over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

CONTEST HELP

notle

Newbies
hi i have a competition coming up in about a month and am going to do a trial....here is what i have gathered from the info posted here and other sites. well about my bodytype...im basically your fat boy and needless to say i hold fat and water easily...vascularity is quite rare on my body even when bodyfat is low. i guess thats a genetic thing but im trying to work towards it. i hope to peak this saturday so here is what i have been doing this past week...i will assess the results this saturday and modify it hopefully with you guys input and help. so here is my plan for the trial pls critique away!

10 days out- salt food generously
saturday-
cheat day...had 3 whole meals...loads of carbs rice noodles etc...but kept sweet stuff to a minimum

sunday- wednesday(today)-
depletion starts. HIIT in afternoon, fast -paced circuit full body training in evening. protein 1g/lb chicken eggs fish....carbs 20g of virtago after each workout.....fats 40g of flax seed oil a day.water intake i did not moniter precisely but know that it increased daily ..was pissing every hour today and my bottle did not leave my sight. today i took in rougly 10 litres.

thursday-
training the same...except another session of HIIT in a day after weights. water cut at 4pm.sodium cut at about 1pm.0 carbs. protein and fat same as before.i removed eggs as they contained sodium and stuck to chicken.

friday-
training same as thursday....water still cut as well sodium...and diet is the same as thursday. will start shit loading at about 9pm. sip ONLY ABIT of water to get food down during this period.will assess my condition throughout this period into the night.

saturday-
depending on what turns out in the morning, ideally i will have a large breakfast and continue shitloading....and sip water if i feel flat.final part will be to take half tsp of salt with some grape juice 1 hour before assessing my body at the gym with my mentor.

was thinking of adding in 100g of virtago when just beforei begin my shitload... thenatural has advised against it. any thoughts on that?Also....was wondering if i should refrain from messing arnd with sodium loading too much and juz stick to a low sodium diet throughout and let th eshit load do its job.

thanks for any help guys

that looks good...

there are a few things i would change though... the sodium is a hard game to figure out, i tried all the load and deplet stuff befor but ended up peaking a day early and then could not get tightened back up for the show the next day... it is just more than its worth imo....

i usually keep sodium low untill i cut water fri night, then i will generally have a moderate amount of sodium fri night and a big breakfast containing a lot of sodium sat morn befor the show....

i generally cut out my training by wensday, so wen would be a light trainig day, then thu i will pose 3-4 times for 20-30 min each this seems to help me harden up a bit... fri i will pose in the morn a little and rest the remainder of the day... this is really important on fri, make sure you have no stress and have everything in place... i will take a few naps fri, and get to bed early fri night.... sat morn i will get up early and see what i look like, make sure to giver yourself 45 min or so of moving around befor you look in the mirror.. you want to make sure you let your body get some blood and fluid back in the muscle befor you make any rash decisions...

this works for me well, and i have used it with a few others i know and had good sucess...

if you are a camel and hold water you probably want to start drying out earlier than i do to make sure you get all the water out....

good luck to you....

Km is on the money here. You should drop the training three days out before a show. Give your muscles a chance to take up the carbs and water. practice your routine and the mandatories. Keep your stress levels low. As for the sodium loading, depleteing...........give it away. Too hard to time and most end up fucking up great condition by missing it! Keep it simple bro. I think too many on here try to make this rocket science and their bodies are so fucked up from the four to six different drugs they are using they spend the last weeks of prep chasing one drug with another to find the magic combo!!! If it aint broke.........don't fix it!!!

hey thanks for the input guys.especially km great info.
i so totally agree with u guys on not messing arnd with sodium...its just too big a gamble....i couldnt judge my body at all today...there was lil to no improvement...i felt myself drying den flattening out. i will instead listen to km and jus kp sodium low 1 week out and get my sodium intake during my load :D .so glad i did this trial and not screw with the sodium during the actual comp. guess i got caught up with the nitty gritties too much and should not do anything too drastic.

just a couple of questions.

1.KM so do u do ur load the night before?and im guessing it must be a shitload right.or do u do a traditional 3 day load

2. also can i ask u bout your water intake during the load...is it ok to sip abit cos i read that water will help u to fill up.

3. this is quite unrelated but i hope i can pick your brains here. i had been doing HIT training and HIIT cardio up to this point...now my friend is advising me to switch to a higher volume and do slow painful reps(eg. drop sets, supersets) and low intensity cardio to "condition" and "harden up" my body cos though my bf is now about 11 percent i dont have a hard look and vascularity and my friend attributes that to my wrong method of training and conditioning. what are your thoughts on such an approach?

e reason i was asking 2 is cos i was brought into bodybuilding with many old school (wrong) ideas stuck in my head...eg. my 1st comp i cut off sodium and water 3 days out surviving on lil sips throughout the day.needless to say i fucked up,had cracked lips and was super miserable. so im still kinda paranoid when it comes to water.

thanks for ur help once again.

i do a 2-3 day load depending on how i look, i also do a large breakfast the morn of the show, lots of fats and carbs usually....

to tell you the truth, i will drink 3+ gallons of water on friday and cut it at like 8pm or so.... the excess water will help you to dry out (aldosterone).... then i will sip the rest of fri night and sat morn to get food down.... if i stop my water intake too early i will be falt as a hotcake..... and plus you feel like shit when your dehydrated for 3 days....

your training for now till the show should not be intense at all, i would run through a few upper body lifts enuf to tighten up and fill out a bit but no more... dont listen to your friend, changing your training style right now will make no difference in your apperance on stage... the reason for the light intensity is you want your muscles to heal up... when they are fully healed you will be able to uptake more glycogen and the muscle will look harder and fuller...

if you are at 11% right now, you are still holding onto some bodyfat, that is probably the reason you are not seeing too much in the way of viens...

biggest mistake you can make right now is trying something that is completly new to your body, chances are you will screw it up! most of here have at one point or another...

good luck, let us know if you have any more questions....

I'm glad to see KM, that you use the old school way to dry out. I've used this method over the years and works a treat. I too often see the sad results of diuretic use back stage. Guyd cramping, passing out, sick, dehydrated etc. i have never had an issue with cramps on stage. I have always felt good the day of my shows. The best way to lose water is with water. Km, How you going?? Any new pics yet. The last set had you looking real good. Put up a few so we can have a peak bro!!

ok thanks will let you know if i have anymore questions. gr8 to see a no bs forum finally with helpful pple inside:D

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws