over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Social Media is Ruining Bodybuilding

There's good and bad. I really wish all the info of harm prevention and awareness of the pharmacokinetics of what actual compounds do. Also its much easier to make a living off of fitness due to social media.

Then you've got all the fake natties, teens hoping on tren and just straight up scams.

For those of us who don't have the inclination to sit through 10 minutes of that, what's the TLDR?

I don’t care or have time to watch the video (just being honest), but in terms of social media and bodybuilding it’s just like anything else in life.

It all comes down on “intent”.

You have guys like Andrew Berry with BSG putting out real content because they have good intentions.

Then you have guys like Liver King who post stuff to make money and get attention.

Then you also have some guys who straddle that line and try and do both. It never ends well in most cases for these guys as that’s not sustainable IMO.

Ohh, my life is so important that I don't have 10 minutis 🤔

He speaks as a professional athlete doing shows how much more enjoyed in the past, before social media, perhaps you should listen to what he has to say before passing judgement.

He speaks as a professional athlete doing shows how much more enjoyed in the past, before social media, perhaps you should listen to what he has to say before passing judgement.
Alright… fair enough.

I don’t think it’s made it a “clown show” as he said, but my push back to his statement on social media and knowing who is competing- I don’t do IG and social media for bodybuilding for that reason. If you don’t like it… don’t do it and turn that shit off. Simple. 😂 Bodybuilding is still an individual sport as he said.

Agreed that the cameras are annoying as hell and tri-pods in the gym. But again… if you don’t like it don’t do it.

All the top guys now film their top workouts, working and top sets. They don’t film everyday or a bad day. And it’s how they make a living. Part of the game now.

Comparing bodybuilding to Ms. America is a bit of a stretch IMO. But to each their own.

Now I do agree that I miss the days of not seeing competitors until they stepped on stage. That was so much more exciting IMO than seeing all these guys weeks out and then expecting them to look like they’re PWO on stage.

There’s good and bad in the interview, but it sounds like if he doesn’t like it then he needs to get another job and bodybuild because he loves it. 🤷‍♂️

Happy… listened to the video and have wasted 10 minutes of my life. 😂

For people with an open mind and are unbiased social media and the internet in general can have benifits. For the rest it is questionable in my opinion.

Social Media in the physique competition world is a toxic pile of shit, and has been an overall detriment to anyone that consumes it for multiple reasons. The only people it benefits are those very very few like Cbum and Sulek who have gotten wealthy. Outside of that less than 1% it has failed the people

I don't like social media personally. If it makes.one happy posting all about themselves that's great, good.for you I am happy for you. I.don't like my pictures on the net. Literally at get togethers there.are always two family photos with one being internet friendly that I am.not in. Why that is I wish I could tell you??? As far as BB I do like the pre contest photos that people post here, but not worth setting up an account.for. I think it builds excitement for an event. So I see its value for promotions being events. contests or products. I am not a fan of filming going on when I am at the gym but people usually get bored with it it seems and if you ask them not to have you in the background they are usually pretty cool. Still though it is annoying and I'd rather grab their phone or camera and throw it on the ground but that's frowned upon in modern society.

I am maybe also a little on the old side so juice info beyond peeps on this board and people I can call I am pretty covered for what I am doing. I am very lucky in the fact.that
I found this board and the.friendships i have had throughout my lifting career. I think a lot of it has to do with my ability to listen and keep my mouth shut. If I ever.decided.to do a show I'd get a coach and not try and piece my pre contest together with bits here and there. Hell after seeing some of the transformations on this board I am thinking about a coach anyway. I watched some tiktoks and I think a lot of.them they really don't have a complete grasp of what they are pushing. Like they were just told some info right before.they filmed. I always ask 'what makes.you feel that person has your best interest at heart' to people.who mention tiktok product/vendors. I do this out of genuine curiosity. The.answers.are varied from confused looks to they have the physique I want to have. We were all a little naive at one point.

ive noticed all the younger women do is train on the HIP/GLUTE BRIDGE exercise hogging a horizontal flat bench and smith machine for hours. i have also observed they train no other body parts, including legs (rarely). BBLS have to be the direct influence for this. It is ridiculous for everyone else who wants to use that machine where it is already rare in gyms (helps my pelvic tilt). i ran my biz and excelled for 13 years via social media capitalizing on FB right when it surfaced and I'm sick of it and having to innovate all orienting around social media to stay afloat. superficial and ego freak central

All the top guys now film their top workouts, working and top sets. They don’t film everyday or a bad day. And it’s how they make a living. Part of the game now.

I think you have to focus on the point that Tuttle makes, which is precisely this.

Being a pro bodybuilder is worse now than in the past because they have to work not only for competition day, some magazine shoots, or guest posing, they're in the public eye all day long. And this is not a choice, it's an obligation, otherwise you don't have contracts. Only Hadi can afford, in part, not to have to act this way, but that is because the state pays a lot of money to professional bodybuilders in Iran. It is the same in other countries in the region where many refuse the pro card and continue in their amateur careers winning trophies and money.

Bodybuilding has always had this sport ambassador bullshit, but it can only get worse in social media age.

For athletes and fans, as a whole, bodybuilding is worse now.

Social Media in the physique competition world is a toxic pile of shit, and has been an overall detriment to anyone that consumes it for multiple reasons. The only people it benefits are those very very few like Cbum and Sulek who have gotten wealthy. Outside of that less than 1% it has failed the people

Hm, is it really not better for the normal competitors nowadays? There a lot of physique guys and girls that are making a living just by posting frequently on social media. I would argue a lot more are now able to live off being a bodybuilder / physique athlete than before the rise of Social Media. Magazines, Sponsorships and Price Money may have been good for the small elite at the top, but most of the "normal" athletes got barely anything. That has changed now considerably.

The main negative I see is all the hate people write in the comments. It's far too easy to post a negative comment with no consequences. It breeds a culture of negativity instead of positivity.

I would argue a lot more are now able to live off being a bodybuilder / physique athlete than before the rise of Social Media. Magazines, Sponsorships and Price Money may have been good for the small elite at the top, but most of the "normal" athletes got barely anything. That has changed now considerably.

Because that's a positive thing? I mean, unless you're one of the people involved, what do you care if there are more people in the sport making money when most of them are not real bodybuilders, but influencers, classic or bikinis competitors?

And then there's the other part, amateur athletes now spend a lot more money than they used to in competitions

That really wasn't my intention.

There's just a lot of 'old man shouting at a cloud' type of sentiment around social media these days. Some of which is valid and others which are just the usual older generation looking back at things with rose tinted glasses.

I was reading an ancient Greek text once, I forget which one, but part of it was a discussion of how different and better things were in the characters youth and how today's youth are lazy. Bear in mind this text was at least 4 thousand years old so this phenomenon is hardly a sign of the times.

People would do well to remember that, things change and you have to roll with them. It's fun to talk nostalgically but it offers no real value.

I still haven't watched the video.

1707774865784.png

That really wasn't my intention.

There's just a lot of 'old man shouting at a cloud' type of sentiment around social media these days. Some of which is valid and others which are just the usual older generation looking back at things with rose tinted glasses.

I was reading an ancient Greek text once, I forget which one, but part of it was a discussion of how different and better things were in the characters youth and how today's youth are lazy. Bear in mind this text was at least 4 thousand years old so this phenomenon is hardly a sign of the times.

People would do well to remember that, things change and you have to roll with them. It's fun to talk nostalgically but it offers no real value.

I still haven't watched the video.

View attachment 192424
Fair enough, but when I'm at a restaurant and an entire family sit there, not speaking, all staring at their ****** rectangle I think that is sad. When I see a father walking his child outside at the park and staring at his phone and not the world around him enjoying time with his child I think its sad. When I see people who place their order at the drive through next to our store and immediately get back on their phone for the 100ft drive to the pickup window I find that sad.

I think it's great that I can pop on IG and see contest photos in real time, fucking awesome, but when the ****** rectangle beeps and the person I am speaking to, IN PERSON IN THE REAL WORLD, immediately ignores me to see what the beep is, I think that is rude and sad and pathetic. To pay X dollars a month to be at the beck and call of a device is sad to me.

It is what it is but I pride myself in NOT being a slave of the ****** rectangle.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131