over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

(buying ) gear now vs 20 years ago

borderbound

Registered
lets not beat the horse about if stuff was better back then .. it was but it wasnt

there was counterfeit stuff back then ... underdosed mex- vet -pharm ect
but in all honesty it was rare to find stuff not up to par

even living in a bordertown choices were not endless back then
now you can find anything and anyone can buy it that puts in a little web time

BACK IN THE DAY .THERE WERE TO MY EXPERIENCE DRUG DEALERS BUT I NEVER EVER SAW A DRUG PUSHER NOOOOO WAY WOULD ANY DEALER I KNEW SELL SHIT TO A PIMPLE FACED PENCIL NECKED WANNABE

Now a days the n00bie customers are just as bad.
Most if not 99% have no business using to start with as discussed in another thread, not too mention unrealistic expectations on TA and gear results.
Go to some forums and read the posts, and you sit back and remember waiting a month for your gear and that was NORMAL.
Now its WalMart attitude, I think these little shits forget ITS ILLEGAL!!!:mad:

Back then.

All the items I ever wanted were readily available from guys I knew at the gyms.
Besides that I used to go to mexico myself and just walk into a pharmacy with my list.
There's no way I would do that today but I feel all the stuff I got back then was strong and legit.
Now days there is way to much underdosed stuff by the sponsors who come and go.
So yes....it's easier but I'm not certain that it's better.

My girlfriends dad told me about how him and all the guys he did bodybuilding with went to the same doctor near their gym and just went in once or twice a week to get what they needed no hassle. Just told him he wanted to increase athletic performance and done. I see alot of people my age that look like they havent stepped foot in a gym that are asking about steroids and trying to do oral only cycles because they dont want to inject, just want to gain a bit of weight and look big.

My girlfriends dad told me about how him and all the guys he did bodybuilding with went to the same doctor near their gym and just went in once or twice a week to get what they needed no hassle. Just told him he wanted to increase athletic performance and done. I see alot of people my age that look like they havent stepped foot in a gym that are asking about steroids and trying to do oral only cycles because they dont want to inject, just want to gain a bit of weight and look big.

I know what you mean! And when they ask a question and you give them the right answer they get pissed off because its not want they want to hear.

Now a days the n00bie customers are just as bad.
Most if not 99% have no business using to start with as discussed in another thread, not too mention unrealistic expectations on TA and gear results.
Go to some forums and read the posts, and you sit back and remember waiting a month for your gear and that was NORMAL.
Now its WalMart attitude, I think these little shits forget ITS ILLEGAL!!!:mad:

Agreed. The kids these days(generation of entitlement) expect everything to given to them quickly and expect results quickly as well. As far as gear is concerned, the stuff back in the day was better quality IMO, but was harder to find.

Agreed. The kids these days(generation of entitlement) expect everything to given to them quickly and expect results quickly as well. As far as gear is concerned, the stuff back in the day was better quality IMO, but was harder to find.

im part of this generation and couldnt agree more.

as far as gear it wasnt untill last year once i hit 190 and decently lean before i started using, i have never gone overboard with gear and never plan to. i currently weigh 210 give or take. i have guys come up to me at the gym asking about juice who couldnt weigh more than 160 lbs, i answer their question. a few weeks/months later its pretty obvious they got their hands on some stuff and its hilarious how nothing happens besides water gain and acne. must be that underdosed gear :rolleyes:

im part of this generation and couldnt agree more.

as far as gear it wasnt untill last year once i hit 190 and decently lean before i started using, i have never gone overboard with gear and never plan to. i currently weigh 210 give or take. i have guys come up to me at the gym asking about juice who couldnt weigh more than 160 lbs, i answer their question. a few weeks/months later its pretty obvious they got their hands on some stuff and its hilarious how nothing happens besides water gain and acne. must be that underdosed gear :rolleyes:

Yep. Especially when you ask them and they respond: "I Mcd's everyday and eat 3x a day. I come to the gym 2-3x a week and workout 20 mins because I don't have time. I can't seem to put on any weight." Must be bunk gear, lol. You and collinb seem to be the minority in terms of this generation. I sense none of the bs from you guys.

Last edited:
Until 1988 it was legal for a doctor to prescribe steroids for performance enhancement, just not for sports.

Until 1988 it was legal for a doctor to prescribe steroids for performance enhancement, just not for sports.

I was going to say that, I use to walk right in the Doctor, get my blood work there and my shots. Now at 52, I walk right in the doctor and get the same. :D

I was going to say that, I use to walk right in the Doctor, get my blood work there and my shots. Now at 52, I walk right in the doctor and get the same. :D

Except now, it's called hrt, lol.

The thing that sucks, is there really is no way to filter out some 15 year old kid, from guy's who are grown men. At least I have not seen it on the boards. Like someone said, back in the day no one would give shit to a 15 year old. Now they can order up whatever, and that is bad for all of us. Personally I like being able to get whatever, but I'm 47 and have a legit HRT script.:cool: Hell back in the day we had a horse farmer out in the woods who always had extra bottles of stuff,:D it was the shit back then. LOL

Last edited:
I think 10 years ago there was more pharmaceutical grade around at least it was easier to get as far as domestic. Now there are alot of UG labs around and less vet or human grade, at least where I live

What really cracks me up is everyone dissing young people that are doing roids and say they are not ready. But... you read the posts of many people here that say they have been doing gear for 15 or 20 years, and do the math, they were like 19!! Too funny.

Much harder to find and more expensive for sure. Simple supply and demand. You had to already have a decent physique and know some big guys to score anything.

The thing that sucks, is there really is no way to filter out some 15 year old kid, from guy's who are grown men. At least I have not seen it on the boards. Like someone said, back in the day no one would give shit to a 15 year old. Now they can order up whatever, and that is bad for all of us. Personally I like being able to get whatever, but I'm 47 and have a legit HRT script.:cool: Hell back in the day we had a horse farmer out in the woods who always had extra bottles of stuff,:D it was the shit back then. LOL

I do have to say in my area at least there were some steroids being sold to high school kids, I managed to round up some Ciba dbol. What I bought though was from a high school kid, somehow through the grapevine he got it from a well known high level powerlifter. The stuff would trickle down, sure I paid 2-3x what it was worth since it had been stepped on several times,lol.

I really don't understand how people now are saying it was difficult to get back in the day. In the early 80's and throughout, high school kids all over were doing them. I didn't do them in high school, but knew many that did. They never seemed to have trouble getting them. I am from a small town, so I can't imagine it was anymore difficult for city kids. Yes we have the internet now, but anyone could still get them back then.

I really don't understand how people now are saying it was difficult to get back in the day. In the early 80's and throughout, high school kids all over were doing them. I didn't do them in high school, but knew many that did. They never seemed to have trouble getting them. I am from a small town, so I can't imagine it was anymore difficult for city kids. Yes we have the internet now, but anyone could still get them back then.

It may not have been as difficult to get as some make it sound , but most of the crap we can buy now I had never even heard of. All the kid I knew had was dbol and winstrol tabs LOL. Everything cost a lot more too and as a kid you couldnt afford it really. Now a child could place an order and get anything he wants delivered to the doorstep. At our school, and it was about 3000 kids, we had maybe 5-10 kids that used and they didnt use much. I dont think its going out on a limb to say that steroids are much more available now.

20 years ago I would have bought it in person from either a gym dealer, friend, or aquaintence. Shit...I remember Steris bought by the case, and real good American Anadrol.

Yes this bad boy!

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner