over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

catabolic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gainingmass

Registered
Sorry to post this and if this is wrong then please delete it, but i thought i heard that muscle relaxers or pain killers are catabolic making yu lose muscle? Ive got extreme soreness in my legs and was thinking of using some perkeset, would this make me lose muscle, if so then il just bite the bullet and deal with it, certainly dont need to be losing muscle dieting down for a show.

i may be close but i was told cortizone shots weaken the bone. my dr told me not to lift when he gave me one years back. so after that i stop getting those shots.
i donot know about perks except they bloat you.

anyone else know of if its catabolic?

aspirin prevents muscle growth at high dosages (i forgot how high though)... it was pretty high.. i think about 3 grams a day...

no sure about advil...

it was in a magazine or MD or something a while ago

feelnfit said:
i may be close but i was told cortizone shots weaken the bone. my dr told me not to lift when he gave me one years back. so after that i stop getting those shots.
i donot know about perks except they bloat you.

Cortizone/cortisol is definitely catabolic. I've never heard anything as far as Percocet being catabolic. I also did a quick search in pubmed with the keywords "catabol* and analgesic" and saw nothing that would make me think that to be true. Also, for short term usage, I really don't see how there would be any substantial catabolism. If you're only taking it for a day or so to get you over a hump, I don't think that it would be detrimental. Like feelnfit said, they can cause some edema or bloating, so depending on how close your show is, that may be something to consider. Good luck.

thanks guys

i appreciate the info, im not close i still got plenty of time for my show, il be 11 weeks out starting monday. I just had some bad soreness in my thighs that was affecting the way i walked and gettin out of bed. Just taken one, i think thats all i need, definately no more than two. I appreciate yalls info so quick. I love this board

i remember reading in one of my books that pain killers ( i am not sure which ones or if they all do this) stop protien synthesis,i have always made it a point to not take them

anabolic_hippie said:
i remember reading in one of my books that pain killers ( i am not sure which ones or if they all do this) stop protien synthesis,i have always made it a point to not take them

I'm not saying that in high doses or taken chronically they don't inhibit protein synthesis, they indeed may. But, whether they do or not has never been covered in any pharmagology book that I've ever read, and I find it hard to see a mechanism that would. That's why I ran a search in pub med, but I didn't notice anything that stood out. Personally, I think that in preparation for a competition, not training would be more of a hindrance than would taking a pain pill for a day or two.

If you have some information on that, or can give me a reference, I would love to read it for myself. Facts like that are good for all of us.

I honestly lost 30lbs of muscle from taking pain meds. Of course I got addicted, quit lifting for 8 months, started bangin coke, and then had to go to rehab. Don't be like me. But if you take them like you are supposed to, I don't think you are going to lose any muscle.

all NSAIDs inhibit proteom synthesis to some degree

well im done with'em. Only used two, now tha pain and soreness im my legs are gone so im good until thursday when i do em again. Thanks for the help guys, just from now on il deal with the pain.

This stuff is boderline non-admissable as a rec drug post. I see how it pertains to BBing-but the rules are clear. Im locking it so it does not corss the line-hopefully any bodybuilding related info pertaining to this has already been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member