advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can Stanozolol (Winstrol) actually help heal an elbow ligament injury?!

Buttman3

Registered
A little background story:

About 16 weeks ago (around 1st of July), I had an elbow injury after doing a set of narrow grip bench press. As I lowered the bar to my chest, I felt an intense pain at the top of my elbow, something that has never happened to me.

The description of the injury:

The injury, I believed, occurred at the ligaments where the radius bone is connected to the humerus bone, because whenever I rotated my forearm so that the palm is facing down, this spot would hurt.

A00646F01.jpg

This spot would also hurt whenever I tried to do reverse curls, flex my biceps, or rotate my forearm to scratch my head ;).

The injury did not seem to improve much, even after 11 weeks (16th of September).

How the injury suddenly got better:

On 23rd of Sept., I started taking Stanozolol (Winstrol), 35mg EoD (140mg/week), with my already ongoing Tren-Test cycle with the intention of leaning up. By the end of that week, I noticed the pain in my left elbow suddenly got a bit better.

On the second week, I increased the Winstrol dose to 35mg, twice per day (350mg/week), again with the intention of leaning up. To my surprise, by the end of the week, the pain in my left elbow was now almost completely gone! On a scale of 1 to 10, the pain was now a 2 at the most!

I continued taking Winstrol for the third week.

Now, after 3 weeks, I can do reverse curls again with very little pain, and it looks like I can expect to be nearly 100% within a week!
icon14.gif

Has anyone here experienced something similar with Winstrol or any other compounds, regarding injury healing?

I thought Wintrol does the opposite. it weakens ur tendons.

Not sure if winny weakens tendons but it will definitely dry out your joints and cause more pain. When my E2 is low I'll get elbow pain like you describe that will pretty much go away once levels are in check. Maybe the winny changed your E2 levels....

Perhaps the dry joints happens at a high dose, because I never experienced it while I was on Winstrol at 35mg, once or twice a day.

By the way, I found this research article on Winstrol (Stanozolol) and how it increased the production of collagen:

Stimulation of collagen synthesis by the a... [J Invest Dermatol. 1998] - PubMed - NCBI

"Stanozolol (0.625-5 microg per ml) had no effect on fibroblast replication and cell viability (p = 0.764) but enhanced collagen synthesis (p < 0.01) in a dose-dependent manner (r = 0.907). Stanozolol also increased (by 2-fold) the mRNA levels of alpha1 (I) and alpha1 (III) procollagen and, to a similar extent, upregulated transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) mRNA and peptide levels (p < 0.001)."

Since ligaments are made up of collagen, and Winstrol increases collagen production, I'm thinking perhaps Winstrol could help speed up the healing process of ligament injury.

Last edited:
good info. Were you on oral winny? 70mg a day is almost 500mg/wk that's a pretty large dose.

I ran it low dose like 100mg/wk and had no dry joints. Really helped with vascularity though.

Perhaps the dry joints happens at a high dose, because I never experienced it while I was on Winstrol at 35mg, once or twice a day.

By the way, I found this research article on Winstrol (Stanozolol) and how it increased the production of collagen:

Stimulation of collagen synthesis by the a... [J Invest Dermatol. 1998] - PubMed - NCBI

"Stanozolol (0.625-5 microg per ml) had no effect on fibroblast replication and cell viability (p = 0.764) but enhanced collagen synthesis (p < 0.01) in a dose-dependent manner (r = 0.907). Stanozolol also increased (by 2-fold) the mRNA levels of alpha1 (I) and alpha1 (III) procollagen and, to a similar extent, upregulated transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) mRNA and peptide levels (p < 0.001)."

Since ligaments are made up of collagen, and Winstrol increases collagen production, I'm thinking perhaps Winstrol could help speed up the healing process of ligament injury.

Tendons are a form of fiberous cartilage. There is little or no blood supply, that's why that type of injury doesn't heal on its own. It has to be surgically reattached or repaired.

Winstrol at small doses stimulates the progestin receptor (PgR). Progestin is an anti-inflammatory. Take ibuprofen if the pain returns.

good info. Were you on oral winny? 70mg a day is almost 500mg/wk that's a pretty large dose.

I ran it low dose like 100mg/wk and had no dry joints. Really helped with vascularity though.

Yep, it was oral Winny. For that week, some days I took 35mgx2/day, and some days I took only 35mg (forgot to take it twice), so it was around 350mg total for the week.

Yes, the vascularity was great! I got a massive pump just from shaving. It was hilarious :D.

I have used Deca in the past - "human grade" Norma Hellas. Within a week, I noticed was that my knee joints (cavities?) felt as if they were pumped with more fluid and could absorb more shock without hurting :).

Winstrol at small doses stimulates the progestin receptor (PgR). Progestin is an anti-inflammatory. Take ibuprofen if the pain returns.

Interesting info on the PgR. I'm going to come off of Winstrol in a week or two after I feel that my elbow is back to 100%, to see if the pain comes back.

In theory, if the Winstrol only masked the pain by reducing the inflammation, then the pain should come back once Winstrol is stopped, yeah?

doesnt winstrol decrease collagen synthesis

According to the research article I came across, it actually increases collagen synthesis.

I believe you're thinking about Testosterone, because I read it on some bodybuilding forums. I haven't done any Googling regarding Testosterone and collagen production, so I'm not sure what the scientific findings are regarding it.

A little background story:

About 16 weeks ago (around 1st of July), I had an elbow injury after doing a set of narrow grip bench press. As I lowered the bar to my chest, I felt an intense pain at the top of my elbow, something that has never happened to me.

The description of the injury:

The injury, I believed, occurred at the ligaments where the radius bone is connected to the humerus bone, because whenever I rotated my forearm so that the palm is facing down, this spot would hurt.

A00646F01.jpg

This spot would also hurt whenever I tried to do reverse curls, flex my biceps, or rotate my forearm to scratch my head ;).

The injury did not seem to improve much, even after 11 weeks (16th of September).

How the injury suddenly got better:

On 23rd of Sept., I started taking Stanozolol (Winstrol), 35mg EoD (140mg/week), with my already ongoing Tren-Test cycle with the intention of leaning up. By the end of that week, I noticed the pain in my left elbow suddenly got a bit better.

On the second week, I increased the Winstrol dose to 35mg, twice per day (350mg/week), again with the intention of leaning up. To my surprise, by the end of the week, the pain in my left elbow was now almost completely gone! On a scale of 1 to 10, the pain was now a 2 at the most!

I continued taking Winstrol for the third week.

Now, after 3 weeks, I can do reverse curls again with very little pain, and it looks like I can expect to be nearly 100% within a week!
icon14.gif

Has anyone here experienced something similar with Winstrol or any other compounds, regarding injury healing?

Nice to hear it's working for you. No need to be in pain!

fitnesskatz

According to the research article I came across, it actually increases collagen synthesis.

I believe you're thinking about Testosterone, because I read it on some bodybuilding forums. I haven't done any Googling regarding Testosterone and collagen production, so I'm not sure what the scientific findings are regarding it.

you may very well be right man,,,there was a very good thread one the mod's posted over on anasci bout what increases protein synthesis and collagen synthesis and what decreases im getting old man cant remember like use to could

you may very well be right man,,,there was a very good thread one the mod's posted over on anasci bout what increases protein synthesis and collagen synthesis and what decreases im getting old man cant remember like use to could

My memory isn't as good as it used to be as well ;).

By the way, I just did a search and found what you're referring to:

**broken link removed**

Collagen synthesis aside i can tell you from my own personal experience that I would stay away from winstrol if you have a tendon/ligament injury. I have run one cycle of winstrol in my life(legit zambon amps) and to this day I have horrible tennis elbow that wont get 100 percent better. Winstrol made my muscles so tight, Ive never had no many athletic injuries in a 6 week period as I did while running winny and i was only on 25mg daily.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131