YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Baby Boomers are Coming Out of the Woodwork!

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
While the contest I'm doing on Saturday is the best attended in our state (both audience and competitors - been sold out for over a month), the Masters classes, esp over 50 have not been real competitive.

They have a Mens Master 40 and Master 50, then winners compete for Masters Overall. Last year there were two competitors in the Master 50 class. The year before there were three competitors. Last night I was told there were so many entrants that they made a Masters over 60 class. There ended up being 8 competitors in the Masters 50 class!!

I'm on day 3 of carb deplete and water load. Last night I nearly blew it! I'm usually a VERY sound sleeper. The last week I have been having trouble sleeping. I lay on top of the covers in my underwear, sweating up a storm. I got up in the middle of the night with this DRASTIC craving for food. Now I know that since I haven't had any carbs in several days, that's what I was craving. I went into the kitchen - and my mission was to eat! Well - I have this large bag of turkey meat I grabbed and started eating away. After eating about 4 - 5 oz, I realized that this was not satisfying my craving - I could have ate the whole bag (about 2 pounds) and wanted more. So - I just gutted it up and went back to bed :(

xcel

Last edited:
You da man Xcell.

Way to hang in there bro.

Kick some old guy ass. :)

Xcel,

Hey bro, I know the feeling...The last few weeks before my show last year I was the same way...

chris

You are in the over 60 class right? :D

Re: Babby Boomers are Coming Out of the Woodwork!

Hang in there, my man!!!

I'd be willing to bet that not too many (if any) of the Master's competitors have been preparing and suffereing like you. Your satisfaction will come and it will be deserved!!!

BTW, are you doing the open class, too?...

-Randy

NICE TO SEE IT WILL BE A REAL COMPETITION AND TURNOUT IN THE MASTERS

good luck--stay tough!!

Re: Re: Babby Boomers are Coming Out of the Woodwork!

homonunculus said:
Hang in there, my man!!!

I'd be willing to bet that not too many (if any) of the Master's competitors have been preparing and suffereing like you. Your satisfaction will come and it will be deserved!!!

BTW, are you doing the open class, too?...

-Randy
Hell - I still qualify for the NOVICE CLASS - LOL!!! :( :D

Just go in and do my best. I still feel like I'm the competition!

Originally posted by Steak Helmet
KEN69

He is in the 50 class

still a young buck :)

HE KNOWS!!!! :mad: :D

xcel

Novice, Open, Masters...

Xcel,

Are you actually doing the novice?...

Wonder if anyone has ever seen / heard of a master's level competitor winning the novice and the open overall (?). Actually, anyone winning both novice and overall is pretty impressive!

-R

Randy - remember, you and I exchanged PMs about this contest?

The novice middleweight had to be broken into three subcategories as they got 28 advance registrations!!

xcel

Oh yeah!

I haven't forgotten, my Friend. Just some of the details seem to slip d/t my early onset dementia... LOL.

28 middleweights - outrageous. I do remember that now, but don't remember about the subcategories. Light-middle, middle-middle and heavy-middle?... ;) Sounds like they'll have to do some major cuts at the PJ.

-Randy

I think that they were talking about splitting it up something like 154-161, 163-168, 169-174 - at prejudging. I don't know if they'd then take the winners of each subcategory and compare for middleweight winner. If they did all this at prejudging, it would definately take the suspense out of who's going to place in the class!

I believe they were doing this so that "all" the competitors would not have to stand on stage "relaxed" for over half an hour! :)

xcel

Gotcha

I can see that pissing some people off, i.e., the guys who are close to the limit in one of the subcategories.

Doesn't quite seem right for the guys in the upper subdivision. Imagine the guy who comes in at 176, places just out of the money in that subcategory, and is placed lower that a guy who gets 2nd in the lowest subcategory (but is the same height, lets say), b/c there are only a few competitors in that subcategory.

Wouldn't be too hard just to keep the class together, bring out 8-10 at at time, cut the bottom 5, and end up with ~10 competitors for the final comparisons. This would probably do a good job of making sure that the best 6 in the class are there to be compared and get into the finals...

Will be interesting to hear what they come up with...

-Randy

Good News, Bad News

I CAN'T SLEEP! This Demadex is making me pee about every 1/2 hour. And I was worried about getting dry enough! LOL If my lips get any more "chapped," they're gonna fall off.

I checked-in last night and saw all of the "ol' gang" most of the guys I competed with are now involved in running shows. I went in and "rubbed elbows" and breezed past the test.

Of course, nobody really remembers me, they were just being nice. I talked a fair bit with the Head Judge who also happens to do quite well at the National Level (bbing). He said he didn't remember my face but that maybe he'll remember my physique - I hope not (I now look 200% BETTER than before :D ). I'm afraid there's already some "politicing" going on in my class :( . He said "so-so" is competeing in my class and that he wrote the book on how to win that class (made it sound like he had it in the bag). GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO BE THE ONE TO COMPARE AGAINST HIM!

xcel

Good Luck, Bro

What a bunch of BS, eh?... "Wrote the book?..." Hmmm, well if he's that good, this must be a tune-up before he goes to Pittsburgh to take Nationals..
And if that's the case - all the BETTER! You'll now have compared yourself to the best. If he wins and shouldn't have, the crowd will let you know. I would love to see a show where they "poll the audience" to compare w/ the judges opinions.

Xcel, you've already won, my man. You know you've paid the piper and it shows. Everyone else will know, too.

Looking forward to the full show report... 8^)

-Randy

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity