over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Best Picture EVER!

I am fortunate enough to be a member of a pretty hardcore place where the gym owner, former bodybuilder and powerlifting competitor, more or less lives. He doesn't care how much it costs, he's going to buy us the best he can afford. That means refurbished vintage equipment as well as modern analogs; no expense spared despite him probably really not having a whole lot of capital to work with. $50/month and feel very fortunate
I trained in a gym like this for years. Thompson fat pads on all benches, strongman pit, powerlifting cage, dumbells up to 210, nautilus pullover, buckets of chains, a SS bar, anything you could want. And they went out of business due to covid. Worst day of my life

It is. They never learn gym etiquette cause there’s not enough huge hardcore guys in there to say something about it
In my gym, there are plenty of "hardcore" guys who are slobs/inconsiderate assholes who leave plates on machines or bars. They don't give a shit and think because they're big they have carte blanche. It's a given that any Hammer Strength machine, Leg Press, and/or Belt Squat will have plates sitting on them because the jerk off who used it last couldn't be bothered to take them off. This is one thing that has changed a lot over the years since I was a youngster in the gym.

In my gym, there are plenty of "hardcore" guys who are slobs/inconsiderate assholes who leave plates on machines or bars. They don't give a shit and think because they're big they have carte blanche. It's a given that any Hammer Strength machine, Leg Press, and/or Belt Squat will have plates sitting on them because the jerk off who used it last couldn't be bothered to take them off. This is one thing that has changed a lot over the years since I was a youngster in the gym.
The owner of my favorite gym is real tough on members that do that shit. He gives them one or two warnings and then after that he revokes their membership. He doesnt put up with it. I loved that about him. The gym was always very neat and orderly. He is a retired marine and highway patrolman.

My gyms pretty orderly as well. Dumbbells only go to 120 but they're mostly in the racks if not being used.
Most members (when I regularly train) are pretty respectful and clean up after themselves. Equipments in good condition
and well maintained. Lots of crossFit but we all seem to get along. There's a few fudge nuggets in love with their phones
that I just block out. Other than that I'm in & out and about my day. I've got a pretty good thing going.

The owner of my favorite gym is real tough on members that do that shit. He gives them one or two warnings and then after that he revokes their membership. He doesnt put up with it. I loved that about him. The gym was always very neat and orderly. He is a retired marine and highway patrolman.
The owner is never around and even then he doesn't strike me as the type who would have a confrontation. He's probably more worried about surviving and making rent rather than enforcing rules and possibly alienating members. I wish our gym's owner was more like yours but he might be afraid of losing members (and his business altogether).

Do y’all strip the leg press all the way down? I sometimes leave one plate, i figure even 14 year old girls use 2 plates for work sets….

Do y’all strip the leg press all the way down? I sometimes leave one plate, i figure even 14 year old girls use 2 plates for work sets….
Heck no. Get tossed for doing that. Everything should be back on its proper peg. Having the weight on there all the time adds stress to the machine as well.

Heck no. Get tossed for doing that. Everything should be back on its proper peg. Having the weight on there all the time adds stress to the machine as well.

Touché. I’ll be a better gym rat. I just mentally think 1 plate is like a empty barbell on the rack. It’s the starting weight.

But thank you for checking my douche-ness

Touché. I’ll be a better gym rat. I just mentally think 1 plate is like a empty barbell on the rack. It’s the starting weight.

But thank you for checking my douche-ness
Yeah, it's easy to reason that. I used to wonder if I was just making more work for the next person, but having the weight on the carriage does add stress if it's there 24 hrs a day. There is also the occasional lady that uses less then 45 lb plates.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws