Logic" for quite a few things
Thanks for the laugh 😅

I pull them due to the gut distention I can sometimes get at the tail end when I am abusing artificial sweeteners - key word here is “abusing”. Think SIBO like symptoms, it gets ugly and painful.

As @b-boy stated however, this is not a general rule people should just blindly follow. If you notice issues, pull them, if not…no need. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
True though I’ll say I came up in the gallon of crystal light everywhere you go days and eventually switched to ALRI chained out aminos which was better but got $$$$ so just went to water and now if I don’t drink plain water all day I get headaches I mean any deviation like tea or large amounts of aminos, I still will do a shaker of aminos but the body seems to want plain water imo

Bumping this to share my experience.

This year I've consumed more artificial sweeteners than ever while dieting and by a large amount. Water has been the minority of what I've drank - it's mostly been Kool Aid zero sugar, Gatorade Zero, Powerade Zero, diet soda, and zero sugar tea.

I can 100% say this didn't hinder me getting shredded in any way - I'm the most shredded I've ever been in my life right now. Could I be a bit better if I dropped the artificial sweeteners? Possibly. But I'd rather enjoy drinking whatever I want.

Unless you have issues like digestion with sweeteners I see no reason to ever cut them. If a few grams of maltodextrin prevents you from getting lean then you're not dieting hard enough.

Bumping this to share my experience.

This year I've consumed more artificial sweeteners than ever while dieting and by a large amount. Water has been the minority of what I've drank - it's mostly been Kool Aid zero sugar, Gatorade Zero, Powerade Zero, diet soda, and zero sugar tea.

I can 100% say this didn't hinder me getting shredded in any way - I'm the most shredded I've ever been in my life right now. Could I be a bit better if I dropped the artificial sweeteners? Possibly. But I'd rather enjoy drinking whatever I want.

Unless you have issues like digestion with sweeteners I see no reason to ever cut them. If a few grams of maltodextrin prevents you from getting lean then you're not dieting hard enough.
I agree fake sugar isn’t the reason a diet fails just for me I love water my body loves water. I prefer it to flavored stuff 1,000% I do like say San Pelligrino with lime no as far as diet sodas I’d rather be thirsty and wait for water than drink a Diet Coke.

I never saw any real hardship with drinking plain water. I drank 1-2 gallons a day year round for decades with no issues with its. use. I saw real benefit to taking in something else with the water that i didn't need and may not be good for me. But i never thought i was supposed to be happy, feel good all the time or like everything i do.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131