over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Social Media is Ruining Bodybuilding

Fair enough, but when I'm at a restaurant and an entire family sit there, not speaking, all staring at their ****** rectangle I think that is sad. When I see a father walking his child outside at the park and staring at his phone and not the world around him enjoying time with his child I think its sad. When I see people who place their order at the drive through next to our store and immediately get back on their phone for the 100ft drive to the pickup window I find that sad.

I think it's great that I can pop on IG and see contest photos in real time, fucking awesome, but when the ****** rectangle beeps and the person I am speaking to, IN PERSON IN THE REAL WORLD, immediately ignores me to see what the beep is, I think that is rude and sad and pathetic. To pay X dollars a month to be at the beck and call of a device is sad to me.

It is what it is but I pride myself in NOT being a slave of the ****** rectangle.

You're right that is sad.

However if it wasn't the phones perhaps that same family would still be as disengaged as they currently are. Perhaps they'd be staring out of the window, or reading a paper or just sat in silence resenting each other.

The point being bad parenting is the umbrella issue and it occurred in every generation.

This is simply human nature.

A lot of what we attribute to the downfalls of this generation is simply the current experience of human nature.

It is the nature of man to be imperfect, if it's there we'll find a way to fuck things up. Every generation just fucks it up a little bit differently and then forgets when they get older.

That really wasn't my intention.

There's just a lot of 'old man shouting at a cloud' type of sentiment around social media these days. Some of which is valid and others which are just the usual older generation looking back at things with rose tinted glasses.

I was reading an ancient Greek text once, I forget which one, but part of it was a discussion of how different and better things were in the characters youth and how today's youth are lazy. Bear in mind this text was at least 4 thousand years old so this phenomenon is hardly a sign of the times.

People would do well to remember that, things change and you have to roll with them. It's fun to talk nostalgically but it offers no real value.

I still haven't watched the video.

View attachment 192424
I really like this, once you understand that life is a series of cycles and your just in a different one than others everything becomes clear. this book is excellent https://www.amazon.com/Cycles-Prediction-Edward-R-Dewey/dp/1493759108 and can be applied to all areas of life!

That really wasn't my intention.

There's just a lot of 'old man shouting at a cloud' type of sentiment around social media these days. Some of which is valid and others which are just the usual older generation looking back at things with rose tinted glasses.

I was reading an ancient Greek text once, I forget which one, but part of it was a discussion of how different and better things were in the characters youth and how today's youth are lazy. Bear in mind this text was at least 4 thousand years old so this phenomenon is hardly a sign of the times.

People would do well to remember that, things change and you have to roll with them. It's fun to talk nostalgically but it offers no real value.

I still haven't watched the video.

View attachment 192424

I believe that this Greek text is an invention and never existed.

Although it may be true that each generation tends to be resistant to change and the changes are promoted by the new generation who believe they can do better. The results of the current generation are there for all to see.

But here we are talking about how social media affects to ompeting and developing a pro career. If you ask any good athlete, I'm sure they would rather live in the days of Muscletech and Weider than today, mainly because they didn't have to share pro status with 3 million other athletes in other divisions. And there weren't thousands of fitness influencers becoming famous and popular without ever committing.

I really like this, once you understand that life is a series of cycles and your just in a different one than others everything becomes clear. this book is excellent https://www.amazon.com/Cycles-Prediction-Edward-R-Dewey/dp/1493759108 and can be applied to all areas of life!

Exactly, but every generation thinks they know better and thinks they are immune from basic human nature. Not realising that exact thought process is precisely what every preceding generation thought about themselves too.

Social media is merely a symptom of the greater problem, which is human nature.

But if a guy really believes that people are simply worse now, it becomes very easy to ignore the obvious.

Social media has ruined virtually everything. An entire generation views life through a distorted lens. Times are changin, whether i like it or not. There’s a lot of good in social media, but the net sum is negative imo.

I remember 60 years ago feeling i didn't fit in, was insecure and the world was a big place i couldn't do a thing about. But i was a little kid. At this age i just figure that is how most people feel and is the norm. Seems many think they are special for feeling that way. And are crying out for someone to change things for them. I just did what i could and then moved along. As i don't think society or people have changed any in my life and probably not for centuries. Most all the problems i hear about were around 60 years ago, nothing really new. Social media lets people voice their opinions where as they used to keep them more to themselves or there just wasn't access to the vast majority of people that are dissatisfied to know how many there really were.

Social media has ruined virtually everything. An entire generation views life through a distorted lens. Times are changin, whether i like it or not. There’s a lot of good in social media, but the net sum is negative imo.

there's going to be a reckoning for my generation (im 34)

this much is certain - and it's going to be wild to watch

there's going to be a reckoning for my generation (im 34)

this much is certain - and it's going to be wild to watch
Yup - I’m 37. Just deactivated my IG. Needed a break from social media. I liken it to an addiction but I wasn’t getting the high anymore. It was just habit. Literally every time I open my phone I would open IG. Been off for about a month - gonna try and make it last a while.

Yup - I’m 37. Just deactivated my IG. Needed a break from social media. I liken it to an addiction but I wasn’t getting the high anymore. It was just habit. Literally every time I open my phone I would open IG. Been off for about a month - gonna try and make it last a while.

My mom recently asked me what “onlyfans” is

This is a great life hack.

Been about two years since I decided to remove most social media off my phone. I have to use IG for work, and they're tricky because the desktop app doesn't have the same functionality.

I even considered replacing my iPhone with a basic blackberry for a while.

For me the insidious thing about the quick and easy access to social media is that the gaps in your day where you might normally sit, think and reflect are filled instead with endless scrolling of titillating and rage inducing media content.

The net effect is that we get less time during the day to reflect on potentially unpleasant thoughts. Even minor things which don't get dealt with correctly are instead pushed to one side for the dopamine hit of social media. So they grow.

I do feel a large part of the discontentment and growing mental illnesses people feel in the modern day are down to this self imposed removal of time to mentally untangle the days events.

Social media, if not dealt with, never allows us to 'mentally breath'. Meditation a really focused hit of this but not everyone meditates. But getting rid of social media on your phone is hugely beneficial.

Information being stored digitally is one of the worst things that could ever happen to the future of humanity. Lots of important information was intentionally destroyed during world wars, libraries and archives no longer need to be bombed and burned. Its a dangerous thing. As for bodybuilding, honestly its never been better for the majority of competitors regardless of how we 'feel' about social medias impact.

I do miss bodybuilding being a more niche thing, anything that becomes universally popular amongst the general population will become common. There is nothing uncommon amongst common people. Its an ego thing, you like your favourite song - if it seemed like the entire world played that song every single day and you witnessed people who disgust you enjoying it - you might not like that song. That's how humans are, we're fickle at the best of times lol.

For me personally that was where I began to make negative connections with bodybuilding and my reality - to witness people on social media make/create the most cringe worthy and attention seeking vomit inducing 'content' and regurgitate whatever somebody else posted with 0 attempts at original thought whatsoever - that makes me sick. I didn't and don't want to be related to or have any part in whatever EVERYBODY else wants to do.

To see bodybuilding painted in fashions I don't personally relate with, constantly - all the time, by seemingly everybody. That had a psychological impact, I think bodybuilders are a little fucked up in the head and take big risks and gambles in order to pursue the creation of their physique/art. There is a ton of sacrifice and it was a path rarely trodden by the casual person, it is definitely not playing life on safe mode. To me bodybuilding appeared it was for a minority of people who enveloped specific traits that I related with or found respectable. Social media destroyed my perception of that

That's just some of my thoughts on the matter, I'm an arsehole and I don't like people.

This is a great life hack.

Been about two years since I decided to remove most social media off my phone. I have to use IG for work, and they're tricky because the desktop app doesn't have the same functionality.

I even considered replacing my iPhone with a basic blackberry for a while.

For me the insidious thing about the quick and easy access to social media is that the gaps in your day where you might normally sit, think and reflect are filled instead with endless scrolling of titillating and rage inducing media content.

The net effect is that we get less time during the day to reflect on potentially unpleasant thoughts. Even minor things which don't get dealt with correctly are instead pushed to one side for the dopamine hit of social media. So they grow.

I do feel a large part of the discontentment and growing mental illnesses people feel in the modern day are down to this self imposed removal of time to mentally untangle the days events.

Social media, if not dealt with, never allows us to 'mentally breath'. Meditation a really focused hit of this but not everyone meditates. But getting rid of social media on your phone is hugely beneficial.
#facts

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner