over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Comprehensive Panel after Post Prep Cycle- High Potassium

Rome1

Registered
To all of those that experienced and know what they are talking please advise. Blood test came after 1 week off tren, ai's and orals. Surprisingly everything was in range except for my ALT(65) and my potassium(5500). Still waiting on lipids. I did compete 2 weeks ago and got sick at the same time but still did the sho. Then relaxed a few days and started hitting it hard but didn't consume enough water and it took my BP up to 165/100. Went to the ER put 3 IV bags in me and my BP is back to normal and has stayed that way. (125/80). I take kidney cleanser, artichoke extract, tudca, polycosinol, Hawthorne, grape seed, fish oils, prim, synthergine, ala, glas, citrus berg, resver, Apple pectin and apple cider with lemon every morning. On top of that I've been eating fruit 3 X day and was eating a lot of cream cheese on everything prior to that. Other than that pretty clean, chipotle once and some smoothies. I also took potassium glucanate after a high sodium meal but that was a couple days before the test. I have another test sched Monday and will get results back Tuesday but I'm scared that my potassium will get dangerous? Thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Dr. Kim, Stewie, Dante or John Meadows? Thanks

Your level is hardly out of range, in some text references you are barley scraping by hyperkalaemia.
You indicate yourself that your electrolytes have been all over the place induced by dehydration, dietary and/or supplemental decisions "a couple days before the test".

Are you taking any other medications, ace inhibitors, diuretics, thyroid hormones, or antibiotics in particular?

Do you feel bad? Brain fog, fatigue, palpitations, muscle weakness, tremor...etc.?

When do you expect to have your lipid panel results? Any other labs collected?

Your level is hardly out of range, in some text references you are barley scraping by hyperkalaemia.
You indicate yourself that your electrolytes have been all over the place induced by dehydration, dietary and/or supplemental decisions "a couple days before the test".

Are you taking any other medications, ace inhibitors, diuretics, thyroid hormones, or antibiotics in particular?

Do you feel bad? Brain fog, fatigue, palpitations, muscle weakness, tremor...etc.?

When do you expect to have your lipid panel results? Any other labs collected?

Thx bro. Lipids should be back tomorrow. Also, did amylase and lypase. Have a follow up on Monday for the same exact test with GGT. I get extremely tired after I eat in the evening but other than that pretty normal. I feel some tinglyness in my arms every now and again. Pretty high anxiety from all of this so i don't know what is what. No kidney pain that I can think of but it does feel strange around my love handle areas when right before I need to urinate. Again, could be in my head. Idk. The kidney supplement I take does have dandelion, etc in it so it has some mild diuretic

My potassium has been 5.4 for the last 2 years . I do bloodwork every 3 -4 months .my doc said it is nothing to worry about .

To all of those that experienced and know what they are talking please advise. Blood test came after 1 week off tren, ai's and orals. Surprisingly everything was in range except for my ALT(65) and my potassium(5500). Still waiting on lipids. I did compete 2 weeks ago and got sick at the same time but still did the sho. Then relaxed a few days and started hitting it hard but didn't consume enough water and it took my BP up to 165/100. Went to the ER put 3 IV bags in me and my BP is back to normal and has stayed that way. (125/80). I take kidney cleanser, artichoke extract, tudca, polycosinol, Hawthorne, grape seed, fish oils, prim, synthergine, ala, glas, citrus berg, resver, Apple pectin and apple cider with lemon every morning. On top of that I've been eating fruit 3 X day and was eating a lot of cream cheese on everything prior to that. Other than that pretty clean, chipotle once and some smoothies. I also took potassium glucanate after a high sodium meal but that was a couple days before the test. I have another test sched Monday and will get results back Tuesday but I'm scared that my potassium will get dangerous? Thoughts? Thanks

What diuretics are or were you taking at the time of the show?

The potassium can be off due to hemolysis if there is damage to the blood when the needle is inserted for the draw. Make sure to re-do the labs and see the result. I had this happen this past summer while on cycle and they re-drew a week later (still on cycle) and it was in normal range.

The potassium can be off due to hemolysis if there is damage to the blood when the needle is inserted for the draw. Make sure to re-do the labs and see the result. I had this happen this past summer while on cycle and they re-drew a week later (still on cycle) and it was in normal range.

I've read about that and it sounds like it happens often. I'll let them know before the next test that I'm not going to clench my first and then let go

Yea..

i wouldnt worry too much, my potassium was a bit high as well and my doc said no big deal

Do you have a history of potassium being elevated like this? It could be from trauma to muscles (intense workout day before) where some cells ruptured and released potassium. There is a much higher concentration in the muscle than in the blood.

Do you have a history of potassium being elevated like this? It could be from trauma to muscles (intense workout day before) where some cells ruptured and released potassium. There is a much higher concentration in the muscle than in the blood.

No, not that I know of. Admittedly, after coming tren, etc my moods are all over the place and anxiety is horrible. Ive never had anxiety like this before in my life and my health has me paranoid. I will say everyday my mood, anxiety, etc is getting better.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear