over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diastasis Recti

lestatgear

FOUNDING Member / Sponsor Rep
Registered
Sponsors
So I suffer from what so many call GH gut. After some research this essentially appears to be diastasis recti. The cause for bodybuilders seems to be multiple. Eating copious amounts of food for extended period of time. Pressure put on the abdominal wall while lifting heavy especially for exercises like squats and deadlifts. Insulin resistance from GH causing visceral fat.

Couple of questions for anyone with experience in this area. I will be getting my umbilical hernia repaired soon and am considering getting my diastasis recti repaired as well. Anyone else do this and if so, what method and how was your recovery? Question two, I’m considering using Glucophage to increase insulin sensitivity. Anyone have experience with this and it ultimately reducing visceral fat (with exercise obviously) and distended stomach?

Just realized I posted this as a sticky and didn’t mean to. If a mod or someone can move that would be great. Thanks.

Do u mind sharing how much HGH and Insulin you were using that might have attributed to the gut extension?

I have this but have had it long before trying insulin and growth =/ pelvic tilt also. and umbilical hernia , abs do not look like they used to in early 20s

lestat do you train abs/core? I ask because some guys are lean with abs but don't really train them much and wind up with diastasis recti from squats and deads. From what I read on it some years back, the attempt to surgically repair it isn't that successful...maybe that's changed. If I remember right, @Big A has/had this and after researching it he decided against surgery. I could be thinking of someone else though.

I would definitely hop on some Metformin (glucophage). There are literally 100s of threads on here about its use and practices. It will definitely help out with insulin sensitivity.
As far as the diastasis recti, I have no experience. Im sure you could find some reports on reddit though. But speaking to that...diastasis recti is not solely GH gut and vice versa. "GH gut" is just a reference to a protruding abdominal wall...LOTS of BBers have these symptoms with it squarely being diastasis recti. Seems like there are a lot of causes of diastasis recti so your condition couldve come from a ton of different things. As far as GH gut, i dont buy into the deadlifting/squat myth whatsoever. There are 1000s of heavy lifters who dont have any blown out waists due to this. I think its more about hardcore GH used and unchecked insulin resistance for years — leading to massive visceral fat storage.

Do u mind sharing how much HGH and Insulin you were using that might have attributed to the gut extension?
It’s been anywhere from 3-6 I.u.’s a day everyday for the last 20 years or so. I don’t think the GH is the only contributing factor though. I’ve only used slin once.

Every few months you will see a thread about blown out guts but never a consensus on what causes it..

Overfeeding
Visceral fat
Squats deads
Poor insulin sensitivity
Genetics
Poor core control
Poor digestion (from firxeydeey)
Gh/slin

Who knows the real cause. I think overfeeding is a big part, one reason why I think so many should be realistic with what their genetics are and how big they can get without adding excess fat and having the blown out gut. I think vaccumes do help a bit.

lestat do you train abs/core? I ask because some guys are lean with abs but don't really train them much and wind up with diastasis recti from squats and deads. From what I read on it some years back, the attempt to surgically repair it isn't that successful...maybe that's changed. If I remember right, @Big A has/had this and after researching it he decided against surgery. I could be thinking of someone else though.
I do train abs and core. Not now with the hernia as it’s gotten to the point of where I can’t do core. It’s too painful. I’ve trained core more over the past 6 or 7 years, especially up to recently when I was incorporating CrossFit type workouts until the hernia got too bad.

I’m almost 52 now so don’t train heavy anymore. But during my real heavy training days I trained them but not crazy. Only 3 or 4 sets of crunches on a machine during most workouts. Heavy squats and deads.

I’m sure the technology and technique has gotten better. This will be my second hernia repair and will require mesh. My understanding is that one technique that is used is to mesh the facia of the abdominal wall back together while doing the hernia. Just a much bigger mesh.

I think the recovery will be a bitch from what I’ve read.

Reactions: Bio
I would definitely hop on some Metformin (glucophage). There are literally 100s of threads on here about its use and practices. It will definitely help out with insulin sensitivity.
As far as the diastasis recti, I have no experience. Im sure you could find some reports on reddit though. But speaking to that...diastasis recti is not solely GH gut and vice versa. "GH gut" is just a reference to a protruding abdominal wall...LOTS of BBers have these symptoms with it squarely being diastasis recti. Seems like there are a lot of causes of diastasis recti so your condition couldve come from a ton of different things. As far as GH gut, i dont buy into the deadlifting/squat myth whatsoever. There are 1000s of heavy lifters who dont have any blown out waists due to this. I think its more about hardcore GH used and unchecked insulin resistance for years — leading to massive visceral fat storage.
I agree.

Every few months you will see a thread about blown out guts but never a consensus on what causes it..

Overfeeding
Visceral fat
Squats deads
Poor insulin sensitivity
Genetics
Poor core control
Poor digestion (from firxeydeey)
Gh/slin

Who knows the real cause. I think overfeeding is a big part, one reason why I think so many should be realistic with what their genetics are and how big they can get without adding excess fat and having the blown out gut. I think vaccumes do help a bit.
I did everything I could to fight my genetic disposition to be thin, including eating ridiculous amounts of food. I agree with your commentary on being realistic. Had I known then what I know now.

I have been diagnosed with this 10 years ago. Doc feels it was from years of powerlifting, weighted sit-ups etc. I went to the doc because of hernias and also diagnosed with this. Insurance wouldn’t cover the surgery for this, but of course the hernias were covered. It can be very frustrating.

tupler technique for closing it without surgery, and / or breath belt(go follow Marc Lobliners journey through the mesh plate surgery and the breath belt fixing a decade later)

that said, you may need to have it closed surgically depending on severity

I had about a 3 inch diastasis recti repaired when I did my umbilical hernia.

Also, being more of a natural ectomorph I've had to much food pretty hard which I think ads to the distention.

On DEXA, I've had my visceral fat down to .11 at 7.6% BF. Even at that level I still stay a little "pushed out" depending on my food intake. I really think the only way to help with this it to work on abdominal control DAILY. Charles Griffen was able to do this very successfully after his hernia repair and is now able to do a vacuum. I personally need to work on it daily but I get lazy with it. Just one more thing after training, cardio, cooking, eating, mobility work, sleep, etc.

I have been diagnosed with this 10 years ago. Doc feels it was from years of powerlifting, weighted sit-ups etc. I went to the doc because of hernias and also diagnosed with this. Insurance wouldn’t cover the surgery for this, but of course the hernias were covered. It can be very frustrating.
I know the hernia surgery will be covered by insurance. The diastasis repair I know I will have pay out of pocket. That’s the other thing. Cost will be a factor. I’ve heard when getting both repaired at the same time, it helps reduce the cost of the diastasis repair. Hoping for not more than $5k.

Also, being more of a natural ectomorph I've had to much food pretty hard which I think ads to the distention.

On DEXA, I've had my visceral fat down to .11 at 7.6% BF. Even at that level I still stay a little "pushed out" depending on my food intake. I really think the only way to help with this it to work on abdominal control DAILY. Charles Griffen was able to do this very successfully after his hernia repair and is now able to do a vacuum. I personally need to work on it daily but I get lazy with it. Just one more thing after training, cardio, cooking, eating, mobility work, sleep, etc.
Excuse my ignorance. What’s DEXA?

I have it pretty bad. You can fit about 3 or 4 fingers in the separation between my abs, and it's to the point where it's gettting painful. Granted, my BF is higher than it should be right now but just sitting upright and having anything on or near my gut is uncomfortable as hell. The only time I'm somewhat comfortable is laying back or standing up. I had an umbilical hernia years ago for which I had mesh put in and I went and got tested again for one (actually HOPING it was a hernia) but it's not. The fact that insurance won't pay for this is awful. I'll (eventually) have to come out of pocket for the whole thing, unless I can find a doctor that will be sympathetic to my plight, acknowledge I am in actual pain and suggest this the insurance company that this is more than cosmetic but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

I am a personal trainer and one of the gals I train had it really bad (child birth) and she had the surgery. She was on the shelf for about 3 months, but made a nice comeback and is 100% now. For her, it was worth it.

This^

Lots of guys with bad GH gut have literally almost no fat on their body. It's not very likely at all that visceral fat is the culprit. HGH melts visceral fat, it's one of the main effects/benefits seen in research papers over 50 years old.

The most likely culprit is organ growth which is a documented side effect of HGH. There are IGF-1 receptors in the gut; intestines and other organs. Individuals will have different genetics that predispose to this stuff. I also believe that "stretching" effect on the stomach, intestines and abdominal muscles with copious amounts of food is another plausible additive effect.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131