over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cholesterol Meds. Anyone on them?

Alias

Registered
My Doc want's me on Lipitor because my Cholesterol is out of wack. A year or so ago my LDL was 188 and HDL was 32. He told me to watch my diet and do more exercise and I have but to no avail. I was tested a two months ago and found out my LDL was 197 and HDL stay around 32 and now he wants me to take lipitor.. Any thoughts on lowering it without Meds? or should I just take the lipitor.

I thought I would take it easy this time and only do a light cycle.
I'm currently on week 7, I know it's an old school cycle, but I just can't handle the sides from Tren anymore so I opted for Deca.

500mg/wk Test Cyp.
Deca 400mg/wk

What othe sups do you take??

I would try taking 6g omega 3 caps a day , 200mg red yeast rice extract and 100mg CoQ-10 2x a day and 500mg niacin a day before I went to lipator.

What does your diet and cardio look like ?

I eat a lot of my fats from animals but they are free ranged and my eggs are free ranged as well , this along with 10 cardio at 85% max heart rate 3x a week and taking 200mg redyeast rice extract and 100mg CoQ-10 once a day has my cholesterol at LDL-88 , HDL-42 and triglycerides at 72.

I was taking Simcor for a few months. It worked fine but became expensive even with insurance. Spoke with my dr, and I now take 500mg niacin (flushing type) twice daily.

So far so good.

I've read that eating one whole avocado a day can help improve lipid profiles a lot.

I've also read that curcumin and reservatrol can lower cholesterol.

I think red rice yeast can have the same side effects as statins.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

This stuff is OTC and has a lot of great reviews. I'm on it now while taking 600 test and 500 npp. Total Cholesterol came back in the 180s, (lowest ever for me on cycle) but LDL still in the high range. It's still low compared to my old bloodwork without Cholestoff.

Read up on the side effects of statins and find natural methods to normalize your cholesterol. Niacin, omega 3's, etc.

Read up on the side effects of statins and find natural methods to normalize your cholesterol. Niacin, omega 3's, etc.

From what i was told and have read the arterial hardening and arterial calcification they can cause is worse than the possible plaque build up from the high LDL

If you can get your cholesterol down doing cardio and using natural supps, that is the best way. Statins should be a last resort for lowering cholesterol because they some negative sides. I was on a statin many years ago but that was because I was eating like shit and not doing cardio. After cleaning up my diet and doing some moderate cardio, my hdl/ldl went back to it's normal ranges and ever since I have been off all statins.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I have been doing 200mg CoQ-10, 400mg red rice yeast, 2000mg Slo-Niacin for the past year and unfortunately my levels are still like yours (LDL-218, HDL-31). However my test did come in at >1500 which is weird since I have only been doing my prescribed TRT dosage so now he wants me to cut it in half. For some of us high lipid profiles are just genetic like anything else. My doctor was not too worried this time around however and didn't prescribe me any statins.

The day of my heart attack my cholesterol was 241 and I was on 4800mg of omega 3 fish oil, 100mg CoQ10 and 500mg niacin. My Dr put me on 80mg of Lipitor (plus all the same supps) and my last blood work showed it to be 158 (don't remember what my LDL/HDL was). :)

On lipitor and I'm getting ready to tell my doc I do not want to take it any more - joint pain, head aches, head pain, ED - but hey my cholestoral is getting better...

Going to go back to a cleaner diet, Red Yeast Rice, Omega's and some heart healthy shit my mother gives me :) Mine wasn't too far off of normal so I should be able to manage with this again...

On lipitor and I'm getting ready to tell my doc I do not want to take it any more - joint pain, head aches, head pain, ED - but hey my cholestoral is getting better...

Going to go back to a cleaner diet, Red Yeast Rice, Omega's and some heart healthy shit my mother gives me :) Mine wasn't too far off of normal so I should be able to manage with this again...

just wondering if you take l-arginine with your lipitor. there are alot of studies that adding perfusia with your statin dose actually improves your blood flow a significant amount, more than just taking l-arginine alone. This is all speculation but that may help with your ED isses.

its worth a shot. google arginine and simvastatin or perfusia and simvastatin for the dose they used in the study.

The more I read about both sides of cholesterol the more I have doubts the numbers mean anything.

There are a growing list of cholesterol experts and docs who say its the VLDL that is more concern and higher hdl and LDL is not an issue and eating real food and an active lifestyle is more important

just wondering if you take l-arginine with your lipitor. there are alot of studies that adding perfusia with your statin dose actually improves your blood flow a significant amount, more than just taking l-arginine alone. This is all speculation but that may help with your ED isses.

its worth a shot. google arginine and simvastatin or perfusia and simvastatin for the dose they used in the study.

Thanks Matt, I don't at the moment but the biggest thing for me is the joint pain it's causing me, not that ED doesn't suck too but damn it hurts just getting out of bed in the am

I would try taking 6g omega 3 caps a day , 200mg red yeast rice extract and 100mg CoQ-10 2x a day and 500mg niacin a day before I went to lipator.

I eat a lot of my fats from animals but they are free ranged and my eggs are free ranged as well , this along with 10 cardio at 85% max heart rate 3x a week and taking 200mg redyeast rice extract and 100mg CoQ-10 once a day has my cholesterol at LDL-88 , HDL-42 and triglycerides at 72.

I've been on Zocor now for a couple of years and it makes me feel like complete shit. I am going to try your suggestion to see if I can't improve it without a statin.

Thanks Matt, I don't at the moment but the biggest thing for me is the joint pain it's causing me, not that ED doesn't suck too but damn it hurts just getting out of bed in the am

I had the same issue with zocur my doc took me off. plus my liver values always came back high on statins.

I just bought some curcumin, the brand is curamed 750. I read it can help improve lipids. its worth a shot.

I have never understood the reasoning on why people take cholesterol meds. If your body is producing excessive levels of cholesterol then that is a signal that something is wrong and the body is producing the choleserol as a compensatory mechanism. Therefore I would think that it is common sense that the course of action would be to find out why the body is producing so much cholesterol and correct what is causing the problem. To instead take rat poison and poison the body into manufacturing less cholesterol is not going to make you any healthier and certainly not going to change the cause of whats really going on in the body.

I take Omega 3 but only once a day, I think it's 1gm. I will up that dose for sure. I take green tea extract, which is supposed to be good for cholesterol.
Amino acids and multi vitamin I take daily.

I have three protein shakes a day, two 40g whey shakes and one 50g casein before bed. All of them with skim milk.

My diet it fairly good right now. I eat between 4500-4800 cals per day. protein is mostly lean meat, egg whites, cottage cheese and fish. Whole grains consist of mainly steel cut oats, brown rice and quinoa. Fats come from the meat and peanut butter. I eat around 2 cups of either spinage, broccoli, or some other green each day.

Around the holidays I eat like crap and that may be a part of it too.

Cardio is 45 minutes 3x per week on the eliptical. Plus I do around two hours of mountain biking on sundays (weather permitting)

I do have a family history of early heart disease, but I figured it was mainly because they all drink and smoke.... Neither of which I do.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm gonna pick up some red yeast extract and niacin, along with COQ-10. I do know one thing for sure is that I don't wanna be on cholesterol meds at only 32 years old.

I have never understood the reasoning on why people take cholesterol meds. If your body is producing excessive levels of cholesterol then that is a signal that something is wrong and the body is producing the choleserol as a compensatory mechanism. Therefore I would think that it is common sense that the course of action would be to find out why the body is producing so much cholesterol and correct what is causing the problem. To instead take rat poison and poison the body into manufacturing less cholesterol is not going to make you any healthier and certainly not going to change the cause of whats really going on in the body.

Agree. Finding what the problem is isn't always easy though. If I know what was causing it, I would just stop. It must be partly a genetic thing.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131