over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deadlifts Back or Leg day??

ShortStop

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I never use to do deadlifts but im starting to like them and incorperated them in my leg workouts. There very taxing thou feel like its taking some needed energy from my squats. I do leg presses also along with leg extensions, curls and my calves. It seems to be a bit to much. could i cut out the curls becuz the deads are using my hamstrings anyways? What about the leg presses too is that to much? What does your leg day look like when your adding deadlifts?
I been hearing alot of doing deads with back also. Does anybody do them this way? I feel like i get more out of it with my legs and wouldnt even know where to begin when adding them with back.
Ive been alternating deads and squats going 1st in my workouts just not to give one more attention than the other. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciately

Legs

Hello there.

There are some great videos of Kai Green doing legs(also other body parts) on Bodybuilding.com. Just do a search using "Training with Kai", click on the first result which will bring up that video, and to the right, under his pic, is a Training with Kai link, that brings up all the videos.

Have fun!

I think squat + deadlift + legpress + calves + leg curls etc is too much energy expenditure, as you pointed out.

I do deadlifts on back day. The order will depend on what you're trying to prioritize but doing deads after chins and rows is one way to do it. Would def rec splitting up squats and deadlifts in separate days in any case.

you doing stiff leg or like stadard DL? i do SLDs w legs for hams...and DL and rack deadlifts for back thickness...

no need to leg press with squats. i like the idea of stiff leg on leg day and rack pull on back day. i would do 3 sets each of leg curl and extensions then squat for all you're worth. take 5 min sitdown break then do the stiff leg deads.

after deadlifts theres no way i could have a good leg workout, i dont have the energy for it. and i like to go heavy on deadlifts so i always do them first on back day.

yea thanks for all your responses. i just started doing standard under overhand grip straight bar deadlifts and yea its killing my leg workouts.... Im gonna have to switch to back and see how that works for me.
Im just trying to get my form down. I dont rep out i feel like i break form trying to do reps. I like to step out of it. I just do 1rep for 1 set add weight for one more rep 2nd set and so on until i cant do no more. Is this good practice or will my gains be better by doing reps?

Also would suggest not to overdo deads 2-3 times a month is more than enaugh.
Obviously depends on personal goals and etc etc but for modern gym rat who has good 4 years of exp 2-3 is good enaugh :)

I keep "leg day" and "back day" as far apart as possible, just because I do deads with back and like to go heavy with both.

Age-old debate... I've always liked squating first then regular deadlifting on leg day, sure I can do more weight doing it on back day but I feel like since the quads are already exhausted I can feel the work in my hams more. I will switch it up with straight leg though on leg day and do reg on back day that week now and then.

actually i never tried to do stiff legs anything new that would make help my legs grow. Thats what im thinking stiff deads on leg day and regular deads om back seems to be the route

Unless you plan on doing a power lifting competition leave over-under at home. You leave the bicep on the "under" arm at a good risk of a tear. Just go as heavy as you can without straps then use straps once you out lift your grip strength.

I always do my deadlifts first on back day and always use straps because after two torn biceps would never take chance with over, under hand grip. I'm addicted to doing these and start at two twenty five and add twenty five lb. plates coming off of floor untill can't lift bar any longer. Usually spend a hour on just deadlifts then I'm so jack up bomb rest of my back for next hour and always give myself two days recovery before doing legs. I always wrap my knees with my red stripes and use inzor comp. belt before each lift.

SLDs tear my hams up like no other....get form down rite or ur lower back will kill...i do DC style training and i can say on back/upper body day, that i DEF do DL last on my list for the sole reason that my whole workout after them is at about 60% strength lol...there would be no way i could crush deads, then go into like beating logbook for pulldowns, then chest, then tris, then delts...i can do all of those 1st tho, and still remain pretty strong on DL...455x13 last week for last exercise, sum1 feelssss the boooom!! legggooooo!!:D

Used to do deadlifts on back day.

Do not do them anymore as my bicep partially tore (not a complete rupture) deadlifting 765 from the floor on my 2nd rep.

If you are strictly a bodybuilder, please listen to the advice given above and use an overhand grip, progressing to straps when your grip is limiting you.

completely tore my distal bicep tendon dead lifting with over n under grip..

Used to do deadlifts on back day.

Do not do them anymore as my bicep partially tore (not a complete rupture) deadlifting 765 from the floor on my 2nd rep.

If you are strictly a bodybuilder, please listen to the advice given above and use an overhand grip, progressing to straps when your grip is limiting you.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws