over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BP MEDS

mp5navy187

Banned
Dr gave me a low dose blood pressure medication and durectic lisinopril hctz its a 2in1 pill anyone ever taken it before?

My bp isnt crazy high but mild 130/82 currently on test E

Dr gave me a low dose blood pressure medication and durectic lisinopril hctz its a 2in1 pill anyone ever taken it before?

Damn, I don't consider that too high for being "on." Is that TRT dose or more? Mine is often hovering around 130 even with cardio. On higher doses, I self medicate with sustained release propranolol to keep it in the 130 range or lower.

Last edited:
I take the same thing. It's very mild and has zero side effects (on me). Plus the diuretic will help keep a little water off you if you are bloating from the T.

250 a week
Damn, I don't consider that too high for being "on." Is that TRT dose or more? Mine is often hovering around 130 even with cardio. On higher doses, I self medicate with sustained release propranolol to keep it in the 130 range or lower.

I take the same thing. It's very mild and has zero side effects (on me). Plus the diuretic will help keep a little water off you if you are bloating from the T.
I've been on it for a weak and i pee so much also I have dropped inches and lost about 5 lbs since Been on I'm leaner ya but my clothes don't fit the same lol

I take the exact same medication, I haven't had any side effects except it makes me pee a lot .i surprised your doc put you on bp Meds , your blood pressure is pretty good

Most Dr's get more concerned with the diastolic number. 82 is pre -hypertensive if memory serves…however you don't need the diuretic, thats usually when someone is in the 90's and has high systolic as well 170-200.
lisinpril 10 mg should be more than enough.
Look into hawthorn berry and grape seed extract as well.

Most Dr's get more concerned with the diastolic number. 82 is pre -hypertensive if memory serves…however you don't need the diuretic, thats usually when someone is in the 90's and has high systolic as well 170-200.
lisinpril 10 mg should be more than enough.
Look into hawthorn berry and grape seed extract as well.

Ya i dunno if im gonna continue on it or not gonna give it some more time... And ya i take hawthron berries not sure how many mg im taking...

Not a big fan being on a duretic... I sweat alot already....

Taking a BP medication with a diuretic in it is generally a bad idea for bodybuilders because it increases our hematocrit (which is already probably high).

There are other negative long term side effects to BP medications also.

Sounds to me like you don't need a bp med, you need to control your estradiol, that is where any water retention is probably coming from...

Taking a BP medication with a diuretic in it is generally a bad idea for bodybuilders because it increases our hematocrit (which is already probably high).

There are other negative long term side effects to BP medications also.

Sounds to me like you don't need a bp med, you need to control your estradiol, that is where any water retention is probably coming from...
Funny you mention estrogen that isnt high it's my sodium and prolactin that was slightly elevated. and my rbc is slightly high to

Here's some lab work I had about 3 weeks ago at the hospital I went in for chest pains Dr said it wasn't my heart muscle cramps here's the test and blood work they did results

**broken link removed****broken link removed****broken link removed****broken link removed**

I would get a good blood pressure machine and monitor it! I take carditone and try to get the dosage locked in!

Funny you mention estrogen that isnt high it's my sodium and prolactin that was slightly elevated. and my rbc is slightly high to

What was your E2 level? Very unlikely it wouldn't be elevated at all on 250mg of test, well more like impossible.

Your doctor is probably assuming heart muscle cramps because of the elevated CPK value, which is probably just from exercise. You can easily get CPK values to 2000+ with a hard workout.

Don't know why he put on the medication. Your BP seems fine. My doc put me on the same medication and it sucks. Makes me feel weak and tired all the time.

What was your E2 level? Very unlikely it wouldn't be elevated at all on 250mg of test, well more like impossible.

Your doctor is probably assuming heart muscle cramps because of the elevated CPK value, which is probably just from exercise. You can easily get CPK values to 2000+ with a hard workout.
Not sure if he checked my El levels I've been on adex 2x a week I don't feel like my e2 is high when it is I'm really lethargic

Not sure if he checked my El levels I've been on adex 2x a week I don't feel like my e2 is high when it is I'm really lethargic

I have used it before. Good BP med with minimal sides for most.
Try eating cleaner,,,lose a little weight,,,drink a lot of water daily,,,
you can lower it naturally.

Seems like the AMA came out this summer saying that the current high is 150/90 (30-59) . I can't imagine why your doctor even put you on BP meds. However, lisinopril hctz is Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide. Lisinopril is an ACE inhibitor which works by relaxing the blood vessels so your blood can flow easier. Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic which helps the body not to retain salt/fluids. Just be careful if you have to work out in the heat because hydrochlorothiazide lowers potassium levels. Nothing drinking Gatorade won't help.

AMA Statement:

The new recommendations would raise the threshold for prescribing hypertension drugs to patients 60 and older, from 140/90 millileters to 150/90, while setting the former as a threshold for younger adults 30 to 59 years old. Today, nearly one in three Americans age 20 and older suffers hypertension, affecting 78 million older adults, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The American Medical Association?s New Blood Pressure Guidelines Would Reduce Medication. Good Idea?

Last edited:
Also just forgot add i take adderall 20 mg for my adhd which can raise my bp not sure by how many numbers

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner