over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best Glute/Hams exercise?

I do good mornings with a band for warm ups every lower body day. Nothing touches a real ghr in my opinion.

Synthetek Industries – Innovative Bodybuilding Products: Syntherol SEO | Human Kyno | L-Carnitine | Liver Protectants | Appetite Stimulators | Vasodilators - www.synthetek.com

Here is a piece I did.

**broken link removed**

In addition to that I like heavy RDL's and the GHR

Definitely RDL's

I would say GHR but most people don't do them right to make them effective.

But when done right, they are #1 IMO.

GHRs no question but I don't have access to a machine often. I found 3-4" deficit SL DLs help my conventional pull more than anything.

This video is great, I get bored doing the same hamstring routine at the gym, Ive been meaning to time myself instead of counting reps but always end up doing the same thing. Def pumped for tomorrow's leg session.

Try some Jefferson deadlift... They are a great hammie movement! A solid addition to any hammie workout

Start with taking an EFS short green band and doing 100 reps of seated band abductions before any of your squat/deadlift workouts to restore activation of the Glute medius. I tend to put the band around my knees as I'm doing warm-ups for the squats. It's important to activate these tissues or the Hamstrings will become dominant and could lead to ACL issues. I do seated band abductions between each and every set of squats that I do from the bar all the way up to 700lbs. Since I don't use equipment, I need to make sure my glutes are firing right in order for the movement sequence to be in order. I use a lot of principles from the DNS school (i.e. The stuff Chris Duffin is talking about). It is important to make sure that you have good training partners that know how to lift. Studies have shown that not effectively packing your neck (Stuart McGill version NOT Mark Rippetoe BS) can shut off spinal erector activity/stability and cause issues in the glutes/hamstrings. Also, depending on leverages various movements work for some that may not work for others. Dimel Deadlifts, front squats, glute hams, pullthroughs for high reps, and creatively pairing exercises are great ways to develop these areas. Main thing that I do is focus on reps and/or sequencing of exercises to promote stimulation for glute activation. For Hamstrings, do banded hamstring work before days you squat/deadlift. Hope this helps...

Glute kick backs. Was doing them on the leg press/hack squat previous to getting a kick back machine.

Gotta agree with SBD4lift. One of my training partners just left the NFL as a strength coach and has a masters in some science/sports related field. Don;t remember. But he got me doing exactly what SBD4life describes and for my problem, bulged discs L4/L5, stenosis, arthritis and bone spurs, the most glaring deficiency was medial glutes. My weakest area that I really hammer three days a week is to lie on your back, heels up close to glutes, small band around knees, then:
1. Push knees apart, stretch band
2. Drive hips to the ceiling while keeping knees open
3. return hips to the floor, band still stretched open
4. bring knees together
repeat.

This set my medial glutes on fire for about three weeks, now they just seriously pump up the hips and get them ready for squats/deads. Has really helped. In short, banded abductions help!

Here is a piece I did.

**broken link removed**

In addition to that I like heavy RDL's and the GHR
Great thread and Ill read this when I have time thanks for sharing!!!I always wished my gym had a GHR machine...Does anyone have a good idea article/video of how to do these without such equipment...At my gym we have only barbells dumbells and few machines which are very cheap low quality machines with whole stack on just about every machine being to light for even average bber or powerlifter...We do have a hyperextension though its not even parallel,its at a 45 degree angel so Ill prop that up on a bench just do do regular hypers...

Reverse Hypers
Inverse Curls
Good mornings
Concentric good mornings
Glute Ham Raises
Heavy Sled dragging
Weighted 45 degree back extensions
Mikesell pull throughs
Back Attack
Belt Squats
Walking in the belt squat
Static holds in the belt squat

Some of these are machines specifically for the exercises. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

I love RDL/SLDLs. When I couldn't deadlift from the ground due to an injury they saved me. When I went back to deadlifting my pull was within 15 or so lbs of my PB.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131