YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Been on Clomid mono for three years, time for TRT?

dale338

Registered
feel the time might be approaching for me to consider TRT. And if I do, I will be cruising and blasting. :)

I'm looking for other guys in or that have been in my situation and some advice.
My history summarized: 49 years old.

1. Had lower T symptoms starting about 4 years ago. T was 503 at the time with nothing.

2. Went to one of those clip joint male clinics, was put on hcg, it lowered my T to 330 and I felt like death. Quit going, did my own research and came up with clomid cycling

3. Started 20mg of Clomid every THIRD day, (thats key, low dosing) T went up to 750-780. I felt strong at the gym and was gaining strength and muscle quickly!

4. started "cycling that dose of Clomid at 2 months on it, 1 month off. Sides were there, but bearable. After 2 years of doing this, my T was in the 650-690 range.

5. Well into my third year and at the peak of doing 20mg every third day, I've noticed a drop in my overall masculine nature so I check labs again, while on clomid at above does. T is now 585. So it's dropped significantly. I don't think it's working the same anymore.

6. Go off Clomid for 30 days and T is now 477, with nothing in my system. T at 477 has left me having serious sex drive issues and erection difficulties. Although still able to do the deed, it's just lowered overall.

I'm seriously considering to T-C injections and just cruising and blasting for the rest of my life. Or for as I can workout. I want to implement a steady plan using HCG and a A-I and monitor labs. I've never done a cycle or steroid my entire life and have actually been waiting until I was ready to go on TRT therapy to do cycles, as at that point, you're shutting yourself down completely anyhow, so why not?

Would you suggest upping Clomid first and seeing if that raises me back to where I was, or just leaving this alone and going on TRT? At 49, it's inevitably coming, so why not just do this now? I do have the classic sides with Clomid, light brain fog, occasional moodiness and such. But it's not serve. I think I'm just done with this stuff. Is there anything else I can try that works like Clomid to naturally bump up T?

I'm open to any advice anyone has.

Labs:

4-2015: T was 729, using about 15mg Clomid every third day. Free T was 19.9 and E was 20

11-2015 T was 692 using about 15mg Clomid every third day Free T was 17.6 and E was 19.4

8-2016 T was 648 using about 15mg Clomid every third day. Free T was 15.8 and E was 17.4

4-2017 T was 585 using about 15mg Clomid every third day. Free T was 14.6 and E was 19.2

I'm going to up my dose of Clomid to 12.5mg EOD instead of every third day. I think this will spike my E a little so I will use very small doses of arimidex as needed if I get high E symptoms. I'm going to retest in in three weeks. If the numbers don't bump back up, it's TRT time. I will NOT live with my T being below 600. Not happening and higher doses of Clomid make me cranky as hell.

Any thoughts.

Clomid is still stimulating you after 30 days, that is why you are high, go off the clomid for a few months and you will be way under 500.

500 is very good for 50 years old btw, your symptoms of low T were probably from something else.

SERMS are not good for HRT, you want testosterone if you need HRT.

Well I know I hoover around 500 with no clomid, but I'll tell you what, 500 is just not gonna cut for this ole boy. Ive been a natural gym rat my entire life since age 15 and this is how I self indentfiy and feel good about life. I'm going to check numbers post three weeks of increased clomid and then again after 45 days off and if they are below 500, I'm staring TRT.

You think I could bring back natural numbers if I just did a 12 week blast at age 50? You think I could use Clomid and HCG and return to 500? I doubt it. So why not face the inevitable at age 49. Sure, I could use this SERM or that one and eek out what? 2-5 years max and feel crappy from the sides, or just start pinning some T and feel 30 again.

This is my logic. So many say with natural numbers around 500, not to do it, but I don't feel like my old self. When First started Clomid and spiked to 770 and stayed there for a few months, I felt pretty good minus the Clomid sides. So I know it's the T. All other labs were optimal and perfect.

Last edited:
sounds like you would benefit from TRT if your goal is to have upper normal range Test....think of all the needles you saved if you had started at 29 hahaha (sorry just a light hearted joke).

You made it to almost 50 without TRT and now you want to jump on and get up to 800-1000 and sometimes blast over (OK I think to blast 1000-2000 for a little while as long as you jump back down to normal ranges mainly and cruise and stick with that if any health issues arise). Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I take it you have researched all of the downsides of having elevated testosterone thoroughly? Some of them are a downright bitch to deal with and will cut your life shorter if you mess up with it.

feel the time might be approaching for me to consider TRT. And if I do, I will be cruising and blasting. :)

I'm looking for other guys in or that have been in my situation and some advice.
My history summarized: 49 years old.

1. Had lower T symptoms starting about 4 years ago. T was 503 at the time with nothing.

2. Went to one of those clip joint male clinics, was put on hcg, it lowered my T to 330 and I felt like death. Quit going, did my own research and came up with clomid cycling

3. Started 20mg of Clomid every THIRD day, (thats key, low dosing) T went up to 750-780. I felt strong at the gym and was gaining strength and muscle quickly!

4. started "cycling that dose of Clomid at 2 months on it, 1 month off. Sides were there, but bearable. After 2 years of doing this, my T was in the 650-690 range.

5. Well into my third year and at the peak of doing 20mg every third day, I've noticed a drop in my overall masculine nature so I check labs again, while on clomid at above does. T is now 585. So it's dropped significantly. I don't think it's working the same anymore.

6. Go off Clomid for 30 days and T is now 477, with nothing in my system. T at 477 has left me having serious sex drive issues and erection difficulties. Although still able to do the deed, it's just lowered overall.

I'm seriously considering to T-C injections and just cruising and blasting for the rest of my life. Or for as I can workout. I want to implement a steady plan using HCG and a A-I and monitor labs. I've never done a cycle or steroid my entire life and have actually been waiting until I was ready to go on TRT therapy to do cycles, as at that point, you're shutting yourself down completely anyhow, so why not?

Would you suggest upping Clomid first and seeing if that raises me back to where I was, or just leaving this alone and going on TRT? At 49, it's inevitably coming, so why not just do this now? I do have the classic sides with Clomid, light brain fog, occasional moodiness and such. But it's not serve. I think I'm just done with this stuff. Is there anything else I can try that works like Clomid to naturally bump up T?

I'm open to any advice anyone has.

Labs:

4-2015: T was 729, using about 15mg Clomid every third day. Free T was 19.9 and E was 20

11-2015 T was 692 using about 15mg Clomid every third day Free T was 17.6 and E was 19.4

8-2016 T was 648 using about 15mg Clomid every third day. Free T was 15.8 and E was 17.4

4-2017 T was 585 using about 15mg Clomid every third day. Free T was 14.6 and E was 19.2

I'm going to up my dose of Clomid to 12.5mg EOD instead of every third day. I think this will spike my E a little so I will use very small doses of arimidex as needed if I get high E symptoms. I'm going to retest in in three weeks. If the numbers don't bump back up, it's TRT time. I will NOT live with my T being below 600. Not happening and higher doses of Clomid make me cranky as hell.

Any thoughts.
T in the 500s is not low... that is on the lower end of "normal range" but that is not low T. Serious question, does the Clomid make you emotional/ do you cry ? I am afraid to run it for pct this time around for that reason

Sent from my SM-G955U using Professional Muscle mobile app

T in the 500s is not low... that is on the lower end of "normal range" but that is not low T. Serious question, does the Clomid make you emotional/ do you cry ? I am afraid to run it for pct this time around for that reason

I think his point is that he knows that and he knows he doesn't have a medical problem PER SE, but he still wants to enhance himself. I stand by my advice, if he knows the risks fully of going on testosterone (there are a few that are very concerning and you need to research) then more power to him if he wants to be 800 instead of 500 the rest of his life. Do you agree with that thinking?

I do get moods from it, but not outright crying. I'd say light brain fog, easily irritable, a dull sense about sex, but I can still have good sex, just not as easily turned on. Keep in mind, I've been on it for going on three years, lower dose, so I have adapted to the sides some. Not sure if they if I have just become used to them, or they have faded. I'm upping my dose to try and get my T back into the 700's, so the sides have come back some.

I think his point is that he knows that and he knows he doesn't have a medical problem PER SE, but he still wants to enhance himself. I stand by my advice, if he knows the risks fully of going on testosterone (there are a few that are very concerning and you need to research) then more power to him if he wants to be 800 instead of 500 the rest of his life. Do you agree with that thinking?

I know the risks. I have a LOT of hair, that could thin out or be lost, but unlikely as everything I've done before has not affected my hair much. Prostate issues, cholesterol will need to be monitored, etc. But what is the alternative? Lose muscle mass I spent years building, or at the very best just maintain it? Remain on Clomid and deal with the frequent moody sides? I know TRT is within the next three years for me. I can hold T levels around 500 for now, but in three years, what 450? I'm too old to do cycles and expect to rebound back to even those level. At 49, I go doing a cycle and I'm certain that even with the best PCT plan, I'd be shut down or remain below 400. I have thought of trying a few cycles with PCT, just see to see if it kills off my natural endo system and then taking up TRT. If not, then do 1-2 cycles per year until it does. But something tells me, at my age at PCT would be an ugly mess. LOL.

That said, I am going to give Clomid a few more weeks at a higher dose and see where I settle in. If I'm able to drive things back up into the 700 range, then I'll hold off. Another side I get from higher dosing of Clomid is aching joints and I tear or rip things much easier. That would not be a side on TRT.

Clomid can be an evil medication, but it does work.

If a dude wants to juice then let him juice, if he wants a little test then let him bump a little test... I am 27 years old and didn't touch a thing 2 years last month got tested my natural test levels were 450.... so if he is 500 at age 50... that's doing pretty damn good in my opinion

I'm kind of in the same situation as you. Been on clomid for 4 years, and honestly it sucks. My testosterone was good and has been steadily dropping over the years at the same dose and the side effects for me have gotten worse and worse. Been thinking of going on hrt as well but don't know a good doctor that is affordable AND KNOWS HIS STUFF. Anyone know anyone affordable online? Takes insurance? Want injectable too, no creams.

I'm kind of in the same situation as you. Been on clomid for 4 years, and honestly it sucks. My testosterone was good and has been steadily dropping over the years at the same dose and the side effects for me have gotten worse and worse. Been thinking of going on hrt as well but don't know a good doctor that is affordable AND KNOWS HIS STUFF. Anyone know anyone affordable online? Takes insurance? Want injectable too, no creams.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your numbers? I say we jump in TRT together right here. LOL. Clomid is an evil medication. I'm tired of it. I'm ready to blast twice a year and just cruise. Why not just get your own gear, own labs, some HCG, an A-1 and cruise yourself. Most of the docs just shove your file away and check on you every six months while you suffer with raging E spikes and improper dosing. Honestly, many here are doing better monitoring and self medicating. If I decide to go on TRT here in the next few weeks, that is the route I'm going.

Check out a men's health clinic. Some take insurance. Mine does :)

If you don't mind me asking, what are your numbers? I say we jump in TRT together right here. LOL. Clomid is an evil medication. I'm tired of it. I'm ready to blast twice a year and just cruise. Why not just get your own gear, own labs, some HCG, an A-1 and cruise yourself. Most of the docs just shove your file away and check on you every six months while you suffer with raging E spikes and improper dosing. Honestly, many here are doing better monitoring and self medicating. If I decide to go on TRT here in the next few weeks, that is the route I'm going.

What you say about the doctors is EXACTLY what I'm dealing with. In fact when I started 25mg eod and my estrogen was above range the only reason an anti was talked about was because I broight it up. And he said well here have a script for arimidex. Last visit he didnt even care to know what my estrogen levels were. I had one doctor (who is a primary care aka don't know shit) tell me when my estrogen didnt register because my anti was too high that I didn't need estrogen in my body cuz I'm a male. YEA I LOST IT when that was said, but primary doctors don't know. Im feeling the same way about the self prescribing situation. I'll post again with lab numbers shortly.

Hey sorry I didn't get back yesterday was ridiculously busy. My labs went like this at first they started me out with 50mg eod and my test which was seriously low, under 200 was brought up to about 700- which was ok but my estrogen went up high I think it was 68. (I was on 50mg eod for about 6months). So instead or giving me an anti he had me cut my dose in half so I was and up till now had been taking 25mg eod. My next lab after the decrease in MG test was around 500-600. Estrogen fell in range. My next lab was around 500 but my estrogen was high again which he didnt care but I ended saying something which I mentioned in my other post. Then the next one was in the 400's, I may have had another one in the 400's as well but my last one was in the 300's. With the side effects of clomid and dealing with getting my estrogen right and in place it's a constant battle. As of right now I stopped clomid for the last 3 weeks and have just been trying to keep my estrogen down. Not sure if I'm battling having low test symptoms from only being in the 400's or if the side effects are just killing my body. I've been battling extreme fatigue/adrenal issues and I'm not sure what it is from. It's either low test or clomid constantly causing a cortisol heightening and then added stress kills me. So I've stopped clomid for about 3 weeks now and I'm seeing how I feel. I know mentally I feel A LOT different and normal. Other thing is this, getting estrogen right sucks. My estrogen was too low for a little while and I literally couldn't sleep longer than 45mins before being woken up. And doctors who don't give a crap about estrogen numbers are an issue. It wasn't until I took it upon myself to cut my dose of arimidex that I started to get better and feel better. When my estrogen was too low I felt HORRIBLE. But their answer was to drug me to sleep (which also didn't work) and to give me xanax. As soon as I cut my dose or arimidex I began sleeping again. Like I said I'm with you km not sure what to do either. A good doctor that is affordable,covered by insurance would be great.

Last edited:
My current situation (if i was still taking clomid ) with labs is 25mg eod clomid with .5 arimidex ed and my numbers are around 300-400 test and around 16-25 estrogen. Have another lab soon, like said not sure what to do.

Hey sorry I didn't get back yesterday was ridiculously busy. My labs went like this at first they started me out with 50mg eod and my test which was seriously low, under 200 was brought up to about 700- which was ok but my estrogen went up high I think it was 68. (I was on 50mg eod for about 6months). So instead or giving me an anti he had me cut my dose in half so I was and up till now had been taking 25mg eod. My next lab after the decrease in MG test was around 500-600. Estrogen fell in range. My next lab was around 500 but my estrogen was high again which he didnt care but I ended saying something which I mentioned in my other post. Then the next one was in the 400's, I may have had another one in the 400's as well but my last one was in the 300's. With the side effects of clomid and dealing with getting my estrogen right and in place it's a constant battle. As of right now I stopped clomid for the last 3 weeks and have just been trying to keep my estrogen down. Not sure if I'm battling having low test symptoms from only being in the 400's or if the side effects are just killing my body. I've been battling extreme fatigue/adrenal issues and I'm not sure what it is from. It's either low test or clomid constantly causing a cortisol heightening and then added stress kills me. So I've stopped clomid for about 3 weeks now and I'm seeing how I feel. I know mentally I feel A LOT different and normal. Other thing is this, getting estrogen right sucks. My estrogen was too low for a little while and I literally couldn't sleep longer than 45mins before being woken up. And doctors who don't give a crap about estrogen numbers are an issue. It wasn't until I took it upon myself to cut my dose of arimidex that I started to get better and feel better. When my estrogen was too low I felt HORRIBLE. But their answer was to drug me to sleep (which also didn't work) and to give me xanax. As soon as I cut my dose or arimidex I began sleeping again. Like I said I'm with you km not sure what to do either. A good doctor that is affordable,covered by insurance would be great.

In my humble opinion, you definitely should consider just going straight on TRT and getting everything dialed in from what you state. If I was taking even 25mg EOD of clomid, my test would be above 800 most likely. But the sides are TERRIBLE! Sex drive in the toiler, erection problems and so on.

I'm giving up Clomid and just going straight to TRT. at 50, I can easily hold my numbers around 500 with nothing else added and everyone tells me to wait, but I still don;t feel like myself. I still do not have a good libido. I feel if I can TRT and keep my level around 800-900, and my E below 25, I'll be good to go. If Clomid did not have all the sides, I would gladly continue to use it before shutting myself down.

Last night, I was to have sex with my girlfriend who I'm not kidding you in a 9.9 in the hot department and I could not perform with 100mg of viagra in me. That was the final straw for me. It's the freaking Clomid. Aching joints, oily face, low sex drive. The only positive is my workouts are strong. Once i get into my workout, I can feel the testosterone it gives me, but it's just not worth it anymore.

I am left with two choices. Test around 500, feeling weaker, less driven, or go on TRT therapy and that is what I have chosen. Supplies are on the way! I'm done playing footsies with my hormones. I'm blasting and cruising and going to feel good again.

Last edited:
Yea I totally understand your making the move with trt. I'm leaning that way with you. Youre probably going to feel 100 times better. Blessings! I wish you nothing but the best!!

Well no more Clomid, did my first ever T-Cip injection today at 150mg. I know they claim you cannot feel the T for a few weeks, but I definitely feel it. Maybe because my numbers were in the 600's from the Clomid to begin with?

Injection went smooth, could not even feel the needle go in, ended up pushing on it hard as I thought it wasn't in. haha. Next thing I notice it the oil was fairly hard to push out. Really had to apply the thumb on the 25 gauger to get it all in me. No pain whatsoever during that. A few minutes later, I could feel it. Light dull pain. Over the next fifteen minutes, I felt sort of nauseous and my heart was beating a little. Could have just been from the whole needle experience. Ate some food and felt better. About two hours later, I started feeling it. As in for real. My brain seemed to just turn on. Very heightened awareness and nice pleasant happy feeling. Not feeling any pumped type higher T thing yet, but for sure, mental clarity and a sense of well being.

I plan to do 150mg for three weeks and check labs. I'll split this into 2-75mg doses per week. My first shot was 150, to get myself going and will be doing 75mg from there. Not sure if they higher dose was a good idea, but I need to see what some non Clomid generated T feels like. So far so good.

Last edited:
Clomid

HI guys,
I did take lots of clomid when I was cycling age 27-32, it made me very sensible and droping tears at every romantic movie.
I will be like this for the rest of my life.
Mood changes as well, I get very rapidly very upset and I have problem to control my self

Clomid

For the last 12 years I am clean.
My Natural T it is quite low.
For several years I tried to boost my T naturaly , everything fail.
One thing worked and it is working very well, it is fasting.
Of course I lost all my gains,my first fast 10 days on fruits and 7 days only water fast.
I lost 66 pounds, I was not overweight notfat,185cm, 91kg, age 43 that time
All my muscles just went away extremly fast,lost few kg per day at begining.
But just few days after the fast I felt much better.
It is over 2 years from this fast, I had other 2 water fasts but only 5 days each.
Always felt good.
I tried as well royal jelly and I can confirm it works 10x better then primo, it increases t levels and you feel so good in general.

I hope this info helps you guys.
Be very carefull with clomid as well with other AS.
several years after you take them they still can affect you.
I would be so happy if I would listen to the older guys when they advice me not to take AS.
Wanted to have everything and I had it, muscles, money, girls, confidence, agresivness when needed.
Now it is the pay back time.
I order over 2 yeras Sust and primo, still have them and still thinking to start small cycles 250 sus +100 primo per week, 8 weeks.
But in the same time I am afraid to f ck up myself even worst then I am.
Brasco

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity