over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DecaVol Steroid Scandal at Government Nuclear Weapons Facility

Future

Registered
DecaVol Steroid Scandal at Government Nuclear Weapons Facility
by Millard Baker

Russ Walker, a security police officer at a high-security government nuclear weapons facility, was fired after testing positive for anabolic steroids. Walker attributes the positive steroid test to his use of the over-the-counter supplement identified as “DecaVol” manufactured by Advanced Muscle Science (AMS).

Russ Walker was a model employee at Wackenhut Services Inc. Oak Ridge (WSI-OR). WSI Oak Ridge is the private security contractor for the Y-12 nuclear weapons plant in Tennessee where nuclear warheads are manufactured for the U.S. military. Walker was asked to undergo steroid testing based on unspecified probable cause that he was in violation of company and Department of Energy policy.

Walker’s employment was terminated after he tested positive for anabolic steroids. Walker is one of several WSI-OR security police officers who have blamed positive steroid test results on the use of over-the-counter supplements (”Fired guard disputes test: Former Y-12 worker says he took legal supplements, not steroids,” July 26).

“I’ve served my country my whole life. That’s all I’ve ever done. I take supplements because I take my job seriously. I want to perform at the highest level if something does happen over there” at Y-12, which houses the nation’s stockpile of weapons-grade uranium and other bomb-making parts. “It’s not just about being muscular, about body. I carry an assault machine gun, and I might have to run a mile. Can I protect nuclear weapons if I’m fat and out of shape and have to run 100 yards?”

Russ Walker was only six months away from retirement. His dismissal by Wackenhut has resulted in considerable financial hardship. Walker exhausted his retirement accounts to meet family obligations; and he was denied unemployment compensation since he was fired for using illegal intoxicants.

Walker owner two Extreme Nutrition supplement stores in sales at his Extreme Nutrition supplement stores have suffered due to the steroid stigma associated with supplements. He states that a large number of his customers were security guards from the Oak Ridge Y-12 facility.

Wackenhut spokeswoman Courtney Henry acknowledges that the company was aware that the use of dietary supplements could result in a positive steroid result. However, the company follow a “strict liability” policy that holds employees responsible for any prohibited substances found in their body. The “strict liability” policy is the same policy advocated by the World Anti-Doping Agency for anti-doping controls in sports.

“It is not the company’s responsibility to determine what was taken, when, how or why,” she said.
Henry said Wackenhut officials do not believe use of illegal drugs, including anabolic steroids, is a big problem with security officers in Oak Ridge.

“We are aware, however, of the use of performance-enhancing stimulants, which can be purchased and taken legally, by a number of security police officers,” she said. “Independent studies have shown that between 10 percent and 25 percent of legally obtained performance-enhancing supplements contain enough anabolic steroids to result in a positive drug test for steroids, or metabolize in an individual system in a manner that causes a positive drug test. Although we cannot prohibit the use of these legal supplements, we have strongly discouraged their use.”

Randy Lawson, president of the International Guards Union of America Local 3, has challenged the firing of Russ Walker and other WSI-OR security guards. Lawson has argued that the steroid positives resulted from over-the-counter supplements and that WSI-OR did not provide a list of prohibited over-the-counter supplements.

Walker was asked to undergo steroid testing based on unspecified probable cause that he was in violation of company and Department of Energy policy.

That is a damn shame. Makes you wonder what the unspecified probable cause was.

Funny how they don't mention "what steroid" he tested positive for ?

wow this counrty is really starting to suck.i cant wait for this economy bullshit gets back to normal so they can stop picking on stupid crap like this.and start worring about things that really hurt this country.

so wait let me understand this Russ Walker was a model employee at Wackenhut Services Inc., but since he was in descent shape they drug tested him and fired him because he used a pro hormone. Makes me wonder when will creatine be illegal to use.

we need to organize somehow and get this bullshit to stop, like ACLU style

Contact Info to Y-12 Facility

Let them know how you feel:

Mail and delivery address information:

Y-12 National Security Complex
P.O. Box 2009
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-8245*

Non-mail deliveries:
Bear Creek Road
P.O. Box 2009
Oak Ridge, TN 37830

*This mailstop is for general inquiries. For other mail, please contact the intended recipient for the appropriate mailstop.

If you don't find what you're looking for on our Home Page, Site Map, or through our Search page, try one of the resources listed below.

Media Inquiries
Ellen Boatner, 865.241.4937
Public Affairs
Donna S. Griffith, 865.574.6806
Benefits
One Call, 865.574.1500
Business Development
Ashley Craig Watkins, 865.241.0629
Morris Hassler, 865.576.8136
Procurement
Bill Thornton, 865.241.3581
Socioeconomic Programs
Gloria Mencer, 865.576.2090
Employment
Staffing
[email protected], 865.576.1377
Verification of Employment
Program Contacts
Nuclear Nonproliferation

Gerald DeVault, 865.241.0365
Naval Reactors
Steve Sanders, 865.574.1951
Complementary Work
Morris Hassler, 865.576.8136
Partnerships
Tom Berg, 865.574.0907
Technology Transfer
Tammy Graham, 865.574.2214
Web Site
WebSource
Other
Ellen Boatner, 865.241.4937

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Us
Introduction Comments Staff Search Visiting Us Public Affairs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2009 | Operated by B&W Y-12

Very important lesson here

Keep you usage low-pro, never discuss with coworkers under any conditions

you never know when a so called friend could turn out to be your worst enemy

be smart people cause what most of us do is considered illegal

We need a "ASLA" American Steroids Liberty Association I nominate Big A for Pres...

Six months from retirement and they screwed him.
Wheres the humanity
[I guess there's none and a nuclear arms facility}

DecaVol was my first so-called prohormone, if u want to call it that. It claims to convert to Deca in the body. It even warns athletic and military testing could test positive... who knows.

It had the same affect as Sus 500 and Tren Extreme with me, as far as hardening muscles and pretty nice pumps.

Who knows? If he tested positive, then he tested positive. Thats the rule.

Cops dont care if you test .06 for alchohol. Its under the limit, but they will still bust your ass, just not a DWI. I think it is YOUR responsibility to know what YOU consume, how it reacts in YOUR body, and to know what consequences YOU can face for doing so. Its sux gear is illegal, even the over the counter stuff. But rules are rules.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131