over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Deep tissue massage

tflexxin

Registered
anyone get these done? Wondering what qualifications to look for in a LMT that would indicate they know anything about massage as a way of healing bodybuilding type injuries.

Very helpful IMO...esp. for bodybuilders. Really tears down the muscles and loosend up scar tissue. I get mine REALLY DEEP. It hurts like hell but it works great. I feel much better afterwards and much much better in the gym.

hurts. the lady that does mine clears her schedule 1 hour before my appointment so she can rest up, she really puts it to me:D . when my wife made my 1st appointment she told the lady to hurt me, lol, she did. she said she enjoys working on bodybuilders because she can see the muscle better that she is working compared to a normal client. my wife gets me an appointment for every holiday as a gift. now i just got to hit up my buddy mainevent the chiropractor, i think he can make me taller:D

deep tissue massage

I've heard that ART (Active Release Therapy) does wonders for impingements. There's an article in this monts issue of Ironman where Polquin talks about Sarcev coming to him right before he was going to go have shoulder surgery and Polquin sent him to an ART guy and he did wonders for Milos...anyway, just my 2 cents

edge250 said:
hurts. the lady that does mine clears her schedule 1 hour before my appointment so she can rest up, she really puts it to me:D . when my wife made my 1st appointment she told the lady to hurt me, lol, she did. she said she enjoys working on bodybuilders because she can see the muscle better that she is working compared to a normal client. my wife gets me an appointment for every holiday as a gift. now i just got to hit up my buddy mainevent the chiropractor, i think he can make me taller:D

Andrea?

no, the lady out in tridelphia, dont know her name, she is pretty strong for a female, former boxer and can really get in deep. i went to some other lady before and i told her i wanted deep tissue, she about put me to sleep, she wasnt strong enough to apply the necessary pressure.

edge250 said:
no, the lady out in tridelphia, dont know her name, she is pretty strong for a female, former boxer and can really get in deep. i went to some other lady before and i told her i wanted deep tissue, she about put me to sleep, she wasnt strong enough to apply the necessary pressure.

That's her bro. Been going to her for a few years although not enough. She can really put a hurting on you. She knows her stuff.

lol, she is good. she does a couple different things to me, some kinda fascial release, reflexology, deep tissue and something else.

mag's doesnt my avatar look like kara??? oct 12 dude, going in for a set of small D's you'll have to come down and check them out:D :D :D :D

edge250 said:
mag's doesnt my avatar look like kara??? oct 12 dude, going in for a set of small D's you'll have to come down and check them out:D :D :D :D

I think you made a good decision going with the "d's" :D and of course I would love to check them out. :eek:

Magnum said:
I think you made a good decision going with the "d's" :D and of course I would love to check them out. :eek:

its important to have a subjective eye like yourself to judge symmetry and proportion, lol.

edge250 said:
its important to have a subjective eye like yourself to judge symmetry and proportion, lol.

Hahaha you took the words right outta my mouth. :D

Magnum said:

im sure you do

ya bro, I get it done about 3 times per month, a few words of advice though, first make sure you take a day or 2 out of the gym the first few times you get it done as it will really wreck your nervous system and you will probablly run into a state of overtraining. make sure to drink plenty of ater prior to and after to flush out the toxins that will be released, when looking for someone good try a few different therapists, another word of advice I got from jay cutler is if it feels good their not doing it correctly, every time I get it done I have to bite on a rag and tears come to my eyes, so the harder the better usually. I usually get the weak body parts I am trying to bring up worker on a lot, and also the delts and lats cause this is where most of the injections go and it helps to relase the scar tissue. deep tissue is probablly one of the best things for a body builder who wants to grow and prevent injury.

Had it done twice...got sick after both times,something to do with the toxin release. they told me if I go more often it will quit happening..kinda like if I go to the dentist more often I'd get use to it...just aint gonna happen..no more for me!:(
GF

It's a love/hate deal. That's fo sho.

I do the deep tissue twice a week and completely believe in it. I've been going for about a year now and I've seen great results from it. Altough it took going through ten different therap. before I found the one for me. Mine too has to rest before and I have to be her last apt. She can't use her hands by the time she's done. She also says that she enjoys working on bodybuilders because she can follow the muscle from insertion to insertition.

is there a real difference between deep tissue and ART? im having trouble finding anyone who does the active release therapy around here but i know of some places that have deep tissue massages. my freakin rotator cuff has been giving me problems for about a month and it really feels like it has a build up of scar tissue in it. was thinkin bout havin my wife dig her fingers in there and massage the shit out of it while i moved it around but im sure thats prolly not a good idea either.

gravityfighter said:
Had it done twice...got sick after both times,something to do with the toxin release. they told me if I go more often it will quit happening..kinda like if I go to the dentist more often I'd get use to it...just aint gonna happen..no more for me!:(
GF

dude you have to drink A LOT Of water after each session to flush those toxins! you won't get sick if you do this.

BW

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner