over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deadlift can make your waist wide?

Never said i was bud. My back is probably my weakest point.

I said if your obliques hurt deadlifting you're doing them wrong.

I usually do 25-30 reps with 315 at the end of my back workout, this is relatively light for me and gets my back nice and pumped no oblique soreness.

The obliques soreness only comes if I go heavier 10 reps with 495+ etc, there is no wrong way to do 10 reps with 495lbs trust me.

Heavy deads and squats will thicken the waist, will it turn a 30" waist into a 34" waist? - no but it can and will add an inch or so and that might be offset with the width you gain up top from doing them

You mean don't hurt? I never disagreed. What I said is your they should be the least sore compared to lower back/lats.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think it was a mix up as he said the same thing. We both alluded that you shouldn't feel your obliques if you are doing them right.

I think you look pretty good. I have a pic of my back up in the Pic you took today thread...one when I first started back training after a long layoff, and another after a few months back in the gym. But I'm currently trying to put back on weight that I lost and still barely weighing 180 lbs in that last pic.

I think it'll make a sick back. Thick waist, na. My obliques are never sore after deads . Only lower back/lats

I usually do 25-30 reps with 315 at the end of my back workout, this is relatively light for me and gets my back nice and pumped no oblique soreness.

The obliques soreness only comes if I go heavier 10 reps with 495+ etc, there is no wrong way to do 10 reps with 495lbs trust me.

Heavy deads and squats will thicken the waist, will it turn a 30" waist into a 34" waist? - no but it can and will add an inch or so and that might be offset with the width you gain up top from doing them

I am not at that weight yet...just using 405 for higher reps. But since losing all this weight...my waist is below 30". So I will gladly trade an inch or two for the thickness it seems to give my mid and upper back. :D

Exactly. I love deadlifts so even if they did thicken my waist id still do them.

My mistake then Monster. I guess we were agreeing, just worded poorly/differently :)

Exactly. I love deadlifts so even if they did thicken my waist id still do them.

My mistake then Monster. I guess we were agreeing, just worded poorly/differently :)
No worries brotha. I love deads too! And I'll post a pic of the back still just for fun.

Dave Palumbo talked about heavy squats adding 2-3" to his waist but it also made his legs huge. When he stopped doing the squats his waist got smaller but so did the legs, proportions stayed the same

Not nearly as lean as you tren. Getting shredded has never been my strong point lol**broken link removed**

Heard this so many times before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answer is no they won't. Not sure how your hip structure would change from increasing abdominal pressure.

Waist width is set by bones, the top of the hip bones just below where the obliques attach, obliques don't make your waist wider, they can actually accentute your v-taper. It can be hard to tell if you aren't lean enough.

Thanks for the replies guys. I would compete in june and i want to try to reduce my waist.
I would like an opinion from Dante and John Meadows
If you feel that deadlifts off the floor will widen your waist (which it might) , simply do rack pulls instead.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Waist width is set by bones, the top of the hip bones just below where the obliques attach, obliques don't make your waist wider, they can actually accentute your v-taper. It can be hard to tell if you aren't lean enough.

Look at how much their obliques protrude from the hip bone. Almost all pros have obliques than hang over their hip bone

Hip bone being where their thongs are, the part above is the obliques that when bigger will make the wast look wider

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 80
Damn the pic above is photo shopped, here is an untouched on, still shows the same thing

Attachments

• phil.jpg
    phil.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 79
Damn the pic above is photo shopped, here is an untouched on, still shows the same thing

Kia is actually using his obliques to accentuate his v-taper in that front double bi. In the photoshopped pic you can see from the outline of the photo that the bottom of their obliques begins the first part of the V then the lats the upper part of the V, the narrowest part is set by the hip bones where the trunks sit. I do agree Phil is a little blocky there but that is a side effect of getting that huge everywhere else imo, most bodybuilders will do nothing but improve their physique by developing their obliques to reasonable levels.

Kia is actually using his obliques to accentuate his v-taper in that front double bi. In the photoshopped pic you can see from the outline of the photo that the bottom of their obliques begins the first part of the V then the lats the upper part of the V, the narrowest part is set by the hip bones where the trunks sit. I do agree Phil is a little blocky there but that is a side effect of getting that huge everywhere else imo, most bodybuilders will do nothing but improve their physique by developing their obliques to reasonable levels.

If either one of them lost an inch off their obliques on each side they would look much better

Lol phill an Kai are horrible examples. Both with turtle shell guts so everything pushes out. Old school guys deadlifted and waist all looked small back then. Franco did heavy dreads and I believe Arnold powelifted when he was young and pulled 710.

Lol phill an Kai are horrible examples. Both with turtle shell guts so everything pushes out. Old school guys deadlifted and waist all looked small back then. Franco did heavy dreads and I believe Arnold powelifted when he was young and pulled 710.

Francos obliques were well(over)developed, arnold isn't known for a tiny waist either but hid his wide waist well by twisting etc

Attachments

• franco.jpg
    franco.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 50

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads