over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Hemacrit post blood donation

PRorER

Newbies
Donated blood February 29th and Hemacrit was 48. Bloodwork on March 26th and Hemacrit is 51.6. Was running 500mg Test E annd 200mg Primo E and donated 1 week post cycle. Now cruising on 200mg Test E. Anyone ever experienced consistent high RBC and Hemacrit post cycle and after donating? Any supplement recommendations are also appreciated, I’ve read about Citrulline and Nattokinase

Bloodwork below

Attachments

• IMG_1207.jpeg
    IMG_1207.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 28
Stop donating. Nobody should be donating blood regularly unless they have a genetic clotting disorder. High red blood cells, platelets, and hematocrit are not an issue unless you have one of those disorders.

Hematocrit rebounds are common with regular blood donations along with tanked ferritin levels. Donating blood is not the way to get it down - you need to hydrate better, treat sleep apnea if you have it, etc.

Stop donating. Nobody should be donating blood regularly unless they have a genetic clotting disorder. High red blood cells, platelets, and hematocrit are not an issue unless you have one of those disorders.

Hematocrit rebounds are common with regular blood donations along with tanked ferritin levels. Donating blood is not the way to get it down - you need to hydrate better, treat sleep apnea if you have it, etc.
That would explain the 60 ng/mL ferritin level. Thank you

it is not a high hematocrit because laboratory standards are reduced every year to convince people that they are sick and to prescribe drugs to them, thus making money for pharmaceutical companies.
5-6 years ago the norm for hematocrit was 55 then it went down to 52 and now I knew that some laboratories even report 49 lol it's similar with other health markers

The second issue is whether you went for the blood test properly hydrated - if you did not drink at least 1 liter of water an hour before the test, do not be surprised that the result is higher than it actually is.

it is not a high hematocrit because laboratory standards are reduced every year to convince people that they are sick and to prescribe drugs to them, thus making money for pharmaceutical companies.
5-6 years ago the norm for hematocrit was 55 then it went down to 52 and now I knew that some laboratories even report 49 lol it's similar with other health markers

The second issue is whether you went for the blood test properly hydrated - if you did not drink at least 1 liter of water an hour before the test, do not be surprised that the result is higher than it actually is.
I did not, only drank 24ozs. Did it first thing in the morning at 7am

why would you give blood at a HCT of 48? Hopefully not because you thought its too high but rather because you want to help?

why would you give blood at a HCT of 48? Hopefully not because you thought its too high but rather because you want to help?
I give blood twice a year, just happened to be at the same time I was ending a cycle and getting post-cycle bloods so it threw me off

When we lose blood, our body’s natural hematological response is to stimulate more red blood cell production, plasma, platelets, etc. Th is process is called “hematopoiesis.”

You can donate once in a while if your ferritin is high but don’t do it because your hematocrit is high. 48% is low for someone on steroids.

True story. My experience confirms this.

Naringin has done wonders for me. You won't need to donate...
A lot of the stuff you've shared has been out of date which I get since you had such a long layoff.

You don't need naringin. Unless you have a genetic clotting disorder the only two things to focus on to keep hematocrit in range are staying properly hydrated and managing sleep apnea. 99.9% of bodybuilders will have no issues if they do those things. And again, the high hematocrit really doesn't matter in the absence of clotting disorders unless it gets to something astronomical.

A lot of the stuff you've shared has been out of date which I get since you had such a long layoff.

You don't need naringin. Unless you have a genetic clotting disorder the only two things to focus on to keep hematocrit in range are staying properly hydrated and managing sleep apnea. 99.9% of bodybuilders will have no issues if they do those things. And again, the high hematocrit really doesn't matter in the absence of clotting disorders unless it gets to something astronomical.
fair enough. my dr made me aware of naringin in 2021 I believe, and on trt dose..200mg, my numbers were 16.5-17.5 and I was doing phlebotomy's weekly, but hey the body changes every year right? Who knows. I know it can't be a bad thing to take that's for sure.

deft agree with the hydration. That's more important than anything else IMO.

And this naringin. There is several health benefits to it. I am on 6 medications, blood pressure and blood thinners to name a few. I have been warned be careful with grapefruit juice. Is naringin safe to take. Is there another chemical in grapefruit juice that is the problem. Just wondering, i would like to have the health benefits of grapefruit.

And this naringin. There is several health benefits to it. I am on 6 medications, blood pressure and blood thinners to name a few. I have been warned be careful with grapefruit juice. Is naringin safe to take. Is there another chemical in grapefruit juice that is the problem. Just wondering, i would like to have the health benefits of grapefruit.

Another area in which the search for definite answers continues, is the quest to find the active constituents of grapefruit juice that are responsible for its actions on CYP enzyme systems and Pgp. The components of grapefruit juice that are responsible for clinical drug interactions have yet to be fully determined but the compounds thought to be responsible for this action include flavonoid glycosides (narirutin, naringin, naringinen, quercetin, kaemferol, hesperidin, neohesperidin, didymin, and poncirin) [8,31-34], furanocoumarins (6',7'-dihydroxybergamottin, bergamottin) and sesquiterpen (nootkatone)[8,22,32,35,36].

Flavanoids exist in grapefruit juice in the form of glycosides, with naringin being the most abundant. Upon ingestion, these are converted to aglycones and sugars by the action of intestinal flora. Being polyphenolic and electron rich, these compounds can theoretically inhibit the CYP enzymes. However, studies have at most shown an in vitro effect by these compounds on the these enzymes and have failed to identify any in vivo effect by them [37,38], leading to an implication that they are probably not the main active ingredients of grapefruit juice [1,39]. Studies have even failed to demonstrate any sort of activity in naringin although its metabolite naringinin was observed to be active in vitro. Yet, because of their huge quantities in grapefruit juice, and the fact that naringin is not present in other citrus juices, flavanoids remain a subject of research.

The main focus at present, however, is on furanocoumarins. This group includes Bergamottin, its derivative 6' 7' dihydroxybergamottin (DHB) and a host of other compounds [40]. Controversy still exists on the degree of their role in the inhibitory effects of grapefruit juice. Several studies have shown DHB [23,35,40] and to an extent Bergamottin [23] to be important contributors to the grapefruit juice effect. In one study, the inhibitory potency of DHB and four recently isolated furanocoumarins, when mixed with one another, almost approached that of grapefruit juice. Omission of any of the components resulted in decreased potency, suggesting that all major furanocoumarins contribute to the inhibitory effects of grapefruit juice [40]. However, others have suggested that DHB and Bergamottin are not the primary substances responsible for inhibition of CYP activity clinically [41,42]. For now, this topic also remains a subject of intense research

Kiani J, Imam SZ. Medicinal importance of grapefruit juice and its interaction with various drugs. Nutr J. 2007 Oct 30;6:33. doi: 10.1186/1475-2891-6-33. PMID: 17971226; PMCID: PMC2147024.

On 9/27/22 I had a quadruple bypass at age 62...Three consecutive days prior to the surgery I had a CBC...my hematocrit was between 52-54 and my hemoglobin was between 17-18...I had a CBC done every day after the surgery for 3 weeks...my hematocrit dropped to 23 in less than 24 hours and never got higher than 29 during those 3 weeks in intensive care...9 months after surgery my hematocrit was up to 45 and hemoglobin was up to 14...

I have donated whole blood twice a year for 30 years...helping others is a good thing to do especially since i am a universal donor...i'm sure you've been told that as hematocrit and hemoglobin rise your blood becomes thick like ketchup...thick blood is hard on the heart... don't overthink this...just donate...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws