over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Building a Bigger Bantamweight

Quads are the best so show them as much as you can even in the front double bicep.
Instead of the generic pose strike out the right leg ,it will show something a little different .
I am pretty sure you can do this but i only have competed in NPC shows.

Quads are the best so show them as much as you can even in the front double bicep.

Instead of the generic pose strike out the right leg ,it will show something a little different .

I am pretty sure you can do this but i only have competed in NPC shows.

I'm competing in the NPC, but I've tried that and I dunno, it just doesn't seem to show as well... Maybe it's my height.

C'mon GS... You really think I'd try to slip into a natty show ;)

Anyone know how mentalflex did last night?

Won my class but got squeaked out if the overall. My conditioning was dead on. Judges said they wish more people at the national level had conditioning like that. They did say that I should just just add more size overall so I am at the top of my weight class but no areas in particular because I am pretty well proportioned. We couldn't get good stage pics because they came our with a glare. This is the best one and the other two are from the night before and the AM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401636697.184511.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401636726.338582.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401636775.959519.jpg

Last edited:
Won my class but got squeaked out if the overall. My conditioning was dead on. Judges said they wish more people at the national level had conditioning like that. They did say that I should just just add more size overall so I am at the top of my weight class but no areas in particular because I am pretty well proportioned. We couldn't get good stage pics because they came our with a glare. This is the best one and the other two are from the night before and the AM

View attachment 70389

View attachment 70390

View attachment 70391

I knew you would win your class, i thought it might be tough for overall cause of your size but no one was going to out condition you NPC likes size i have lost 2 overalls because of it myself both times my conditioning was better they were just bigger a LH and Heavy

Congratulations man. You look incredible. Conditioning is simply amazing and shows all the hard work you put into this. This is how competitors should look on show day, or close to.

How did you end up liking the tanning products?

Congratulations man. You look incredible. Conditioning is simply amazing and shows all the hard work you put into this. This is how competitors should look on show day, or close to.

How did you end up liking the tanning products?

Ahh Yes! The tanning products... So As I mentioned in the other thread (and i'll post this there too) I got the Liquid Sun Rayz Competition Bronzer Spray, the moose for touch ups and the stage glaze to put on before going out.

A friend had an actual gun, like the one they use professionally, so we used that. It was two coats and we were done in about 45mins. Without the gun, the preferred method of application after talking with the LSR owner (she called me back after leaving a message) is to roll it on. She said you can dump it into a small tray and roll it on and it comes out great. She said one bottle will easily last for one show including touch ups. And if using a spray gun it will not use as much.

The color went on easy and dried fast and did not run. I experimented with the mousse just to see how it went on and that is awesome! It is super easy. You shake the bottle until there is no noise and apply the mousse to your body and use a gloved hand or the pad it comes with to rub it in. Marilyn, the owner, told me the 2oz. bottle is actually enough for a full coat on most people who have followed the skip prep directions. I only used a sugar scrub and exfoliating pad every day for a week before applying the tan. I bought a generic sugar scrub from Target and also bought the exfoliating brush from there. LSR makes a great product and I'll be using there products next show as well.

Ahh Yes! The tanning products... So As I mentioned in the other thread (and i'll post this there too) I got the Liquid Sun Rayz Competition Bronzer Spray, the moose for touch ups and the stage glaze to put on before going out.

A friend had an actual gun, like the one they use professionally, so we used that. It was two coats and we were done in about 45mins. Without the gun, the preferred method of application after talking with the LSR owner (she called me back after leaving a message) is to roll it on. She said you can dump it into a small tray and roll it on and it comes out great. She said one bottle will easily last for one show including touch ups. And if using a spray gun it will not use as much.

The color went on easy and dried fast and did not run. I experimented with the mousse just to see how it went on and that is awesome! It is super easy. You shake the bottle until there is no noise and apply the mousse to your body and use a gloved hand or the pad it comes with to rub it in. Marilyn, the owner, told me the 2oz. bottle is actually enough for a full coat on most people who have followed the skip prep directions. I only used a sugar scrub and exfoliating pad every day for a week before applying the tan. I bought a generic sugar scrub from Target and also bought the exfoliating brush from there. LSR makes a great product and I'll be using there products next show as well.

That is great to hear. I will have to give it a try next time.

On another note, how many carbs were you having prior to your last week? How many days did you carb up for?

That is great to hear. I will have to give it a try next time.

On another note, how many carbs were you having prior to your last week? How many days did you carb up for?

Well, rather than just go through the carbs, I'll do one better... here's my diet un to about 10 days out.

6:45AM: 30g Protein (whey / casein blend)

8:00AM (at work): 280g (raw weight) chicken breast or 99% lean ground turkey + 100g avocado + 1 cup cooked asparagus / broccoli

12:00PM: 280g (raw weight) chicken breast or 99% lean ground turkey+ 100g avocado + 1 cup cooked asparagus /broccoli

3:30PM: 8oz 96% Lean Ground Beef (raw weight), large mixed green veggies or salad, 15 grams of fat from Mac Nut Oil or Coconut oil
ALTERNATIVE: Shake with 50g Protein and 25g fat

5:00PM: 20g whey isolate and 30 grams of carbs

Training 5:45PM - 7:30PM: Intra - 20-30g pepto pro and 20 EAA's, 30g HBCDs

Immediately After Training: 7:30PM: 30g protein from whey isolate and 50g carbs from karboload

8:15PM: 8-9oz (raw weight) Lean Ground Turkey or Chicken breast , 1 cup cooked Jasmine White Rice

10:15PM: 1 1/4 cup liquid egg whites , 1 whole cage-free eggs , 3oz 99% Lean Ground Turkey

For the carb up it was just a slight increase by adding carbs to each meal and reducing protein and fat portions starting on Wednesday and increasing carbs gradually up to Friday.

Last edited:
Just pulled my head out of my a$$ and decided to subscribe to this thread to scour it and take notes of all the useful info I can suck up. Thanks for taking time to run a log, MentalFlex!

Just pulled my head out of my a$$ and decided to subscribe to this thread to scour it and take notes of all the useful info I can suck up. Thanks for taking time to run a log, MentalFlex!

I'm no Shelby, John or Homon, but feel free to ask any questions... We are all here to learn so maybe I can gain something from what others can provide and hopefully I can provide others with a few tidbits of advice

I'm no Shelby, John or Homon, but feel free to ask any questions... We are all here to learn so maybe I can gain something from what others can provide and hopefully I can provide others with a few tidbits of advice

PS... The humble attitude you have doesn't hurt a bit. Keep it up even if/when you make it big. ;)

Thanks for your offer, brother!

Well, rather than just go through the carbs, I'll do one better... here's my diet un to about 10 days out.

6:45AM: 30g Protein (whey / casein blend)

8:00AM (at work): 280g (raw weight) chicken breast or 99% lean ground turkey + 100g avocado + 1 cup cooked asparagus / broccoli

12:00PM: 280g (raw weight) chicken breast or 99% lean ground turkey+ 100g avocado + 1 cup cooked asparagus /broccoli

3:30PM: 8oz 96% Lean Ground Beef (raw weight), large mixed green veggies or salad, 15 grams of fat from Mac Nut Oil or Coconut oil
ALTERNATIVE: Shake with 50g Protein and 25g fat

5:00PM: 20g whey isolate and 30 grams of carbs

Training 5:45PM - 7:30PM: Intra - 20-30g pepto pro and 20 EAA's, 30g HBCDs

Immediately After Training: 7:30PM: 30g protein from whey isolate and 50g carbs from karboload

8:15PM: 8-9oz (raw weight) Lean Ground Turkey or Chicken breast , 1 cup cooked Jasmine White Rice

10:15PM: 1 1/4 cup liquid egg whites , 1 whole cage-free eggs , 3oz 99% Lean Ground Turkey

For the carb up it was just a slight increase by adding carbs to each meal and reducing protein and fat portions starting on Wednesday and increasing carbs gradually up to Friday.

Thanks for that info. As always you always contribute so greatly to this board. Thank you :)

Homon?? Who is he? Never heard of him.

But mental is also a guru, and a humble one too.

Homon?? Who is he? Never heard of him.

But mental is also a guru, and a humble one too.

Homonunculus... Dr. Scott Stevenson. Spent 3 years working with him. One of coolest, brightest, most down to earth coaches you'll talk to. He's also with elite fts and is friends with John and Shelby. He and John even train together at the elite fts compound every now and again

Do a search on here for posts by homonunculus and do some reading. You'll probably get a brain cramp lol

He has some great info on amino acids and intra workout nutrition on elite fts and he writes articles for John's site.

Your conditioning is indeed worthy of competing on the national level in your weight category. Any chance you will take a shot at the nationals this year? Either way keep up the good work.

Your conditioning is indeed worthy of competing on the national level in your weight category. Any chance you will take a shot at the nationals this year? Either way keep up the good work.

I dunno... My wedding is going to take priority over nationals

Here are a few stage shots

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401720986.760537.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401721004.561744.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401721031.097520.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401721048.432516.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401721067.283901.jpg

The back shot and the front double bicep shot are sick!!! :cool:

Homonunculus... Dr. Scott Stevenson. Spent 3 years working with him. One of coolest, brightest, most down to earth coaches you'll talk to. He's also with elite fts and is friends with John and Shelby. He and John even train together at the elite fts compound every now and again

Do a search on here for posts by homonunculus and do some reading. You'll probably get a brain cramp lol

He has some great info on amino acids and intra workout nutrition on elite fts and he writes articles for John's site.

Gotcha! I know who Scott is, just did not know he went by homonunculus ;-)

Thanks for the info.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner