over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DELETING BROWSER HISTORY

klowndog

Registered
I work at an office, and try to erase my history ed. Can they still track all my footsteps online?

Yes, you can be tracked

And so can your wife. :)

Forensic criminology is an amazing thing. Every key stroke is saved for eternity, unless your hard drive drops in the ocean. But then you are probably logged into a server so even destroying the hard drive is in vain.

Thanks coach.

So my boss could have a screen in his office, and just pullup exactly what I'm looking at at anytime? Or pullup a list of every site Ive been to the last year?

I do my job and do it well, just kill extra time on the net. So I'm not super worried about it, just wonder if they have a secret screen they pull up that shows what Im doing.

If they do that, isn't that invasion of privacy or something?

I'd relax

If your company was really worried about your internet browsing, they would block access to a broad range of sites. That's what most large companies do (my wife works for Merck - and she can't even get to sports illustrated). Unless your boss is in IT, or speaks to IT to arrange it, he/she is not following your browser history. Just like at my company, they probably don't give a hoot what you do.

But for one who knows how (certainly not me), they could take your computer and pull up every "permanently" deleted email and your whole browser history.

If you haven't heard of it done at your place of work, I doubt it's happening.

But when you are at work, using company internet and computers - YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO PRIVACY. Get the right to privacy amendment out of your head.

When the cops bust a drug dealer, they always grab all computers.

You will first need to tell me what browser you use. While I can point you in the right direction, this is not full proof and there is no way that anyone or any program can predict where you have stored files if you did a manual download.

Thanks coach.

So my boss could have a screen in his office, and just pullup exactly what I'm looking at at anytime? Or pullup a list of every site Ive been to the last year?

I do my job and do it well, just kill extra time on the net. So I'm not super worried about it, just wonder if they have a secret screen they pull up that shows what Im doing.

If they do that, isn't that invasion of privacy or something?

not an invasion of privacy.. when you were hired.. chances are network acceptable use was one of the papers you signed in your new hire packet. that basically says that you will use the computer for work purposes and have no expectation of privacy since you are using their property

typically how it works is your cookies/history are logged to an off net server if certain user tracking software is installed and or enabled on ur pc.. (any type of remote desktop app used by your IT department will count)

they have to make an effort to enable tracking on almost all software then they would have to search the logs. occasionally there are parameters set up that will set off red flags on certain sites or words and some programs can be configured to send an email when someone hits a prohibited and or flagged site..

i.e.. unless you work for someone very very anal or for the government chances are they arent actively monitoring your usage since its a gigantic pain in the ass lol

check out the internet browser TOR. It is encrypted browser. It also doesn't allow websites to log your real IP when you check them out (a good idea if you're visiting a bunch of shady ass AAS sites).

Everything can be traced

You have to understand if you are connected to your work LAN they can track every website you ever visted on the server side. You can clear all your history and so on from your computer but this stuff can be traced on the server. This of course depends on your IT department.

Erasing history, cookies, temp files and even index.dat does nothing. Internet history can be requested from an ISP by court order too so even taking a drill to your hard drive doesn't protect you.

To top it off, you can purchase a Key COder for about 100 dollars and track every single key stroke that somone makes on a computer. YOu can dig out passwords, web sites, chat sessions...you name it. That is what the average meat head can track. YOur companies IT department has access to even better goodies than that :)

Bottom line bro. Don't look at anything on line that you wouldn't feel good about pulling up with your boss standing right there looking at it with you.

^ you can scramble key coders and you can get around network tracking your activity!

pssstt again...check out TOR ;)

not an invasion of privacy.. when you were hired.. chances are network acceptable use was one of the papers you signed in your new hire packet. that basically says that you will use the computer for work purposes and have no expectation of privacy since you are using their property

typically how it works is your cookies/history are logged to an off net server if certain user tracking software is installed and or enabled on ur pc.. (any type of remote desktop app used by your IT department will count)

they have to make an effort to enable tracking on almost all software then they would have to search the logs. occasionally there are parameters set up that will set off red flags on certain sites or words and some programs can be configured to send an email when someone hits a prohibited and or flagged site..

i.e.. unless you work for someone very very anal or for the government chances are they arent actively monitoring your usage since its a gigantic pain in the ass lol

This is absolutely correct.

i do get asked from time to time when they suspect people dicking around too often to monitor their use. I do pull up a screen and view their screen remotely with their supervisors when asked for about 20 minutes, so just know it can be done.
You can wipe sessions, history, cookies, and learn to store your downloads into 1 spot like kaiser said depending on the browser. This only works if your company doesn't track you with a proxy server or something like websense that filters traffic. (love websense for tracking bad employees lol)

Invasion of privacy, only if it was your own computer and own internet connection. If it is your company's, then it's their computer, not yours.
Like Sadie said, you most likely signed this fair use policy on hire, if not then at some point during your career.

Yes, as they stated you probably signed something from the beginning. If you didn't and you live in the United States, it more than likely still falls under the Information Act that was amended a few years back. Not sure about built in laws for other countries however.

Keyloggers will keep detailed info.
You can put one on your personal PC if you like . It is just a piece of software.
It will keep track of just about everything done on the pc the logger is installed on.

^ you can scramble key coders and you can get around network tracking your activity!

pssstt again...check out TOR ;)

The problem with using TOR is that it'll set off massive red flags in your IT department, and they'll definitely start watching what you're doing pretty closely.

The problem with using TOR is that it'll set off massive red flags in your IT department, and they'll definitely start watching what you're doing pretty closely.

and if you work for a company that has their shxt even somewhat together...you wont be installing any non IE browser, cause you wont be able to, or if you do and they have their network security together it wont accept traffic from non ie browser

Last edited:
Google Chrome allows you to surf in incognito mode without showing your search history. Whether your company blocks any other sites like this is another story?

If you want to not be tracked by the web browser id recommend getting yourself a usb flash drive . Installing firefox or chrome onto the thumbdrive and using the web browser off your thumbdrive to do your surfing on the internet. Everything's saved to the usb flash drive.

Also a good tool to check out is ccleaner. Its an amazing tool and free. It will remove all traces of websites, cookies, and it can do secured file deletion up to government grade so it can't be recovered if your that paranoid about what your doing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws