advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can anyone confirm delays in commerce to US from abroad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen all the ships waiting off shore to get off loaded. call it what you will…..

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen all the ships waiting off shore to get off loaded. call it what you will…..
I think thats mostly from lack of workers to offload it? **EDIT**

I think we probably have a lot more to agree than you think we do. One of those things is that the supply chain (logistics) that run the world have been red lining for quite some time now. You remember that blockage in the Panama Canal? That happened when it did because...of course it did. This isnt just one thing, it's a lot of things. Everybody, of course, has that one thing they can point to so they can place the blame on something while overlooking anything else that may be inconvenient to them personally.

My understanding that in the U.S. the problem is getting the product OUT OF THE PORT! We buy equipment from Italy on a regular basis and the product is making it to the port fine, but from there it's wait, Wait, WAIT.
Pannatta Sport?

I think thats mostly from lack of workers to offload it? Is it some kind of new government red tape/policy that is slowing it down?

Its lack of truck drivers just like you commented on the lumber mills.

**EDIT** - NOT GOING THERE!

This was all created by rich greedy asshole corporations that steadily downsized their USA footprint and move abroad. Steadily cutting costs to increase their profits. Well it’s finally at the breaking point. Maybe they’ll change how they operate moving forward because this will get much worse and hurt Joe Blow citizen!

Cage

What is your outlook on this all? Does your profession have an idea of when they think things might get better or worse? What exactly is causing the big problems now?
My outlook from corporate and from partner carriers we use is that it will continue to decline until staffing is up which is projected to continue to the end of 2023.
Customs can’t even do their jobs to get things cleared so ports and airports are backlogged.
We also now import way too much to sustain this. We even see big pallets just disappear. It’s insane to say the least.

I think thats mostly from lack of workers to offload it? Is it some kind of new government red tape/policy that is slowing it down?
No new stringent policies, most of it is lack of staffing and covid protocols.
There are some politics in play here to be honest, I don’t know why they are slowing things down but they have the capability to get things running and refuse to.
For the truck side of it domestically, no one wants to drive trucks anymore and companies are begging for drivers…… the drivers now all have major pay increases but run slower than usual and if the terminal or management gets on their case, the driver will just quit so they can’t be harsh at all like it used to be to hit deadlines.

This was all created by rich greedy asshole corporations that steadily downsized their USA footprint and move abroad. Steadily cutting costs to increase their profits. Well it’s finally at the breaking point. Maybe they’ll change how they operate moving forward because this will get much worse and hurt Joe Blow citizen!

Cage
This is unfortunately true. It was rough last year but in 2021…. The supply chain industry sees what is going on, some of this is 100% on purpose to hurt this country.
I won’t talk politics on here, but the people serving us and their corporate friends are working together.
Really sad for US Mfg companies that have great careers where you can come in as a machine operator and end up working as a warehouse manager, sales executive etc from your knowledge of the company ground up.

My outlook from corporate and from partner carriers we use is that it will continue to decline until staffing is up which is projected to continue to the end of 2023.
Customs can’t even do their jobs to get things cleared so ports and airports are backlogged.
We also now import way too much to sustain this. We even see big pallets just disappear. It’s insane to say the least.
So whole pallets of goods are being stolen?

No new stringent policies, most of it is lack of staffing and covid protocols.
There are some politics in play here to be honest, I don’t know why they are slowing things down but they have the capability to get things running and refuse to.
For the truck side of it domestically, no one wants to drive trucks anymore and companies are begging for drivers…… the drivers now all have major pay increases but run slower than usual and if the terminal or management gets on their case, the driver will just quit so they can’t be harsh at all like it used to be to hit deadlines.
Four year colleges are now seeing a major decline in male enrollment, maybe some of the men will enter the field. Many fewer men are choosing now to go to college. "A similar trend is occurring nationally. Although more people than ever are attending college, the ratio of male to female students is nearly 1:2. "

"Meanwhile, over the past decade about 30 percent of male college students have dropped out during their freshman year, according to education consultant and blogger Daniel Riseman. He is among those in higher education circles that calls the declining number of college males a “silent epidemic.”

They gotta go somewhere!

We even see big pallets just disappear. It’s insane to say the least.
Maybe the guys that used to work on the docks and as truck drivers are out there moving those pallets after dark!

A home builder I met says he knows some other home builders that have had entire lumber stacks stolen from home sites, in some cases it was just about all of the lumber to build the home was stolen. It used to be copper pipes, now its lumber and other supplies. Crazy shit. Supply chains and build sites are going to have to hire better security.

USPS has cut off all packs to AU outside of first class which takes as long as priority:

Also not only have they raised the rates again (stating holiday surcharge), but there were news articles last week about them slowing domestic deliveries as well, I believe starting Friday.

My wife was telling me there was some issues with trade and comnerce in general on all goods which come to the U.S. from abroad...especially China.

Does anyone know any more about this? Has anyone experienced delays when receiving their care packages from their forein family members?

I know Ive seen ports backed up with hundreds of container ships just waiting to unload in several of the big port cities.

BN
This 4th quarter is going to see much slower movement the usps is saying 5-7 days now for first class and it costs more plus international is going to grind to a halt and be around 3 months atleast I have experienced this in the past with the back-ups we see I can only imagine how long shipping could take moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws