over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

deadlifts in bodybuilding?

king augustus

Registered
hey guys whats your thoughts on deadlifts? regular deadlifts vs quarter deadlifts? going heavy and maxing out for one rep or going lighter and maxing out at 5 reps?

hey guys whats your thoughts on deadlifts? regular deadlifts vs quarter deadlifts? going heavy and maxing out for one rep or going lighter and maxing out at 5 reps?

I'm not a bodybuilder, but guys that do full deadlifts just have a different look to them. I wouldn't go any heavier than 3 reps max for bodybuilding purposes.

Like other exercises in bodybuilding, reps usually range from 6 to 20. One rep maxes in any lifts are seldom used in traditional bodybuilding training.

Regular versus rack deadlifts: that's up to you, depending on which one gives you the results you're after. Regular deadlifts have more of an effect on the glutes and legs (and pretty much the whole body) while rack deadlifts have more of an effect on the upper back.

Rack deadlifts are done by some when there is lower back aggravation, fatigue, or injury.

both...but with reps in 6-10 range

Absolutely DL. no singles or doubles other than a rare strength check if thats your thing. I wouldn't pull full deads more than 1x every 7-10 days .

Snatch grip deadlifts off a 4 inch platform. Excellent for back development, as well as quads, glutes, and hamstrings.

Definitely regular deads and rack deads for 6-10 reps!!!

BEAST

deadlifts seem to give me good strength. I hear ppl who deadlift alot of heavyweight tend to make their ass grow and i know all bodybuilders want to stay way from that correct?

Used to do a ton of deadlifts when I was younger. After some crushed disks I only keep to limited Romanian deadlifts to concentrate on my hamstrings.

Always did Deadlift or rack DL once a week in range of 6 to 8 reps. I feel it alot in my lower/inner back and my traps even the rear delts.

going for one rep max in dealifts is strictly for powerlifters and guys who need to enhance their ego lol

My staple exercise on back day is full deadlifts. IMO if you want to be thick there is only one other exercise in the same league that recruits nearly the same fiber range and those are squats. With those two exercises alone- done properly- you will become a beast. All the other isolating movements are considered secondary lifts. If you are not deadlifting at least every 10 days you sure are missing out. 8-10 reps on working sets after warming up with 20 reps and maybe if you are feeling good that day go for a triple.

Personally I switch it up. Double overhand grip on lighter working sets to about 10 reps and on heavies 3-6 reps left over right under. Grip strength without wraps is typically your weak link in the chain. I don't use wraps. Just a belt on heavy sets.

i have not done deads in a bit but used do em all the time under over grip always, been taken a break from them cause they trash my low back an mess with my legs day for squats....

from personal experience ive gotten better back development dead lifting in the 1-6 rep range

just my experience, obviously i gain alot more strength with that rep range, but the size definitively came aswell

besides being able to deadlift heavy is awesome, it just makes you feel like a king ripping massive amounts of weight off the floor and throwing it back on the dead lift platform

that and i always found high rep range dead lifting boring, and hence i didn't get much progression becoz i never had that mental drive wen doing 10-12 reps

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws